A Wicked Tale of Cinderella's Stepmom

I like how her eldest daughter and the prince are probably going to end up together. It gives the readers a nice twist and break from the usual stuff.

The scanlation here is better than most since their work is really clean and they choose a good words for the translation that it's very easy to understand the meaning! Thank you for your hardwork!

gary. you tried to set up your own sister with some skeevy bastard, presumably for your own financial gain, and YOU’RE mad she said “no, i don’t want this trash”?

Support the official English translation in order to also support the author! The official release is actually ahead of this mangadex version.

https://tapas.io/series/a-wicked-tale-of-cinderellas-stepmom/info

Thank you for translating!!!!!

I don’t think I’ll ever get tired of saying this but I feel like the blue eyed and blonde haired main character trope is overused and boring at this point, especially in this case because Cinderella’s sisters are supposed to be ugly. But the the heck they’re pretty.
I also resent the fact that they their own mum acknowledged the idea of them being ugly in comparison to Cinderella

I wish the sisters weren’t the only ones given big noses because it feels like the story is trying to push this idea of Big nose = ugly/less pretty especially because their only major difference from everyone else is that they don’t have pointed noses. I know she’s Cinderella and all but it’s washed for me.

Monologue over!!!!

This is soo good! And I absolutely love the 14th chapter (not on this site, I read the official release). That one’s THE BEST! If you’ve not already done going to tapas and read it, do it now! You won’t regret it! Even if you have to watch 30 advertisements for it!
Not a spoiler, but maybe unwanted info for some
Tapas has a way to gain “inkdrops”(their currency) by watching adds, 300 inkdrops unlocks 1 chapter

Dex-chan lover
Oh now I realize why I'm not feeling it yet..
The male lead is just simply being a real smartass.. and barely showing the more likeable quality he should have got.

here is RAW chapters 14-26 https://newtoki92.com/webtoon/7321676/%EC%8B%A0%EB%8D%B0%EB%A0%90%EB%9D%BC%EB%A5%BC-%EA%B3%B1%EA%B2%8C-%ED%82%A4%EC%9B%A0%EC%8A%B5%EB%8B%88%EB%8B%A4?toon=%EC%9D%BC%EB%B0%98%EC%9B%B9%ED%88%B0

Have the english translations been dropped or... cause I was really hoping for it to have more, but if its continued then I'll patiently wait for more to come, ciao!

@Manganime in a group on Discord where people translates the chapters in my mother tongue, you can read it if u buy/support the author's work officially (it's a private group so I can't share the link or I'll be banned, srry). 

@Poltherium oh hi, sorry to answer u till today, lol. I've been super busy so I haven't read manwhas in a while. I'll use the spoiler tag to answer u but I'll try to not reveal much.

Basically
Daniel's real identity has to do with Mildred's current life. His role on her life has a reason and both are entangled with each other because of that, and that's why he's always where she is.

This is something I understood after knowing the ending of the novel tho. When I was on ch.28 the only thing I knew it was that Daniel was controling or getting in the way of Mildred actions/achievements/decisions, etc. and that he was just a bystender when he was needed, someone who had fun with her struggles (Mildred dealt with them beautifullly btw), but someone who wanted to intervene when his presence wasn't required or when he was unwanted.

That annoyed me a lot since his intentions seemed pretty shady/sus (I still think that way but from a different place) and because he never consulted Mildred or talked to her sincerely, even tho our MC was clearly capable to deal with everything she wanted, and she never held a 2nd agenda with anything (something that Daniel did since the very first moment he met Mildred).

Mildred was always clever, pretty realistic, and honest. She brought a lot of smart answers, wise decisions, and mature perspectives to the fairytale which I think it's good. Mildred didn't need anyone, but if she were to be in a love relationship with someone it should have been with a person ready to walk by her side, as equals, with respect and admiration for every part of her because that's what made her what she is now; not with someone who wanted to decide everything for her (no matter the intention behind) and even erasing a significant part of her. She deserved that bit of respect at least, IMO.

There is a reason for Daniel's actions and his nature, but it annoyed me especially at the end, because I thought all that went against the whole purpose of the story. The novel/manwha tried to show exactly that u can't just trust in fantasy while living; that u have to take care of yourself and work and act for the life that you want to have; that u can have both love and dreams, that u can choose one or the other and that's fine and it's valid; that u can chose one and change of opinion later because life is giving u that opportunity; that love shouldn't be a blind act or something of pure fate, that it's something that has to be nurished and worked for and by both parts.

