A Witch's Hopeless Wish - Ch. 67

She is not the arsonist, the villager chain her in her house and burned them down.
After that the fire spread to the village, because they ignore her word to cut the grass that easily catch fire.

Like karma is a bitch for the villager .

It's sad... I felt so heartbroken for the two of them. 😭💔 I just wish she won't leave him again.

Thanks for the chapter! 🧡

@Chrana She is not actually the arsonist but that's an irrelevant point, since her particular part in the incident is way worse. If she just started a fire then a lot of people would have probably ran away and survived. It would have been a fortunate scenario in comparison. But the fire was just a lucky cover-up for the actual horror of what really happened.

@saku_mochi He just said 2 chapters ago that he actually loved his father, even though he was not treated well sometimes. And after that he went to the orphanage where he was treated far worse, so from his point of view his life was ruined. Until the Earl found him.
As for the villagers, I don't think anyone actually feels bad for those that wanted to kill her. But there were hundreds of people there that probably were quite harmless towards her and they all died.

Aww, the complexity of his feelings. I'm so conflicted. It's so sad to see him like the little boy kneeling there begging her not to leave. At the same time, I want to see Ellen walk away and erase his memories of her. For the drama, people, for the drama. Or have her reunite with Noah.

It’s so heart breaking for MC😭 even thought ML admit it. It’s still prove Noah’s word.

Thanks for the update. Despite all my mental preparations, we've reached angst levels that weren't supposed to be possible and I'm ashamed to admit I couldn't handle it. D*mn that kneeling sorrowful Caidel was quite the panel. I dunno how we can even fix this

@saku_mochi you have to consider the setting or period, Caidel's father may not be the ideal father but the man still performed his duty and gave him a home and food on the table. The treatment only got worse when he found out his son was getting acquainted with Ellen (but lets consider the abuse *as weird as this sound* was tolerable at least), heck remember Caidel's mom taught Ellen that while her husband wasn't the perfect man, they needed a man to protect them back then.

Additionally, once the villagers all mysteriously died (sure, we can consider the ones who chained Ellen at least got their karma, but what about the rest? Other kids in Caidel's age. They certainly couldn't do much harm on a lone woman, *other than probably throwing stones at the creepy half black colored eyed woman*, moms who at the very least didn't want their kids to feel frightened on what they considered "different"), remember Caidel was sent to an orphanage where he had experienced something even more terrible (older kids bullied him and the adults scolded him) than his father's abuse and it was only because the Earl saved him (bear in mind, we don't know how long he stayed in the orphanage but we can consider him having thought of being betrayed for YEARS doesn't mysteriously disappear overnight. Much more since again, Ellen accidentally caused his father's death *even if the bastard started it*)

Edit: I might as well recommend everyone to reread the prologue just to see Caidel's POV on the orphanage abuse

The way he knelt down and cried like a child in front of her 😭😭😭😭💓💓

Y'ALL THIS CHAPTER BROKE MY HEART :(( i'm also happy that caidel finally told eleanor the truth... i don't know how eleanor will handle it but i hope she knows that caidel truly loves her..... it's just that he's very conflicted...

aHHHHHH i cannot take this type of angst but i wish a happy ending for them :(((

okay but fr i feel so bad for ellen like she's been living a nightmare of a life since she was born just because she's different :--(

i know these types of things shouldn't be compared but i firmly believe that the depth of her suffering and trauma is far worse than any characters in the story (we don't know for noah yet) !!!!!!! so i'm just :(

imagine being the cause of the death of an entire village, believing that a child you saw as a younger brother also died in that horrific event !!!! and living their memories in your dreams??? whilst also blaming yourself for a tragedy you never intended....... author give her a break or something 😭

Users who are viewing this thread