Akatsuki no Yona - Vol. 33 Ch. 191 - Yon-hi's Reminiscences

Love the cover art! I know most of these guys super happy to see Ren on their but who is the guy on the left of hak

Sword = Hak. Shield = Soo won. Both are Yuhon's kids? How...will it work?

I mean...Hak was adopted randomly but is like superhumanly talented??? There has to be a backstory.

If there is a backstory, can it be that our Hak belongs to the same clan as original King Hiryuu's wife or something? That would be so cute....

Fed-Kun's army
Whoa 😯 😮....so he actually cared for Il and wanted him to be treated well. Am I right? Huh... so there’s no jealousy on Yuhon’s part when Yonhi defended Il. Interesting... thank you for this update!

Fed-Kun's army
@Rasetsu
a glass of wine would ease the way, especially if it's roofied *laugh*

Can't wait for another 1 or two chapters ^^

I really doubt soowon is king il's son... Doesn't seem right to me, at least not soowon and yonhi

Since the very beginning it was obvious the author hasn't been aiming for a simple story with easily defined heroes and villains. I honestly don't understand why some people are upset that the story makes Yuhon relatable.

I would also be extremely upset if it were revealed that Hak is Yuhon's son. Firstly, it's poor storytelling, when everyone is blood-related to everyone. Secondly, relationships between cousins are only slightly less gross than between siblings. In my opinion, being cousins could be enough of a reason for King Il to try stopping Yona for developing feelings for Soowon, but perhaps he was aware of the Crimson Illness, as well.

It may be that Soowon's mother sickness is crucial for the whole story. Like, she becomes good friends with Il and tells him about the sickness, which makes Yuhon jealous and ruins the relationship between brothers. Or that when Yuhon learns about her sickness he becomes ruthless, looking for possible cure. Or the illness makes Yonhi sick physically and Yuhon mentally (and the same would happen to Yona if she had a relationship with Soowon). Perhaps Il later kills Yuhon because Yonhi begs him to do it. Something along these lines... The author has a magnificent talent of writing a story which is at the same time logic, moving and surprising, so I suppose my guesses will be wrong, though ;)

Dex-chan lover
@kiero13 I definitely remember a scene of a brief flashback where Yuhon said he was fine with not inheriting the crown and wanting to support his little brother on the throne, but I don’t remember what chapter it was.

Group Leader
@celeb17 Well, the name in katakana is ジーク. The official Hepburn Romanisation of that is "Jiiku". (In fact, the long "i" would be rendered with a macron in official Hepburn.)

But Hepburn doesn't work that well for names. This story seems to use a Korean (Silla/Baekje/Goguryeo, you get the gist) background. So I was a little at a loss over what to do about the first syllable. "Jii" and "Jee" both seemed appropriate, but "ee" does exist already in English, and is common, too ("ii" also exists, but out of the top of my head, I can only think of "miiasis"), so I chose the "Jee".

As for the second syllable, I hastily read ジーグ instead of ジーク. Corrected as of this chapter, I'm uploading a rectified version, and might go back to the previous one to correct it as well. Thanks for the heads-up.

Fed-Kun's army
we needed more than hundres of chapter to get Yona and Hak romance.
I know this is just a flashback... but the romance is so forced between those two

Soowon parents remind me of yoona and hak. And his father look like Hak rather than him. I dont know where the story go anymore..

I have been following this Manga since 2014 and i'm losing my patience, it is taking too llong i grew tired of waiting hak and yona's relationship to be legitimate

I don’t know about y’all but i liked this chapter a lot and i like these two, for obvious reasons yuhon and yonhi look exactly like hak and yona, i look forward to what will be revealed in the future (just hoping it does’t turn out to be a cliche)

Well don't judge book by cover. See suwon has his reason, i like yona, suwon and haku

Thank you for translating this

Zmk

I dont know why people want Soowon to die so badly. Throughout the manga there has been instances where we see him being a proper king for the people, not being a tyrant or anything and possible reasons for his actions (I'm not defending him trying to kill Yona and Hak ). I dont trust his side lackeys tho.

And Soowons parents meeting is very sweet and cute. Probably tragic too afterwards 😢

Users who are viewing this thread