Adachi to Shimamura - Vol. 3 Ch. 16.5 - Thorns That Weave the Past: Old Rose 2

Dex-chan lover
That part was pretty much identical in the anime, with some added internal monologue. Shimamura can get pretty frustrating to watch with how passive she is about everything but I was somewhat similar as a teenager so I do get her mindset 😅

Dex-chan lover
Ugh I always feel so bad for Tarumi. Waiting for some reciprocation from Shimamura that never comes...

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Fed-Kun's army
Shima's really overthinking but yep, happens to everyone.
Thank you so much for the update, its been a while. Feel like I'm
refreshing the scenes from the anime.

This part feels painfully real to me, I remember even crying a bit when I read it in the LNs
I love Adachi, but Shimamura always felt more easy to relate to

Dex-chan lover
if shima wasnt so passive i feel like adachi wouldnt have been able to cling to her yuri yuri yuri

I wonder if the author will change how this goes last time i read the light novel it was volume 8 and they haven't even kissed yet lol

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

now i remember this part in the LN where they rode the train home

On my right, I saw the night, and on my left, the end of twilight, separating me from the train car.
The train was filled with people on their way back home, and as it continued rocking me about, I went ahead and shone the lamp that was my thoughts beyond the dusk.
What was it that people saw when they peered into the past?
A once-happy world? The version of themselves that used to be pure and innocent? Wounds that they wished they could forget?
Those were all things that I, too, could see.
Yet, my past was bound by thorns. Trying to reach for it always resulted in my still-immature self getting stung by them.

damm sneikkimies you rock

Thanks!

Im holding myself.., Should I read the light novel? Or the manga will lose its aspect of more real. Like here you can see holding hands, eyes contact etc. Which is better?

Dex-chan lover
@Kahirama I agree, there are enough small variations between all of them to make it worthwhile . Just don't go in expecting a classic, straightforward romantic story.

Phew, fourth time seeing/reading the first school year now. Mani manga, anime, light novel and now the Moke manga.

With that pace of speed it takes another year until we arrive in
second school year where romantic things start to get interesting
. 😭

Dex-chan lover
I honestly still don't understand the purpose of Yashiro's inclusion in this story. Is it just to show that this takes place in the same universe as Denpa Onna? Because in that case it feels like a reference that's been shoved down my throat way too much.

Users who are viewing this thread