Akatsuki no Yona - Vol. 33 Ch. 189 - The Crimson Dragon King

Dex-chan lover
@Rozzak The military might respect Hak, but that doesn't mean they would rally behind him against the government. Respect is hard to earn but easy to lose, after all. You also overestimate Yona. While she has helped lots of people here and there, it's still a drop in a bucket in the bigger picture. She's more like an idol than a force to be reckoned with. Soo-Won's rule is good and just, a clear contrast with King Il's despicable, corrupt rule, so it would be difficult to rally people against it. People generally don't want to ruin things that are working well as it is, unless they see a concrete benefit for themselves. It would be difficult for Yona to offer them anything like that. Yona's own actions have only made Soo-Won's rule all the better since her deeds happened while he was sitting on the throne.

I don't understand something the father of yona and the father of suwon are brothers ans they are the descendants of the royality so they are the descendants of the red dragon. So why was it the mother of suwon and not his father that had headaches? Was she from the royal family too like a cousin?

So Yona is the reincarnation of the red dragon emperor and Soo-Woo is his descendant. That kind of makes Yona still a chosen one and Soo-won...someone with headaches...?

@ sakusisi Yona once said that she is not a descendant of the red dragon emperor, just of the sky tribe. Remember the tribes quarreled a lot which tribe would lead the other ones. So it actually makes sense that Soo-woon's mother is the one with the inherited red dragon blood.

But that whole reveal makes me think about the red dragons power. Maybe it has something to do with the mind / brain? I mean he's got massive headaches (which sound like migraine to me, but well, having that it doesn't sound like a secret power).

Thanks for Translation, ugh these chapter keep getting harder and harder to guess what's coming next thats why i love this manga so much, but I need my Hak yona asap, lol I just hope they even get to be together in the end I'm getting a bad feeling that maybe there is going to be a major catch and they will obviously be in love but they can't be together. I dunno starting to worry too that yona is going to get sick cause hiryu got the illness don't see why yona wouldnt or couldn't possibly get it.

Thanks for explanation, it summarize the whole thing...
@beerijoghurt
"So Yona is the reincarnation of the red dragon emperor and Soo-Woo is his descendant. That kind of makes Yona still a chosen one and Soo-won...someone with headaches...?"
And @MinLu +1
Btw thanks for the update~^^

@CivilSky
honestly, the series has been suggesting there was something going on behind soowoon's actions for a very long time now. you can get mad all you want at yona's sudden decisive-submissiveness or whatever the fuck that is, but soowoon getting explained has been in the stars for so so damn long that it honestly baffles me people are acting like its an unreasonable swerve in the story that he isnt some one-dimensional asshole.

and can we hold off on the assumption that we're supposed to 'forgive' him until the series makes the suggestion that we should? cuz having motivations, a backstory, and a character searching for answers is not there to "make him forgiveable"

No, but it does make us seem like he has issues of his own. I still don't get why he does things, but of his means to the end has a justification, then that just means he'll do what it takes to right wrongs, his own way. A wrong doesn't just wash away with a right, no matter how you slice it, but he may just be willing to sacrifice himself for the greater good, or something like that. Appearing human by others constantly reminding him of his mortality scares him, because it's hinted and implied that he doesn't want to die, which is why he's more curious about Zeno.

When I first started reading this manga, I never thought that the story will be so complicated like this 😭

@Mira995
That's true, but obviously Yona is the one beloved by the four dragons.
As another comment pointed out (@Ashleyneal) king Hiryu also got sick when he was human. Maybe his descendants inherit his sickness? (Even though that would be some shitty gift)
I'm hoping that there is some more to it, but well let's wait and see.

Group Leader
Am I the only one worried that Soo-won's sword master/bodyguard stands a good chance against Hak...

maybe
yona isn’t really the king’s daughter and that she and soowon are siblings. maybe the king killed their mother and had taken yona because he knows could harness the power of the dragons. maybe soowon only got the headaches part and yona the good things.
idk idk

Group Leader
A v2 has been posted with a couple corrections, including the date of the next chapter.

Power Uploader
Basically, everyone and their mother, at least among the main characters, knows. While Yona keeps avoiding Hak to "protect" him (and no, I don't think for one second Hyoo-ri is anything other than a major distraction being played up as a credible opponent to Hak in order to fool us), I bet even Lili, Captain Gi-gan, Tae-jun and Geun-tae's wife will learn of it.

Still, he's dying, and that couldn't come soon enough.

Dex-chan lover
@Kaarme
Yeah that’d be true if people behaved logically and not with their hearts, as the case is especially in this setting. Yona has the power of destiny/history/legend on her side, especially given the supernatural evidence. She could shoot someone on 5th Avenue of the capital and people would rationalize it.
Soo won and co. did a pretty shitty revolution tbh because they left the national pride intact.

All I’m sayin if the author told me Yona overthrew the government in 2 pages I wouldn’t need to suspend my disbelief. Literally just needs to stand in front of a crowd and say “I am pleased to announce that royal authority has been transferred to the red dragon king’s successor! Glory to our kingdom! Thank you for your hard work Soo won”. The crowd would cheer and Soo won and co wouldn’t be able to do shit unless they wanted to ignite civil war. Yona could even keep the same cabinet, to make things more palatable for those already in power.

Dex-chan lover
@Rozzak It's not an anarchy. Especially now, after King Il is gone, it's a country with a proper system of government, with the tribes also supporting the king (though there might have been a conspiracy or two). So, I would need to ask: What crowd? Under King Il's regime it would have been extremely easy to gather a huge host of very discontent people to march to the capital, but not anymore.

I always wondered why King Il was so adamantly against Soowon and Yona... I wonder if
there's more crossed branches in the family tree than anyone wants to admit

Users who are viewing this thread