Akatsuki no Yona - Vol. 33 Ch. 192 - A Castle Where the Voice of the Gods Reverberates

I had an immediate feeling that was yona’s mother when she appeared lol.. looking forward to the next chapter

Looks like this is going to become a huge problem for yu-hon. Just imagine if he had left her alone, but then we wouldn't have this awesome story.

Still don't sympathize with Su Won, I know there's grudges but killing someone cause they killed someone close to you doesn't bring peace it brings more killing and revenge thoughts. I think this could've been resolved differently without needing to kill yonas father.

Aggregator gang
Yes, more drama, more mystery, but also little Ik-Soo! Never change buddy.

@Pibata - basically what's going on is that Kashi is already aware of Yon-Hi's dragon blood, so when she says that she didn't think Yu-Hon would've taken an interest in Yon-Hi it's because he hates the church so Kashi assumed that he wouldn't want to marry someone that the church would revere. Meanwhile, Yon-Hi, not knowning that Kashi already feels her dragon blood, thought that Kashi's comment about being surprised that Yon-Hi would marry her was because he's a prince and she's a commoner.

man this feels so bad. you already know how the story goes, but seeing it in action is just... rough. I feel so bad for Yu-hon and Il, it's impossible for them to reconcile after this.

Double-page supporter
I read in many different sites, but this one is by far the one with most Soo-Won haters. 😅😂
People, this is not "Soo-Won's redeeming arc", he's been continuously redeemed throughout the WHOLE manga. Like, wasn't it quite obvious already?
He is overall the main antagonist, but was never apresented as a villain outside the first chapter. Literally the only one who thinks about him with hatred is Hak (who has a huuuuuuge fanbase so I think this helps a lot).
Anyway, I'm loving this Arc because we're FINALLY getting answers for the holes in the story! \●/ 🤗

Can please someone remind me why Soo Won killed Yona’s father? Isn’t it strange? Yona is crimson king’s reincarnation and Soo Won is crimson king’s descendant. And that tension between them

Power Uploader
@justforamin The reason he gave her was that her father ordered his father murdered. Soo-won's aides add that they supported him because Il was a lousy king whose passivity was endangering the continued existence of Kouka. So a combination of revenge and pragmatism.

Which reminds me that one of the reasons why everyone is so ready to jump on the "King Il is a brainwashed cultist" bandwagon is that a sizeable part of the readership wants Il and the church to take the blame for everything, so Yu-hon, and by extension Soo-won, can be redeemed for taking righteous revenge. (Never mind Yu-hon's war crimes.)

I think those readers' gamble will come up snake eyes. I'm pretty confident Il's decision to kill Yu-hon will turn out to be justified. Politically, he might have been forced to throw Yu-hon under the bus to secure peace with Xing due to his brother's war crimes. Personally, I think it's got to do with Kashi. She's said to have been murdered by "a rebel". Well, if someone had reason to rebel against Il, it has to have been the people who thought Yu-hon should have been king instead of him. My guess is that Il found that out and worse, that Yu-hon had been in the knowing of, or even masterminded Kashi's murder, and that prompted him to act. I don't think any of this had anything to do with the church, because it had already been disbanded by Yu-hon even during King Joo-nam's reign.

My personal guess is that Kashi was murdered by Hyoo-ri.

Also, for all the people who are calling Il a freak due to what he told Yu-hon in this chapter, while I also think it was excessive, you have to look at the situation from Il's point of view. Here's your brother who's been haranguing, scolding, mocking and looking down on you because you happen to be an adherent of the country's religion (like your father and pretty much everyone else), and then it turns out he had concealed from you that his bride is a descendant of the same Dragon King he doesn't want you praying to. Add to that the fact that you have clear-cut evidence that the priests are mediums, that they can listen to the voice of the gods, who by the way do exist (and you might hear them yourself?), and there would be good cause for you to lash out at your hypocritical older brother. While it's true that Yu-hon's reasons to take Yon-hi as his bride, or conceal her lineage, had nothing to do with Il's interpretation of these actions, Il's reasoning is not far-fetched.

