Aitsu no Kanojo - Ch. 31 - A New Rival?

Dex-chan lover
Would genuinely like to see Riku, Shizuku & Umimi all die on the way back to their home planet so Yako can do something worthwhile

Dex-chan lover
Riku not reciprocating certain feelings because he wanted their friendship dynamic to stay the same doesn't mean he should be alone forever. Yes, he had feelings for Shizuku (he also has extreme self esteem issues). Yes, he was not fully aware of her feelings for him. Yes, he inadvertently got Umimi to like Takt. No, he never saw Umimi in that way. Does Umimi like Riku more than Takt? Yes. Will Riku see new girl as a love interest? Probably not but nobody knows at this point.

Does this entire situation/premise suck? Absolutely. Is all of this completely Riku's fault? No.

It's taken about 20 some chapters but Riku has decided to take a step forward and express his feelings regardless of Shizuku's and Takt's current relationship. We are also waiting for Shizuku to explain why she is being like this as well. If it was simply her liking Takt more than Riku, Riku (as well as us - the audience) would not being going through all of this drama right now lol.

Why are Shizuku and Takt in a relationship? Why is Shizuku going all in on Riku desepite her relationship with Takt?

Those are the million dollar questions that nobody has the answers to right now.
Hahaha so many questions. Frankly I would say Riku is too late. no matter what. He should have Pursued Shizuku before high school. Riku should have made his feelings clear long ago. This situation actually is Riku's fault. Riku didn't step up to the plate so takt did, and in a way he stole Shizuku from him. The only thing Riku can honestly do is move on, and observe date Umimi, or the new girl, hell Riku is still unaware of Umimi's feelings for him. Every points to Riku despite being close to Adulthood more like a child with its eyes' closed to everything, and everyone around him. Very immature.

Dex-chan lover
Hahaha so many questions. Frankly I would say Riku is too late. no matter what. He should have Pursued Shizuku before high school. Riku should have made his feelings clear long ago. This situation actually is Riku's fault. Riku didn't step up to the plate so takt did, and in a way he stole Shizuku from him. The only thing Riku can honestly do is move on, and observe date Umimi, or the new girl, hell Riku is still unaware of Umimi's feelings for him. Every points to Riku despite being close to Adulthood more like a child with its eyes' closed to everything, and everyone around him. Very immature.
Honestly, it's not a matter of being late or even who stepped up first as it was never a competition. Circumstances beyond our and Riku's knowledge occured and got them together. This is also something that we know that Shizuku does not want as she has been actively going for Riku and initiated this messed up relationship dynamic since then. If it was something that was more true/real Shizuku wouldn't even be looking at Riku like she has.

Umimi and new girl are clearly just obsticles for Riku as he has no interest in them as potential lovers regardless of their feelings for him.

Everything points to Riku (despite his faults of wanting to maintain his childhood friendships and his lack of self esteem) because the characters of interest - even Takt - want Riku. Why? Because the only person who has a problem with Riku is himself. Everybody else likes him for who he is.

It's alright to not like Riku as a character but designating him as the sole cause of this freaking cesspool is just wrong. Nearly every character involved has actively contriubted to this mess.

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, it's not a matter of being late or even who stepped up first as it was never a competition. Circumstances beyond our and Riku's knowledge occured and got them together. This is also something that we know that Shizuku does not want as she has been actively going for Riku and initiated this messed up relationship dynamic since then. If it was something that was more true/real Shizuku wouldn't even be looking at Riku like she has.

Umimi and new girl are clearly just obstacles for Riku as he has no interest in them as potential lovers regardless of their feelings for him.

Everything points to Riku (despite his faults of wanting to maintain his childhood friendships and his lack of self esteem) because the characters of interest - even Takt - want Riku. Why? Because the only person who has a problem with Riku is himself. Everybody else likes him for who he is.

It's alright to not like Riku as a character but designating him as the sole cause of this freaking cesspool is just wrong. Nearly every character involved has actively contributed to this mess.
Hahahahahaha a cesspool it's an apt description. Dumpster fire is also appropriate too. Yes there's a lot of problems with this story. Much of the crap happening is due to the characters making bad decisions. And yes Riku too. If you really liked Shizuku he should have done more to make it clear. Instead it became convoluted. Insincerity is not good. You see so many kind mc who're just being nice. Like oh it's a hassle to tell or show affection to the girl they like.
Just remember the look on Shizuku's face when takt was gloating over Shizuku being his girlfriend. You snooze you lose. Same term applies to love and war. Whatever the reason for Shizuku accepting takt is doesn't matter. If Riku had just showed Shizuku he actually liked her before then. Of course there wouldn't be a story lol.Rikus stupid dence behaviour is for convenience. Like many have said. Whatever Shizuku's problem is. That's basically keeping the story going.

Dex-chan lover
Hahahahahaha a cesspool it's an apt description. Dumpster fire is also appropriate too. Yes there's a lot of problems with this story. Much of the crap happening is due to the characters making bad decisions. And yes Riku too. If you really liked Shizuku he should have done more to make it clear. Instead it became convoluted. Insincerity is not good. You see so many kind mc who're just being nice. Like oh it's a hassle to tell or show affection to the girl they like.
Just remember the look on Shizuku's face when takt was gloating over Shizuku being his girlfriend. You snooze you lose. Same term applies to love and war. Whatever the reason for Shizuku accepting takt is doesn't matter. If Riku had just showed Shizuku he actually liked her before then. Of course there wouldn't be a story lol.Rikus stupid dence behaviour is for convenience. Like many have said. Whatever Shizuku's problem is. That's basically keeping the story going.
I agree. Riku should have been more forward with his feelings earlier. That being said, he had acknowledged his "loss" and held back his feelings after they got together until Shizuku started pulling him in. If it was a simple case of "you snooze, you lose", we wouldn't have the conflict between them and be where we are currently at in the story. All we can do is wait and be hopeful that every thing is revealed sooner than later and that it has a proper satisfying end.

