A Wicked Tale of Cinderella's Stepmom - Vol. 1 Ch. 32

I liked how the contrast between the ideal fairytale and this story is very wide and properly portrayed and this chapter really goes to all the girls out there who want to have a cinderella story hahahaha pack it up girls the world ain't that nice anyway thanks for the mass update really enjoyed binged reading

Group Leader
She never understood struggle because she never faced one. How dared you preach about someone going the wrong path. Would people steal if they have no need? Would people sell themselves if they have way to earn money by another?

I hoped Queen Dowager has a good sense and grasp what Mildred mean before she go ranting about sharing and caring. The world is not that fair.

Double-page supporter
@Zephyr247

Same. Been wondering what the plot is coz I don't see it lol.

Thanks for the mass release Sleepy Translations

@Shikyoneko

The official is out on Tapas for a while already. It's called A Wicked Tale of Cinderella's Stepmom. Do support it there!

Both the Queen dowager and countess are annoying.
They just tell her to live by the books and be a pushover. Mildred did that all her life and her life just got progressively worse. What’s she supposed to do? Just lie down and die waiting for someone to save her? Let down her daughters who can only rely on her just to look good for snobby aristocrats who won’t ever return the favor?
Even Mildred’s blood brother won’t help in a significant way and tries to USE Mildred whenever it’s convenient to him.

Also the implication that comes with “living as a good person automatically translates to a good return is rude AF”
Milly’s life sucks rn. Are they implying she wasn’t living as a good person?

Those two entitled hoes haven’t experienced real struggle once. They probably just cry and whine and get what they want. Ashley is supposed to be Cinderella but she works hard for herself and the people around her too.

bruh is the queen this dumb
usually they're a smart symbol of power, or at least calculating

Is it possible for her to be this ignorant?

Fed-Kun's army
Those looking for plot...
plot is Mildred tries to marry her children off to well-to-do men while avoiding the bad end that was dealt to Cinderella's stepfamily. It's really just that simple. And we're now faced with the possibility that this isn't even Cinderella to begin with. But the plot remains true regardless. We're just seeing a slower pace than the fairytale as we get to see the true struggles of the family & focusing on all 4 Barnes ladies (mainly mom of course) but we get to know things like Iris? is a budding artist or seems to be. How they get to their happy endings is where the plot is going. Why so confused?

Thanks for translating this far. 😊

Omg ty for so many chapters!!! And yesss I love how confident she is, the queen dowager is old af but way more oblivious lmfao it’s so sad

just to note its not "queen" but "queen dowager" aka the current king's mother that is naive

It's scary when pressing next leads you to another chapter.. and another.. and another

<.< what sorcery is this?

Btw thank you ;-;

Scan group went off!!

Sleepy translations is gonna make me sleepy from staying up all night reading

Dex-chan lover
@MilleYeux
Is it possible for her to be this ignorant?
Well yes. If you live your life without pain, you natturaly don't think about it.
People tend to think that other people are in the same boat than them.

In my country in France, our president try to be compationate and say :
I know, it's hard for everyone to not have money. When I was in university I lived whith only 1000€
When I was in university, I lived with 400€ and I considered myself lucky to be this rich compared to other students.
Paid my home costed me 200€ and I have 200€ to eat each month, many of my friends only have 200€ or nothing and was working.
But I'm sure our president was sincere when he said he struggle with 1000€, that because he lived a better lived than is people.

Another French reference, when the french revolution start. That start because there is no food for people and the noble monopolize it. The people said that they didn't even have "bread", the cheaper food. Marie-Antoinette the queen respond "If there is no bread, eat brioche", at that time bun was a luxury food.

When the queen dowager said : "If your are an aristrocat you would display an indiference to money", that the point of view of someone who didn't have money problem. XD

For finish, yes there is a crack between the government and the people, that doesn't start yersterday.

thank you so much for the mass translations!! so happy to finally see an isekai with an MC who actually holds resentment about being forced into an old society with values completely different to their own modern ones... lmao go off sis tell these privileged ladies off (hope she doesn't get kicked out of society for doing it tho lmao)

Thanks for the translation so far
Now we have to wait 3 months for tapas to catch up

Thanks for the update~
You must experience something first to realize something
Ashley is not the Cinderella of this story, but the Queen's Dowager is. She's the one who got helped by the fairy godmother so she is still naive because the fairy godmother is still helping her even now. I'm surprised though I thought that she would be a little wise because of her age and how she's matured through experience as the queen yeah I'm disapponted

I never like the people who think that selling their body for a living is bad. I think if it's for their living they can do whatever they want as long as they have consent for each other and harm no one. Mildred is the true queen yalls

Users who are viewing this thread