Akatsuki no Yona - Vol. 33 Ch. 191 - Yon-hi's Reminiscences

Aggregator gang
@Nizaniza i feel you, but skip beat made me immune to this 😂
after 18 years of waiting, they are now aware of their feelings lmao

@RozuArison08 Bwahahahahahah SAME HERE!!!
But in both cases and ESPECIALLY in case of Akatsuki No Yona- I don't mind the lack of kisses/romance. I mean the story so far has been great even if the author has been miserly with kiss scenes. And yet I wouldn't have it any other way- what makes this manga worth the monthly wait IMHO is the amazing story arcs and wonderfully drawn characters.
My only wish is that Studio Pierrot makes season 2, 3, etc i.e we keep getting more episodes as the manga storyline moves forward.

This is just a theory but...

What if the reason why Il became the king instead of Yuhon was actually because Soowon would be unfit to inherit the throne next?

If Yuhon became the king, and took Yonhi as his wife (which he did), then their offspring and any future heirs would be doomed to a short lifespan.

Maybe, Yuhon intentionally choose to give up the throne to marry Yonhi...?

This might also explain why King Il was so against Yona marrying Soowon, assuming Il knew that Soowon had inherited his mother’s condition.

Contributor
@basbas @MinLu thank you for your sensible theories! I feel like I've drunken crazy juice, seeing everyone in the comments think that Hak is Soowon's brother (I don't see the resemblance between Hak and Yuhon at all, other than 1. stoic and 2. dark hair) or half-brother (which, wtf, Yonhi had no romantic interest in Il at all) and that Soowon is irredeemable no matter what (when we were very clearly missing his half of the story).

So my theory so far is that
Yuhon found out about Yonhi's 'curse', and went crazy trying to look for a cure. Not sure why he decapitated all those Xing POWs, but perhaps they did something to Yonhi. He would have gotten so desperate and angry at the gods (think Zeno when his wife was dying) that he chased out all the priests (like Iksoo) and tried to destroy the temple. Il, who's shown here to be very religious, might have been really mad about that and stabbed him to prevent him from harming Yona, whom Il believed to be the reincarnation of the king that was the reason for Yuhon's wife's and son's 'cursed' blood. OR maybe Yuhon knew about Yona already and somehow Yona's mom died protecting her from him, so Il stabbed Yuhon in retaliation.
idk! but it's all coming together and I'm excited to see how it unfolds.

tbh i think i would drop this manga if hak turns out to be related to yuhon. they only look alike to draw parallels to hak and yona, nothing more.

Aggregator gang
I'm sorry, people. But I have NOTHING against cousins getting married. 🤣😂
The only problem I have with the theory of Hak being Yu-Hon's bastard is that it would be too easy for the story.
And I'm with the person who wishes that Hak is a descendant of Hiryuu's wife. Idk, it would be so romantic...
So I guess I would kinda accept the Yu-Hon part if the mother would be an descendant of the First Queen. But wow, everyone's related then. LOL

That make me tear a little ... Can I assume the master hak talk about and the gurd of soo- won is someone of hiryuu trip.

Fed-Kun's army
A perfect spot to pause. I remember 5 years ago. I was reading this in hopes of genuine romance. But it was too early. That prophecy has now been fulfilled. But also, now I’ll wait another 5 years to finish off the story lol.

See? Something smells fishy about that "king Il killed his brother": I know history shows us that siblings killed each other for power, but that usually was when there wasn't any kind of affection between them and clearly Yu-hon (?) and Il loved each other... It doesn't make any sense...

Users who are viewing this thread