Account keep logging out

Fed-Kun's army
Is this just me? My account keeps logging out automatically even though i already set it to remember me.
This start happening since today. Maybe because i keep changing between mobile data and wi-fi?

@Kurotsubaki No you are not the only one it happens to me too, already tried clearing cookies, resetting my phone and changing my password.

Miku best girl
Admin
Changing between mobile data and Wi-Fi may cause this but if you log on from both, you shouldn't be getting logged out. Thoughts, @rdn ?

rdn

Forum Admin
Staff
Developer
Yes, this is because the session can only be recognized, if the browser-id and the ip match. so each time you get a new ip, it needs a new session too.

Generally this is to prevent session-highjacking and add more security. But considering how many mobile users this might affect, i'm thinking of adding a "low-security" mode which does take changing ip addresses into account one way or the other.

Aggregator gang
@rdn i only use my laptop at home to read in here and i have the same issues.

rdn

Forum Admin
Staff
Developer
Alright, I prepared a fix that takes changing IPs into account. It should be live soon.

Heyo, wanna ask, I'm still getting logged out after awhile when I'm afk-ing whilst reading some manga. Is this a bug?

Fed-Kun's army
I was getting logged out each hour until I remembered uMatrix hourly spoofs my browser's user-agent. I assumed the issue was on the site's end because it didn't happen before the site update.

The sessions log from my account settings supports this.
hkx50i.png
Huh.

Users who are viewing this thread