Adabana - Vol. 1 Ch. 4 - Akatsuki Yuuki

Dex-chan lover
I guess for anyone who has English as their first language, it would be hard. That's my guess.
Because it's easy to understand. Maybe there is an update between the first comment and my read.

Ugh. This guy just raises his own death flag.
With this pace, this manga doesn't even need 2nd volume. Everyone would just die in the 1st vol.

Double-page supporter
Manga in which the protagonist commits a murder are roughly like this.

First day:
- oh my God I killed a human being!

One week later:
- hello, we are conducting a telephone survey, can you take just a minute to answer some questions about climate change?
- I have to kill you, there is no other option!

Jokes aside. Is it possible that her friend has been manipulating her from the start?

@Mna You are an idiot. DeepL does not do a good job. It is not worth spreading this trash tier work that only brings down the quality of the actual manga. Reading the raw is better because even if you don't know enough japanese, it's a process that helps you learn and you are forced to acknowledge your ignorance. Machine translations like this sell a lie that what you are reading is correct and there is nothing wrong with it. Couldn't be further from the truth!

Dex-chan lover
@Omelette

Dude. Not everyone has the time to learn Japanese.

I mean you're not wrong that theres nuance and stuff to the original content (in any translated work) that gets lost in translation, so reading anything in it's original language is ideal, but that's not to say it's necessarily practical. You cant reasonably expect every casual manga reader to learn Japanese

@Omelette please don't read the translated version if you can't shut your trap. You don't have to ruin it for the others. Think we don't know that there are some lost parts? What are you ten? Get out of here.

@Kssjdkss You're free to read without responding to me. I'm only replying back to those who @ me. But, my silence can be bought if you so desire.

@Brackass I'm not even talking about nuance and stuff. They miss whole meanings and don't really understand a lot of what is said. My point isn't to learn Japanese either. But this is devaluing the comic and misrepresenting it. Machine translations aren't a substitute to actual human translations. Anyone can edit them to sound readable, it doesn't mean its accurate.

Dex-chan lover
Try to do something is better than doing nothing at all and i applaud to the translator for doing this and thanks a bunch

Group Leader
Hey guys, thought I'd clear some stuff up about the translation.

DeepL can't capture some of the nuances of Japanese but it generally seems to do a good job at picking that stuff up. I obviously have to tweak the translation a little bit because there are some Japanese phrases that lose meaning and/or don't make sense when converted to another language.

Also, I do cross-reference other translations to see how other people interpreted the base language. So in the end, the translation you're seeing is based on a couple different sources. I honestly think the translation is pretty good (though not as good as a native speaker would translate it) and I can grasp the flow of the story with no problem.

That being said, I do appreciate all the feedback (positive and negative) and encourage you guys to check out DeepL and other AI-driven translation services if you're interested in the process! Thanks for reading! 😀

I was ignoring the first page since i thought it doesn't really matter. All i want is just something readable about this but this stuff honestly is actually good.

But who cares really if you read the raw or whatever, in the end we all read them for free and feel no guilty. Making yourself feel better here wont do any shit in your live.

Everybody here is talking about the translation, meanwhile I'm just trying to figure out which character is telling the truth...

So far it seems interesting. I am glad that Mizuki is not a complete psycho and has actually chickened out from shoveling the dude over the head (I mean it seems normal to me that mental stress made her imagine attacking him) and that she was planning to turn herself in sooner than when it actually happened.

Users who are viewing this thread