After Hours

Dex-chan lover
This is very different from your typical schoolgirl yuri . . . or even your typical adult life yuri or josei. Lives that seem realistic, but out of the ordinary, in a kind of scene you don't see all the time. Treats it a different way, too--I mean, it's night life, but it's not obsessing over the "sin city" or hard-edged kind of feeling. This isn't about people who are wallowing in booze to paper over their sordid problems, it's about people who like music and dancing. All in all, so far a pretty refreshing romance.

Contributor
Glad this one is getting picked up again. It's been a while since I read the first chapter.

I legit just made an account to comment on this manga. It is so refreshing to see a yuri that isn't A) set in a highschool, B) containing a "but we're both girls??????" narrative and/or C) containing characters who are just cardboard cutouts to be mashed against each other. I can't wait to see more (this comment was posted during chapter 7), and I hope that what follows is as well written and wholesome.

There is a very good official translation for this. The last tankobon is set to release in December. @CuteFriend you don't need to wait for scanlations!
Though to be honest the second tank already feels like it completes most of the story and contains some amazing visual storytelling, too. The third collection feels like it will be more of a victory lap.

Double-page supporter
It got licensed by a company with seemingly US access only. So if you want to read it, you have to use "other" sites or move to Trump Land, hell yeah. Dont wait for uploads here.

Works as coming of age plot, completely and utterly fails as a romance ; if not through fault of its own, then in context of numerous other authors collectively abusing genres fantasy shortcuts and flattening tropes done throughout the years.

Story flows smoothly, narratives done extremely well ; overalls still meh, even if degrees of magnitude above typical #yurishit. "Adult life" and 'adult themes' in fame only though.

Dex-chan lover
Finished it now, thought it was really nice. Did not hate the drama, which I usually do (since it was mostly short and kind of realistic I guess, though of course not too much)

Fed-Kun's army
Recently finished the last volume, and I must say that I have never been more disappointed in a yuri series.

IDK what to say so here's some random image's I have for... reason's. . .
icm_fullxfull.281988082_s9ri1raov1w8cosowsg0.jpg
icm_fullxfull.283448698_kozp8s9vyhwwsg884c4o.png
icm_fullxfull.283448582_qovqlr5z0dw8kogc08s0.jpg
icm_fullxfull.283425654_ny2ovotqcuo88gcgsg4o.png
icm_fullxfull.287663191_1pbvntkubso0kocwgcok.png
icm_fullxfull.283986725_87unsu2kqnswgg0w8coc.jpg
icm_fullxfull.283986667_3t8534krmkowcs0g4k0w.jpg

Dex-chan lover
That was good! I don't why u don't like it? Drama a little bit, I don't think we can use this tag here.

Fed-Kun's army
@Bee-Haw A sweet relaxing yuri story about two adults nose dives into some of the most pointless melodrama out of nowhere. By far not the worst yuri series, I was just so disappointed to see such a good series end on a worst note than some edgy schoolgirl yuri.

Dex-chan lover
Overall, a very enjoyable read, but the last arc was definitely disappointing. How hard is it to send a fucking email?! Would have solved everything!

Dex-chan lover
Honestly I kinda agree that the final arc was a little disappointing, but I'm mostly disappointed that we didn't get a time-skip showing how everything turns out. I think it would have only taken a couple of pages, even. I was literally feeling like the story was pretty complete and satisfying after they put on the show and it was a success, and was actually surprised that there were like 200+ more pages to read. I feel like the story could have wrapped up there at two volumes. It almost feels like the final arc was kinda hastily thrown together, maybe because the author wasn't ready to stretch the series to three volumes.

Other than that, quite an enjoyable read and kinda makes me want to step behind the decks again lol.

Users who are viewing this thread