Abandoned in the Mountains, I’m Adopted by a Lizard ~ I’ve Mastered Magic and Surpassed My Parents, but I Never Knew They Were Legendary Old Dragons …

Double-page supporter
So.... humans are better at quality and dragons quantity..... that sounds a little backwards to me, but also I just came back from monsterhunter so it makes some sense?
I mean basically humans have less total magic but have better fine control over that magic while a dragon has much more raw power but struggles to fine tune it and control it.

He is a special case where he is a human born with an overwhelming amount of magic power for a human and can still use with fine control due to being a human

Dex-chan lover
Couple of confusing parts:
Why did he as a baby act so embarrassed about her exposing her breasts? Thought he was reincarnated for a while, but that fits nothing of how he acted at start (thought dragon played with him), or directly after.
Why is he embarrassed about breast-feeding further at age 4? From what I understand such a sense of shame is instilled by the culture, and he was isolated with someone treating feeding for that long as a matter-of-course (prolly cause of long-lived species with long period to grow up).
What was written on that note shows when she decided to name him? I would have thought it was his name.
How the hell does he know how to walk and run immediately, after getting infused with power?
Credits said there were 2 panels that could be considered ecchi, but the panel pictured were breastfeeding so clearly wasn't one of them. But can't figure out which was referred.

Last edited:
Imiko (忌み子) definitely does not mean 'dream child'. Don't be adding "tl notes" for things you can't actually translate because you don't know Japanese and rely on MTL.

Dex-chan lover
Imiko (忌み子) definitely does not mean 'dream child'. Don't be adding "tl notes" for things you can't actually translate because you don't know Japanese and rely on MTL.
I think this comes down to a matter of upbringing or locale. "Imiko" is a miscarriage or stillborn, which some people do call a "dream child" as in 'child you only meet in your dreams'

Dex-chan lover
Well the pacing is off and the writing is nonsensical and the powerscaling got demolished and the characters act about as realistic as Zuckerberg pretending to be human. Welp, guess I'm reading another trash power fantasy harem manga. Considering he remembers what happened right after birth, I wonder if he's also a reincarnator. Would totally add to my bingo card.

Double-page supporter
I think this comes down to a matter of upbringing or locale. "Imiko" is a miscarriage or stillborn, which some people do call a "dream child" as in 'child you only meet in your dreams'
That's what the tl note should have been, instead of saying that a japanese term in a japanese manga is of japanese origin.

Dex-chan lover
The title is a lie.
I expected him to literally think he was raised by some lizardmen or smth but noooo, it was a dragonic girl.
tenor.gif

Dex-chan lover
Wow I randomly read that comment but wow.

Maybe even if they do call it that, in English "dream" has two different meanings, so you're saying that instead of extremely positive meaning as in the child so good/great, nice or talented, it's the tragic meaning, huh?
That means we have there something even worse than not explaining the word. That's just misinformation. TL note corelate it with the English "dream child" with positive expectation, but it's the opposite.

What's more is simple googling gives you explanation
Definition of 忌み子: いみこ - imiko - unwanted child, shunned child.
Written with characters 忌 meaning mourning, abhor, detestable, death anniversary.
And 子 meaning child, sign of the rat, 11PM-1AM, first sign of Chinese zodiac
At least according to this site.
So even without the TL note, curious people would get a better idea what it means without being misinformed, misled and confused of what it means.

Last edited:
I'm going to keep around a bingo card for power fantasies and generic Isekais around from now on.

Users who are viewing this thread