It's pretty obvious to me that at a certain point, Il knew everything that was going to happen, Soo-won's usurpation included. Whether he got this from the gods himself (he was in charge of the Crimson Dragon King Sanctuary, after all), or from Kashi, the fact is that he probably considered himself a vehicle for the inevitability of what was coming: an instrument of fate, as it were. He probably knew what was going to happen to Soo-won, too: don't forget, Il told him Soo-won would meet his end at Yona's hands. Knowing that gives me pleasure by knowing all of Soo-won's efforts will end up in vain, the vicious warmonger.

What's unclear to me is how much Soo-won knows. If he only knows about Yu-hon's murder on Il's orders, then I can at least understand why he took revenge. But if I'm right about Kashi, and he knows that, then he's a much worse piece of trash than I hold him for right now.

Contributor
there are no truly evil characters in this story, and there never have been (except for that crazy priest guy in Xing). I'm sure the truth behind the past is a more nuanced conclusion than what everyone is speculating, in which no party is absolutely free of guilt, but no party is completely unsympathetic either.

I certainly do feel like Yuhon probably went off the deep end trying to protect his wife, but I also don't get why Il is put on so much of a pedestal here. Yona begins to realize, as the story goes on, the disconnect between the kind father that she knew and the lack of that kindness by way of neglect to the citizens of Kouka, who were clearly suffering. Meanwhile, the people in the palace lived well, to the point where Yona was extremely naive and sheltered. It's strange reading comments complaining that Yona threw away all of her development into a strong, independent character while also proclaiming that Il's murder is unforgivable no matter what, because the Yona that she is now is everything that Il did not want her to become and we don't even know why. What Soowon did was a horrible act, but there's clearly more to the story on what his reasons were and whether it can redeem him, and I think it's unfair to make any unwavering conclusions right now.

@Kendama thank you very much for your explanation. Well, I can see why people might hate or dislike Soo Won, and I also thought so. But seeing him suffering from the crimson king disease, makes me pity him.

I think Soowon wanted to kill Yona because he wants Hak to replace him as the next king and he doesn't want Yona to soften Hak and as Hiryuu desendant he hate the fact Yona is Hiryuu's incarnation. But Hak runaway with Yona and Kye-Sook use him as the black sheep.

Crying bc it feels like it’s been forever to me but it’s only been 4 days since the chapter came out, don’t know how I’ll survive until the next new chapter 😭😭 I need it NOW 😂

this is kinda confusing me on how to view il. i mean, everyone's actions make sense given their different situations, i totally understand where he might come up with that accusation but like. i still don't like that ugh... i feel a little sad for yuhon, he and il might always have been fighting but that truly crossed a line. though, il finding out that yuhon knows about yonhi's lineage probably feels just as sad.

on an unrelated note, the priests in this story except iksoo all always have this look in their eyes i don't like. but yeah.. this story is really a case of different people with different circumstances and values being pushed to act.

these past few chapters have been stirring up my emotions a lot i had to postpone checking out this update immediately. T____T

Dex-chan lover
@ramenraider It's understandable that that's what Il thinks, but the way he packed it was outright retarded, if he had a brain or wanted to keep his relationship with his brother.
Had he said, "Did you know about it when you asked for her hand?" he would have gotten the information he wanted to know without antagonizing his brother. Then they could have talked it out or something, but being all worked up doesn't help you at all in that situation. Even the High Priest was more rational (probably because he could have angered Yu-Hon and thus gotten into some trouble.) Though I guess if they had all reacted like Kashi (who looked like she was calm, but surprised), things wouldn't have gotten out of hand, thus it would have been less interesting (well, less dramatic.)

Dex-chan lover
@Kendama I think the problem with the readers that says the religion is automatically bad is the fact that they are comparing their religion to ours.

The thing is their religion has legitimate power I mean any religion would have legitimate power if their actual god appear every few century to fix the shit in their world.

Their religion is comparable to say in Avatar ,you don’t see these character like Iroh as brainwashed because his beliefs about the spirit and the avatar are legit.though the avatar is definitely more active than the crimson king because the avatar cycle is known while in Yona only the 4 dragon’s cycle is known and the crimson king just appear when his really needed.

Users who are viewing this thread