Akatsuki no Yona - Vol. 33 Ch. 192 - A Castle Where the Voice of the Gods Reverberates

Jesus, if Yona happens to be Soo Woon little sister, which King Ii took as her daughter, after killing his brother and Yon-Ii diying(probably in child birth?), this is going to be pretty fucked up.

This sucks.
Yona is indecisive. This is nothing like her character after she went on a journey. Author is literally throwing all the character development Yona had until now. I dont want her to forgive a person that killed her father in front of her.
I hope author understands how dumb this is.
Jesus christ, it was Hajime no Ippo and now this. Are older authors losing their ability to write proper stories or something?

Power Uploader
@Kardelune I also agree religion shouldn't interfere in matters of state… in our world, where there's no evidence gods exist and if they do, there's no sign they intervene in our affairs.

But in this series, the world is different. Gods very much exist, very much interfere and intervene (even founding countries at times) and very much communicate with those who can hear their voice. It only make sense that messengers of the gods and their oracles should be taken into account in state decisions because, well, they're the gods' messengers and the oracles can affect outcomes a lot. Yu-hon's denial of that is irrational in light of the overwhelming evidence.

@Ingra, Yon-hi was alive long after Soo-won was born. Yona has memories of his trying to help his mother during a fit of headache. That was shown just a few chapters ago.

@Saon Kashi IS Yona's mother. We know that from Lady Iguni's reminiscences when she met Yona for the first time. That's when her name's first mentioned. I'm looking forward to seeing a young Iguni in this flashback. I like the lady 'cause she was the first one not to fall for Soo-won's bullshit in the whole story.

Dex-chan lover
71d.png

Double-page supporter
I don't see this as "throwing away" her character development, but presenting her with a new challenge for her character. How she proceeds when presented with context, history, and the truth. Will she be like most of these comments and simply follow her base "need " for revenge or understand what precipitated the revenge and make a more nuanced decision?

Regardless of whether "justified" or not Soo Won killed Yona's father and potentially her. At the time she should be upset at Soo Won. However, it would be absurd to consider Yona flaky or indecisive when confronted with new information.
What I'm worried about is either King Il was manipulated into killing his brother. Or was a watching from the sidelines and allow him to be killed. Either act make sense for Soo Won's revenge.

What I'm failing to understand is how can people, who want Youa to take revenge for her murdered father, can't sympathize that Soo Won would want the same. Given how manipulative the church has been it's no surprise he'd want Youa dead too(which is taking it too far in my eyes). I don't personally believe in "an eye for an eye" but, I do sympathize for those who do.

I'm more upset that they've turned the church into a scapegoat/boogyman to blame for the discord between the brothers and by extension the cause for all the bad choices. It was much more compelling when the story was about the tension/mystery regarding these brothers. Now the solution to the mystery is religious zealots were the bad guy all along.

Aggregator gang
Readers on this site are so fucking retarded. Like complete brain dead. It's like they are incapable of further thought then "hur dur Yona should just get revenge" when the series has literally NEVER been about Yona getting revenge.

Like she doesn't have to forgive him, but to go out of her way to murder him for "revenge" is dumb. Especially when it would further fuck up the country, which is something Yona doesn't want, makes me wonder if we're even reading the same manga.

Literally nothing has changed in the way the series is presented. It's always been about Yona being presented with an obstacle and her learning to overcome it. From her being weak to her lack of knowledge regarding the state of affairs. This is no different.

Zmk

@Bengon I thought i missed several chapters the way some readers are speaking. There's clearly more to this manga than Yona taking revenge and taking over the throne.

I thought the author made it quite clear when Yona found out the state of the country under King Ils reign. And how Soo wons and Yonas objectives aligned with each other even though they worked seperately.
And honestly Soo won is doing a much better job than King Il in reinstating Koukas power which was hanging by a thread.
(In no way i'm defending him trying to kill yona. There has to be some reasoning for his thinking.)

See now why couldn't ANYONE in the know actually explain this sort of bad history to Yona, Hak, and the dragons way before she started reading Yon-hi's diary?! Keeping this type of HUGE SHIT a secret is always bound to create so many fucking misunderstandings! Yona as the incarnation of the Crimson Dragon King has a right to know what the CDK religion of her predecessor caused in terms of chaos in the royal castle! Actually so does Yun considering Ik-soo is his friend and teacher, and that poor child probably witnessed the core part of the explosion of this shit storm that's coming!

Dex-chan lover
Il seemed like a chill guy even then, but it seems that he got heavily influenced by the priests and that's in a negative way. It's always those churches and faiths, Zeno should come back and show them how a priest should act.

Damn. Every New chapter more questions about what happened!

Thank you for the chapter

Users who are viewing this thread