Akira Toriyama has died at age 68

Group Leader

GIHZFqxagAA1J-4

Dex-chan lover
Man that sucks. I always felt like he's had a really good sense for things that are cool and fun. Lots of great creative ideas. His departure leaves a void. No Mangaka compares to him in that sort of creativity and there's no new authors doing his type of thing.
And being interrupted mid work because of a health thing, that's the worst. RIP

Dex-chan lover
:meguuusad: DBZ was my childhood best friend and the first anime I watched. I'll look forward to training with Tori in next life on whatever kai's planet he ends up on. I'll lecture the fuck outta him on physics.

Dex-chan lover
Learned about this today. I'm sad. The good ones are leaving us these days. (We in Canada lost one of our good ex-prime ministers and more locally, a guy who was like a living encyclopedia)

Dex-chan lover
RIP to one of the most influential artists who ever lived.
You don't say. I heard about his demise today morning during my breakfast... on my local FM radio station news ! That really speaks volumes on what a worldwide legend Toriyama had become. Everybody on earth has already heard of DBZ at least once. Even the most uncultured country bumpkins. And thus, proper respects were paid.
🫡

Power Uploader
I had always hoped that one day I would meet Toriyama and thank him for creating such a vibrant world that made my child. I was too late. The creator of Doraemon, another anime that was a huge part of my childhood, died long before I was even born. So I could never meet him obviously. But I had always wanted to meet Toriyama. His influence on the entire industry is bigger than anyone else's.

Rest in peace, sensei

Dex-chan lover
Another piece of my childhood gone.

Rest in piece Mr. Toriyama, you will be missed.

Users who are viewing this thread