Aishiteru Game wo Owarasetai - Ch. 44 - The childhood friends feel the same way

Dex-chan lover
Holy fucking shit, this is gonna be an extremely toxic relationship if he didn't change. Miku has grow so much, she was determinated to fix the part of herself that she didn't like to be better for her and for him yet here we are, Yukiya is still the sulky, whining man that aren't comfortable being in the group and everytime he saw someone else talked with her. I knew jealousy and shit but he himself didn't do anything that justified that jealousy, he made no efforts whatsover to be better, he is still the same person from the beginning, remember, they are still FRIEND, officially at least, he shows none, absolutely no signs to others that they are something more than that. Of course Miku is gonna get a lot of attention from other boys, because she has become better and part of that made her become popular, and because why else wouldn't they not be allowed to? Sure you could say that the Squoon boy is being quite persistent but he didn't do anything that are quite rude yet. Is he going to keep sulking everytime she get a confession or invitation to hook up because oh boys, she is going to get a fuck ton of those once these two go up to college and started socializing more and more with other people.

Yukiya SERIOUSLY needs to grow up if he want this relationship to work, he can't remain such a child when everyone, both Miku and her peers are grow up. Honestly it might be better for Miku if this didn't work out and they just generally fizzle out and I mean it, Yukiya has went from someone I and many others rooted for to become bordeline insufferable with this attitude. Fix yourself boy, your girl did fix herself already, why can't you?

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, why must they hang at the most crucial moment... I know but still

Double-page supporter
Is there a lore reason as to why they won’t stop blue balling us? Is Sensei acoustic?

Dex-chan lover
the raw release is bi-weekly friday, so this chapter released released last friday (24th November), and the next chapter releases on the 8th December.
Edit: I just found where you pulled the 12th December date from. No, that's when Volume 5 goes on sale.
oh whoops lol

Double-page supporter
I've patiently followed this series for more than a year now and forgiven some earlier instances of backpedaling, but I'm going to be fucking furious if they somehow pull another cop-out in the coming chapters. It doesn't even have to be a confession, it just has to be something meaningful and immediately consequential. You can't just build up this arc over the course of EIGHT MONTHS heading toward a definitive climactic moment that everyone wants and has been promised to the reader time and time again, only to pull away at the last minute and slyly suggest that things may be resolved in the next arc. It would be beyond lazy and cynical; pure hackery. An author can only play with the readers' trust so many times before the readers stop trusting. I hope my doubts are wrong.

Dex-chan lover
Yukiya should be glad this isn't an NTR manga lmao. He needs to grow up

Dex-chan lover
While it's admirable to want to do things to perfection, there are times when you have to consider what the end goal is, and how much is enough. Time and effort aren't endless, and learning that is essential for most jobs. On the other hand, as long as you do have those, use them.

So jealous.

"Why is everyone acting as if they're so proud of themselves?"
They're not really. You're just the opposite, so it feels that way.

Please be stomp of determination.

I know she is equally to blame, I will feel the same if she doesn't speak up either.
People have this habit of putting all the blame on one character. Doesn't matter which one, but in these situations, I've only rarely seen cases where that's actually appropriate.

Dex-chan lover
Holy fucking shit, this is gonna be an extremely toxic relationship if he didn't change. Miku has grow so much, she was determinated to fix the part of herself that she didn't like to be better for her and for him yet here we are, Yukiya is still the sulky, whining man that aren't comfortable being in the group and everytime he saw someone else talked with her. I knew jealousy and shit but he himself didn't do anything that justified that jealousy, he made no efforts whatsover to be better, he is still the same person from the beginning, remember, they are still FRIEND, officially at least, he shows none, absolutely no signs to others that they are something more than that. Of course Miku is gonna get a lot of attention from other boys, because she has become better and part of that made her become popular, and because why else wouldn't they not be allowed to? Sure you could say that the Squoon boy is being quite persistent but he didn't do anything that are quite rude yet. Is he going to keep sulking everytime she get a confession or invitation to hook up because oh boys, she is going to get a fuck ton of those once these two go up to college and started socializing more and more with other people.