Dex-chan lover
I am just waiting for the moment Takt makes his actual move on him :haa:

Aggregator gang
Bro I feel you man.
Umimi is a prime example of why I despise indecisive characters. She's not in a real relationship with him yet is getting upset when he's paying attention to someone else. Says she's interested in someone else yet gets annoyed when Yako clearly states she's interested in him.

like for fucks sake, make your damn mind up. You either like Riku or his friend. You can't have it both ways.

Rooting for Yako, All these other chicks are either hoes or indecisive children

Dex-chan lover
I agree. Riku should have been more forward with his feelings earlier. That being said, he had acknowledged his "loss" and held back his feelings after they got together until Shizuku started pulling him in. If it was a simple case of "you snooze, you lose", we wouldn't have the conflict between them and be where we are currently at in the story. All we can do is wait and be hopeful that every thing is revealed sooner than later and that it has a proper satisfying end.
Maibe I read it wrongly, mind you I didn't re-read it to check, but wasn't the whole start of this manga, basically MC waking up from his dreams about Shizuku in the middle of the class? Which kinda shown both of them that there is something there, him that he probably has some hidden fillings for her, her - that there is a chance for her, and thus the whole "reverse-NTR" started with her doing a lot of stuff to lure MC in, while he goes full gay for his bro Takt to save their friendship?

Its like she was in love with MC, MC didn't care for romance, she somehow got to be Takt girl, Takt behaves like repressed gayness edge-lord and/or NTR hentai protag with the faces/behaviours he shown around Shizuku. Then MC dream about Shizuku which flipped a switch in her, like waking up her love for him, like she doesn't need to give up and give herself to Takt.

Then we got new girl (Umimi), who liked MC, but his gayness talks about how Takt is awesome, basically brainwashed her enough that she tried dating Takt - which he accepted only when he heard MC mentioned. Both of them "trying to fall in love with someone else from the one they can't get" or what ever the spiel was when they talked in some of the flash-backs.

At least the newest girl seems to have a functioning brain. She got interested in MC, asked if he is free, and learning that indeed he is - decided to go full on after him. Question is if what you two discussed - will his denseness around girls rot her brain too and make her another victim of his.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Maibe I read it wrongly, mind you I didn't re-read it to check, but wasn't the whole start of this manga, basically MC waking up from his dreams about Shizuku in the middle of the class? Which kinda shown both of them that there is something there, him that he probably has some hidden fillings for her, her - that there is a chance for her, and thus the whole "reverse-NTR" started with her doing a lot of stuff to lure MC in, while he goes full gay for his bro Takt to save their friendship?

Its like she was in love with MC, MC didn't care for romance, she somehow got to be Takt girl, Takt behaves like repressed gayness edge-lord and/or NTR hentai protag with the faces/behaviours he shown around Shizuku. Then MC dream about Shizuku which flipped a switch in her, like waking up her love for him, like she doesn't need to give up and give herself to Takt.

Then we got new girl, who liked MC, but his gayness talks about how Takt is awesome, basically brainwashed her enough that she tried dating Takt - which he accepted only when he heard MC mentioned. Both of them "trying to fall in love with someone else from the one they can't get" or what ever the spiel was when they talked in some of the flash-backs.

At least the new girl seems to have a functioning brain. She got interested in MC, asked if he is free, and learning that indeed he is - decided to go full on after him. Question is if what you two discussed - will his denseness around girls rot her brain too and make her another victim of his.
Yeah, he did have that prophetic dream of Shizuku coming onto him but he never enacted on it. In fact, he tried to keep his distance from her.

Double-page supporter
Honestly let him go out with this new Kouhai and see the reactions of all the other girls so smth in this story actually happens/move forward

Dex-chan lover
Yes, please take this poor man away from these cougars. He deserves better than two faced hoes.

Dex-chan lover
I was rooting for umimi, but a new girl with zero drama who also can say straight to him that she likes him?
Go, go, Yako's team!
I mean Umimi is only using him ô_ô.. And her being Takts Ex already disqualified her, MC deserves better than her 🙄

I bet 2 Cookies Yako is going to be related to Takt in some weird form, honestly don't trust anyone in this manga anymore <_<

Contributor
Insert new character as plot device to push the stagnant status quo
Ah yes, I remember when Umimi was introduced to take this role and mix things up. Now that the situation has stagnated, it's rinse and repeat with a new rival. Not that I'm complaining, this keeps the trainwreck chugging.

I guess Yako is Umimi's wake up call, more than anything. I mean, why even enter a pretend relationship with Riku and yet keep it secret? Please. Not only is she being spineless here, she also shot herself in the foot with her usual "I like Sorano-senpai." spiel. Wait until Yako learns Takt Sorano is Shizuku Minase's boyfriend.

On the other hand, Yako finally might be Riku's ticket out of this web of lies and deceit spun by his "friends." But history has proven that he himself is not interested in escaping his sticky situation. So I doubt he's going anywhere with Yako.

But I think I should keep an eye out for Takt and what he'll do once he learns Yako is interested in Riku.

Let me guess the new girl is probably also a used good/second hand whore /ex of Takt the chad 🤣

Users who are viewing this thread