Accounts compromised via phishing sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dex-chan lover
but how can I scan the qr for 2fa with my phone if i opened it with my phone

@alidan
@Tatsuya-Kai
@AMicrowave
I understand that not everyone has a smartphone, but come on, it's 2020, it's more likely for a person to have a phone than not.

Besides, I didn't test it, but couldn't you use 2fa with some android emulator, like bluestacks?

@mage_goo
Use the 2fa key. QR is just a shortcut so that you don't have to copy-paste the key.

@BzzBzz
>People in their 20s
>Millenials

@anon_whos_not_a_fag
To many steps to go through for 2 factor and i'm not paying 600+$ for a piece of shit thats only good for 2factor
hell I already don't use phones at all because I can barely understand what other people are saying, and there is nothing important enough for me to be required to have a phone when an email is good enough. my only account I really give a shit about has a 23 character password I have memorized and is unique and not used anywhere else

Dex-chan lover
@BzzBzz most millennials actually grew up being taught that random links and ads are always viruses and scams, it got so hard drilled into me that no matter how much creators on youtube or other sites beg, i'm not clicking on sponser links or turning off my adblock

Dex-chan lover
So the poor things got to go on Discord and suffer Electron bloatscript to get unbanned? Man, talk about having a tough day.

P.S
Does this flood of phished accounts have anything to do with the site being excruciatingly slow at the moment? Seriously, I'm fairly certain you could host a full geriatric golf tournament in the time a page takes to load right now.

muf

the best way to defeat this is to not have any friends.

jk
2fa-security.png

I got 2 friend requests already and I denied both, I'm glad I checked their account first before accepting

thanks for the headsup i got a few friend request also but allways decline and just setup 2fa

ue

So I made the mistake of not looking at the website address and logged into a phishing site before I realized it was one. I changed the password and enabled two-factor authentication. Is my account still compromised?

Dex-chan lover
@ue Go to Settings > Password and Security
Check your browser and persistent sessions to see if there are any you don't recognize. But considering you changed your password and enabled 2FA, I doubt anyone can log in anymore

Double-page supporter
good thing lastpass doesn't give me my password on a phishing site, it just assumes it's an unrelated site and I have to manually search for the password, also I am pretty smart to not fall for those dumb tricks

Yo did anyone else had their entire manga bookmarks disappear???? I only have 5 bookmarks and I'm sad now

Edit: false alarm that's me forgetting to switch safety mode from what I want to read

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread