Akatsuki no Yona - Vol. 34 Ch. 196 - The Pain That Was Inflicted, on Those Who Inflicted It

@ashfilledwords @Dioss

Wrong. Hana to Yume is a bi-weekly magazine, and unlike other works in that magazine (Skip Beat), Yona comes out bi-weekly too. HtY took a magazine break recently, that is all.

Lux

Power Uploader
I know every sign is pointing at it, starting with Yu-Hon's lie about not knowing Kashi was one of the priestess, but i wish the author would just give us a confirmation whether he really murdered her or not. I fail to see the narrative purpose in leaving it ambiguous, it just seems a cheap attempt to leave things morally grey.

"The dream of Kouka kingdom in control of the entire continent". Nice, very nice! Since that arc about the drug trafficking in the water tribe i was always inclined to tolerate Suu-Won actions as long as he protected Kouka and didn't act like a tyrant. I wanted to overlook his military actions as long as the enemy really represented an impending threat. Yona's choice of not pursuing revenge made sense as long as Suu-Won was for all purposes a good leader. But if what was said now it's true, if his goal is to expand his kingdom by war and conquering, regardless of the threat the foreign nations pose, that would make him the antagonist for sure, in my eyes at the very least.

My personal guess and it's one we probably won't get confirmation on for a bit, is that Lord Yuhon didn't intend to kill Lady Kashi. He intended to assassinate Yona. Kashi was collateral damage and wasn't important in the grand scheme of things. I just don't see how the culprit could turn out to be someone else. And given his hatred of the gods and his bloodlust, it's a given he's the one who took action.

@Lux

If Su-won was interested in conquering the whole continent, he would have demanded more lands from the enemies he already crushed. Xing is a vassal state, but outside of military matters still independent, Li Hazara also didn't lose too much after he allied with Kang, and so on.

Just because Su-won's advisers want more, doesn't mean Su-won wants that too. He has largely only reclaimed the lands that were lost during Il's rule while making sure that Kouka's neighbors do not think to challenge them.

Wow I wonder if kashi was killed by yuhon or if the two were related thanks for the translation this chapter was heavy I kinda don't know what to think I wonder where it will go from here, back to the present or A few more flashbacks

Lux

Power Uploader
@CRay Xing being a vassal state means it is under Kouka's control, only the form change but the result is the same.

Just because Su-won's advisers want more, doesn't mean Su-won wants that too.

Yeah, let's hope Suu-Won won't be going down that route. But the author having Yu-Hon's dream mentioned in the flashback certainly hints at where his son's future actions are leading.

I’m i the only one interested in knowing who is Rosemary ? ?🤔

i hope that kei-shuk's recollection of events is real and isn't a plot twist the author will spring on us later. and i like how all the fans that said yu-hon was evil and psychotic are now saying the same of soo-won lol especially when king il is like right there. no matter what, i think king il definitely deserved to lose his crown if not his life, especially with how shitty of a ruler he was.

God i'm so conflicted!
Now we know that Soo-Won knew about Kashi. But,i can't hate him . Because he was just a child. And it just makes me so sad.

Power Uploader
@ArpanaR Probably Rosemary Woodhouse, the protagonist of Ira Levin's Rosemary's Baby, adapted into an early masterpiece of horror (it was more psychological than for the jump scares back then) by Roman Polanski.

@Lux Whew, I was reading the comments from the beginning and wondering why nobody was commenting on what's probably the most important revelation of this chapter.

I've said time and again: I don't care a hoot for Soo-won's little dog and pony revenge show. My reason for wanting him six feet under is for being a dyed-in-the-wool militarist. I've had to debate people who say that it ain't so and that every military engagement so far was justified. They even rationalised his invasion of the Kin Province as just retribution for Kai Empire's machinations. That's as if the US waged war on Mexico because of drug cartels and is equally ridiculous… wait.

Now there you have it. Soo-won has a goddamn father complex. He wants expansionist war. The only reason he settled matters with Sei and Xing peacefully is because Kouka was still gathering its strength and couldn't wage a war in two fronts with them and the Kai Empire. It's not lofty unification dreams (which would be horrible anyway), it's because that's what his father wanted.

And we don't even know how big the continent is. I trust nobody forgot that there are nomadic tribes beyond the Kai Empire, and who knows what else.

Please spare me the argument that Soo-won not necessarily has a father complex or is trying to follow on his footsteps. He said Kin belonged to Kouka because it had been his father's province (international peace treaties be damned). He refused to admit his father had been cruel and in the wrong for the Xing Campaign war crimes. He said to his mother he's going to be his father's replacement.

And do you really think Joo-doh and Kei-shuk are discussing the invasion of Kai, and bringing ever more troops into the Sky Army, without Soo-won's knowledge or permission? When Soo-won is cleverer than any of them and fully in control of the government, with a direct emotional connection to the soldiers? And he's just passing off to Yona the notion that "war is inevitable". Your death is what's inevitable, man!

The worst peace is better than the best war. Bring back King Il, please. Please.

Well, I don't have to worry. Yona now knows it all. She has more than reason to stop the war on Kai now. All she has to do is send Soo-won to meet his maker. It couldn't happen too soon.

No wonder the woman was tormented!!! Her husband a murderer, her son basically becoming a psychopath!

@Kendama Thanks! I had no idea!
Btw, I thought this was already clear from volume 1 that su-won does have a father-complex!
I remember him admiring his scary father, for no apparent reason at all! He was a total fan of him, beyond reason! - that’s what I remember...and I would know! I’ve read volume 1 over and over again (still not bored of it). Whenever I buy i new volume, I read it again from the start, and find things that I neglected before.
I totally get what you’re trying to say... and it’s not wrong, but I have a hard time believing Yona will do anything along those lines. His death might be inevitable (I wouldn’t be so sure, though), but Yona might not actually be a part of that, if he dies, it’s either because of that “crimson illness” or Hak
Now that I look back onto it, Su-won, just a few chapters ago, when he confirmed Yona’s identity as a red dragon, tensed up for no reason (😱 Scary), now I’m beginning to understand how so BAD that was! I hope he doesn’t do something foolish, compelling Hak to do the deed instantaneously.

Power Uploader
@shplunk Prompted by yours and another comment, I checked recent releases (I read the raws and only come here for comment) and it turns out LM&GS's version has no margin notes, and it comes normally just four days after ETS's. Maybe that one will work for you. It's not very nice to complain to hobbyists how they go about their hobby.

I dont care about this boy fuk off already i only want to see yona and the five dragons

Them: Oh Yu-Hon murdered the Queen which is treason but whatever!!!! Fuck Il for killing him!!!

Fucking idiots.

Users who are viewing this thread