A Wicked Tale of Cinderella's Stepmom - Ch. 13

Dex-chan lover
what did she do that would incite the anger from her brother? I forgot
all I can recall is that this story setting takes place during a sexist period

@iskaeil Well, Mildred so far seems to be holding her own with him.......hopefully we see a change in his personality/how he acts towards her before she actually falls for him. It's certainly more realistic for him to be like that, but it's not exactly the kind of behavior a level-headed modern woman would be into. I have to say, though, it is very satisfying to see Mildred shut his shitty behavior down immediately

All the talk about her totally-not-dead-husband reminds me: why was her brother trying to set her up with that guy at the ball???? As far as he and everyone else knows, she's still legally married, right?

@reedercat I think because her husband has been absent for so long, it's ok for her to be looking at other men bc they could just say she's planning for divorce, considering how long her husband has been away and the fact that his business has not seen any noteworthy success. She and her husband don't have a child together either so I suppose the noble society would see it as a marriage on the rocks, even if they believe he's alive.

Alternatively I'm sure having affairs is not that uncommon either. Gary already knows her husband is dead, so I guess you could think that he has no qualms just introducing her to another man, the other party may see it as an affair but Gary knows it's more like...a trial period, I guess, so if they get along well (just going on dates, I'd presume) they could drop the reveal that her husband is dead by then and just remarry.

Haaaaa and here I thought that that-count-which-name-I-forgot got at least some humility. Probably been a spoiled brat since birth that he can't stand it when something didn't go as he want 😒

Aggregator gang
Oh Gary, chill your blood pressure will go up 😂

Thank you for your hard work on these chapters 💕

So chapter 5-6 she says she has to tell her sister-in-law that her husband's body has been found, which means her husband is confirmed dead, which is why her brother is trying to set her up with another marriage, and meanwhile she's hoping her low status means no one's paying attention to her actual status so she can lie that her husband isn't dead to keep some distance with this Walford dude.

I'm not really sure why the brother wants to set up the marriage...? Does he get an introduction fee or something?

(I'm just gonna ignore that she's keeping her distance from Walford bc I'm pretty sure that's some sort of plot armour that keeps him intrigued or something)

Users who are viewing this thread