Akatsuki no Yona - Ch. 204 - One-Sided Love

Dex-chan lover
I got the feeling Mei Nyan will end up becoming BFF with Yona lol

Soo Woon's just kill everyone who disagrees policy needs to be stopped :x

Supporter
Why are some of you saying that this is Yona's fault the guards are dead ? They let their guard down, that's their own fault... I could also say it's the administration's fault for not warning the guards enough of the danger she represents, especially since they have witnessed how dexterous she can be...

Power Uploader
Re. the chapter's title, i would consider this more of a fascination. She is fascinated with the idea that someone who shares the same fate and blood has made it to be king of the very same country as the legend. And when it turns out everything is just her delusion and wishful thinking - yeah, totally one-sided.

Subtle things in this chapter made it really good:
Soo-won loosing his cool and shouting at yona
Yona disobeying soo-won and kei-sook (i 100% botched his name)
Zeno being best philospher(he is really wise i love that)
Shin-ah running around comfortably without a mask
Confirming how over powered hyoo-ri is (he was freaking able to 'hurt 'Jae-ha, what a monster)

Power Uploader
@PurpleLibraryGuy and others who raised the same point:

I think they can be excused for not killing her. They don't know she's a former general. In their mind, she's just a poison-tongued Chief Mistress fooling around in a delegation, and not much of a physical threat. All they know is that she's good at running and leaping. In principle, having her imprisoned until the war is over isn't a bad strategy. She might even be an asset given that she's said she has information.

As for the soldiers… sincerely, the right and duty of a political prisoner is to try to escape. The duty of a soldier and guard is to be ready to die to stop them. I see no ethical issues here, much less on Yona. Not sure they're dead or just very injured, though. Her sword isn't drenched in blood and neither is she spattered on it. She might have spared them.

Power Uploader
@AverageCommenter25 I took a look at the chapter prompted by your comment, saw the credits page and was like, wtf!? as well. At least according to Google, it's true:

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=Sit-ups+record+for+men

Dex-chan lover
@Kendama @miraja I have no real argument with those points. I do agree that there are some definite political reasons not to do her in, which may outweigh the reasons to do her in. Although when it comes to the starting-your-reign-with-an-act-of-clemency thing, I think it's worth noting that Yona isn't the queen yet (and in theory may never be, although I don't see who else around would make a workable successor when Soo-Won snuffs it). Nonetheless, whacking her could indeed potentially pull Kouka's relationship with the empire deeper into conflict.

And yeah, they don't know she's a serious hand-to-hand fighter. But still, I think both Soo-Won and Yona are underestimating her even in terms of what they know. In a milieu where there are plenty of serious badasses, who can be expected to be very difficult to stop from pursuing their agendas, her personality makes it clear that she is one of them. That woman is obviously not the kind of person you can expect to stick in jail with average jailers and have her be safely neutralized--whether she'll bust out, start pulling strings from where she is, smuggle messages out or whatever, you know she'll manage to do something if you've been paying attention to her at all.

There's also the "Gollum" argument for letting her live.

that kick was mad satisfying and HAK IS BACK YAY
thanks for the update!!

I'd ask if that was the count at one sitting, or for the week so far. But, it's Hak. So I already know the answer to that.

Thanks so much for the chapter!

Power Uploader
@tchen4 Hoh is the squirrel, she said that because she lost it when she was trying to escape from Hyoo-ri.

Hak working out in his cell, shirtless even - not what I expected to see this chapter but I'm most certainly not complaining.
I'm excited to see their interaction next chapter but I'm afraid some horrible misunderstandings and dangerous shit will be a result of it

Users who are viewing this thread