Yukiya SERIOUSLY needs to grow up if he want this relationship to work, he can't remain such a child when everyone, both Miku and her peers are grow up. Honestly it might be better for Miku if this didn't work out and they just generally fizzle out and I mean it, Yukiya has went from someone I and many others rooted for to become bordeline insufferable with this attitude. Fix yourself boy, your girl did fix herself already, why can't you?
I agree this would be a toxic relationship as they both currently are, but it was established they had grown apart and the I love you game was the only thing connecting them as stated by Yukiya previously.

Miku may have grown and has more friends but so far Yukiya only really has her. He has tried to create a new image for himself, but it's really just a facade. He seems to have massive self doubt issues and the I love you game seemed to worsen it. Miku has played with him and is better off socially then him. Say he confesses and she goes I never liked you, that's like a socially anxious persons worst nightmare especially if that's your only close friend.

I agree them getting together in reality would eventually fail. Yukiya needs to stop thinking he isn't worthy or popular enough. I would like to see how miku would deal with another girl making moves on Yukiya for his real self rather than the false facade. Yukiya growing and gaming more self worth would probably result in him realising how toxic the entire current relationship between himself and miku is. Yukiya has tried to fix himself and created the image of the person he wanted to be, but he doesn't have anything he wanted to get when he changed.

Dex-chan lover
I agree this would be a toxic relationship as they both currently are, but it was established they had grown apart and the I love you game was the only thing connecting them as stated by Yukiya previously.

Miku may have grown and has more friends but so far Yukiya only really has her. He has tried to create a new image for himself, but it's really just a facade. He seems to have massive self doubt issues and the I love you game seemed to worsen it. Miku has played with him and is better off socially then him. Say he confesses and she goes I never liked you, that's like a socially anxious persons worst nightmare especially if that's your only close friend.

I agree them getting together in reality would eventually fail. Yukiya needs to stop thinking he isn't worthy or popular enough. I would like to see how miku would deal with another girl making moves on Yukiya for his real self rather than the false facade. Yukiya growing and gaming more self worth would probably result in him realising how toxic the entire current relationship between himself and miku is. Yukiya has tried to fix himself and created the image of the person he wanted to be, but he doesn't have anything he wanted to get when he changed.
Honestly the whole "I love you game" is just a mistake from both of them. If they grow apart, then let it be. Everyone changed, that's just life. Committing their relationship into a massive gaslighting game is a recipe for disaster. We readers never really realized that and instead got fooled by the lovely teasing games

Dex-chan lover
Well, we'll just have to see how it goes i guess, though I hope yhey make some progress this time.

Dex-chan lover
Honestly the whole "I love you game" is just a mistake from both of them. If they grow apart, then let it be. Everyone changed, that's just life. Committing their relationship into a massive gaslighting game is a recipe for disaster. We readers never really realized that and instead got fooled by the lovely teasing games
Yeah, I agree...

Dex-chan lover
Yeah I agree, there is a manga called Introverts hook up hiccups: this gyaru is head over heels for me, with a similar plot concept as the I love you game except it's in the form of a dare but executed better, the girl confesses to the introvert loner boy on a dare, but the boy knows it's a dare. He decides to go out with her and eventually dump her when the dare ends in a month. She actually falls in love with him first and then he does as well. He decides even if it's a dare that what he has experienced with her is real love and he'll keep moving forward with the relationship as if she really loves him. At the day the dare ends the girl apologizes for playing with him and says she regrets it deeply because she really loves him. The dude basically says I know, I also did it to mess with you but they both apologize and move forward as a proper couple. This feels way better than the current I love you game because the guy's love interest isn't constantly making him question whether she actually loves him.

Dex-chan lover
I don't know why everyone wants him to finally confess. You gotta stop self-inserting / projecting at some point. His mind is a complete mess. He still have this MASSIVE inferiority complex and its highly self-destructive. Just in this very chapter he was outright hostile to the dude (who did nothing wrong btw) in his mind. This will only get worse overtime. They will fall apart eventually if he continues his refusal to grow up and build up some character. As things stands, their relationship CAN NOT progress in any healthy way. His growth should happen BEFORE they commit not after. Otherwise it is just plain toxic.

Users who are viewing this thread