All the female characters in the story plays their roles to reach that point, or the various consequences of that (for good or bad). Mildred seemed to be the one who had and will have all that, but at the end Mildred took the... "fairytale ending".

I appreciate the fact that the fantasy aspect of the original tale was added to Mildred's character, but I'm disappointed that it happened in this way. I personally found it pretty sad and dull because Mildred was the character with the most freedom despite her situation as a new mother. The ending is not bad perse, but the fact that Mildred lost in a way her capability to choose it/or live with that decision with full consciousness, it's what annoys me the most. Mildred deserved a lot more than a written in stone's 'happy ending'.

A part of me thinks of Daniel as the real antagonist of the story, was that the purpose of the author? I really wonder. If that's the case, I get less annoyed by Daniel and I find his role interesting, but honestly I just can't he happy with Daniel as the ML (he's hot and cunning tho, but that's not enough for me).

In a sense I think Daniel's character value can be shown for example in his interactions with the Crown Prince, where he plays as a mentor.  You can see in their interactions that the Prince grew and matured thanks to his confrontations with Daniel and helped him to show his own morals and his own self with more confidence and strenght.

I'm saying this because Daniel has his worth as a character (I won't deny it), especially after knowing his real identity; but my issue with him is that he played the '(arbitrary) mentor role' a lot (all the time tbh, and even when he shouldn't). That simply ended as something bland, lackluster, and even sad, because he thought he had the right to do things and decide stuff he shouldn't have decided because he simply had no right AT ALL.

Daniel had a complex of God during the whole story, and yeah, that kinda makes sense if u think about his identity, but at the same time that's exactly what it makes him so annoying, overbearing, rude, lowhighkey toxic, maybe even cruel? I mean, the adjectives must be chosen by every reader, because for me what he did was unfair and sad. The dude will simply never allow anything that he's not agree with to happen, and will impose his way of thought with a mischievous smile (that's a lesson to keep in mind I guess?).

And yeah same! Honestly I just read the story because of Momma Bear and her three girls. The story is nice and solid, and I think it has many wholesome lines and moments. I really like romance stories but I totally agree with u. This story would have been way better without romance for Mildred (?) or I'd have enjoyed it more if Daniel would have been a bit different (I don't dislike the cunning type per se, but this dude is definitely something). At the end of the day I recognize that he's an important character for the story and his presence is needed, without him there wouldn't be a story after all. Even tho I accept that, I don't like him haha.

Edit: Once again (I have to say it, srry~~~). I just think that Mildred deserved way more than just the fantasy of a fairytale ----which is kinda funny because that's supposed to be her prize, but instead I think her daughters got it way better (proud of Mildred for that tho).

@AiriAi Hey!! It's fine. I appreciate that you answered to my reply. ^_^

I've been re-reading what you've wrote. I'm not surprised that he will be an important character in the story, guessing this is from a fairy tale. There must be some fairy stuff or maybe the whole story. :O if I remember, Cinderella was supposed to meet her fairy godmother and meet her happy ending, however, in this story it didn't happen. The Cinderella somehow have gain her happiness not at the ending but even at the first few chapters as how Mildred took care of her equally with her two daughters. I find it wholesome. T_T

I love what the story is trying to convey. I'm loving it more that I would be able to get the message with my favorite characters as the main cast. I agree with you about Mildred.

On the other hand, what about the fairy god mother? Does it have connection on how Daniel is seen important in this story? I felt something strange with him appearing all of a sudden. It's one of the reasons why I totally prefer Mildred to live her life not in a relationship. XD I may not be able to see him as something suitable for Mildred, but I think the story won't go like so might as well accept fate. At least, Mildred is happy, right? :"D

Lastly!!! What do you mean Mildred took the "fairytale ending"?? Is she going to suffer? :((((

P.S You know, it's fine!! Hahahahaha I might agree with you on that if she will took the fairytale ending!!! XD We'll see when I finished reading the story. About her daughters, I think they deserve what have. Mildred took care of them very well that I can't help but be supporting to them. T_T In the end, I think Mildred is better off alone than ending up with any love interest. I'm even fine if she's spending her time with her daughters. XDDDDD Anyway!! Thank you so much for the lengthy reply. I enjoyed it and thank you so much for the spoilers!!! I'm so grateful. Thank you once again, my friend!! <3

Users who are viewing this thread