Akebi-chan no Sailor Fuku - Vol. 14 Ch. 78 - A Letter That Puts it all on the Line.

Dex-chan lover
i thought this was the chapter that was released last week? a few days ago? either way.

she down bad for akebi

thank you for the update!
Nah, this scan group always (at least since I started reading) uploads after the next chapter already came out in japanese, so they are always one chapter behind (I feel like it's intentional cause the manga skipped a month in july and they still waited to post this)

Dex-chan lover
Man, the anxiety of the wait, even if you already know the answer, is such a first love experience. Go and get your girl, Erika!

Oh yeah, something else happened on this chapter, but I can't remember what it was :kek:

Dex-chan lover
That was so intense, I could almost hear the doki dokies while reading it :O I hope this will put to rest any notion that this isn't the ''special kind'' of love, for Erika at the very least . Judging from the shy, happy smile that Komichi gave at the end, I'm willing to bet Komichi definitely isn't indifferent either ! Now for the girls and tiny kaicho to talk some sense into the school council and get their play back !

If there are still people that'll say "It's just friendship, there's no yuri" after this chapter, then I suggest you to check your eyes, 'cause there's definitely a big problem with them :nyoron:
That doesn't mean anything after Hibike Euphonium and other non yuri CGDCT anime that love to "ship tease".

Dex-chan lover
That doesn't mean anything after Hibike Euphonium and other non yuri CGDCT anime that love to "ship tease".
You are way too scared of yuribait. Yeah the chance of it all being for nothing isn't zero but I'd rather enjoy the ride without stressing over how it all ends. Even if my expectations are betrayed I'll get over it. There is still a lot of good yuri out there after all.

Dex-chan lover
If you read the novel, it feels like the author understood how everything about Kumiko and Reina looked like during the first novel (can't talk about any other because I haven't read them). Every scene between the girls is so charged the author felt the need to add "no homo" every single time. A joke people loved to tell back then was that Takeda, the author, was deep in denial about being gay. The novel was supposedly based on her high school life and her "dislike" about how romantic love is always portrayed as "superior" to friendship in media.

So yeah, Hibike is its own thing and shouldn't be used as some kind of "proof" of the evilness of "queerbaiting".

If you read the novel, it feels like the author understood how everything about Kumiko and Reina looked like during the first novel (can't talk about any other because I haven't read them). Every scene between the girls is so charged the author felt the need to add "no homo" every single time. A joke people loved to tell back then was that Takeda, the author, was deep in denial about being gay. The novel was supposedly based on her high school life and her "dislike" about how romantic love is always portrayed as "superior" to friendship in media.

So yeah, Hibike is its own thing and shouldn't be used as some kind of "proof" of the evilness of "queerbaiting".
Hibike will always be the perfect example of yuribaiting regardless of the authors "intentions".

You are way too scared of yuribait. Yeah the chance of it all being for nothing isn't zero but I'd rather enjoy the ride without stressing over how it all ends. Even if my expectations are betrayed I'll get over it. There is still a lot of good yuri out there after all.
I'm not really stressing over how it well end, though? It's pretty clear that they all stay very good friends.

Users who are viewing this thread