Akuninzura shita B-kyuu Boukensha: Shujinkou to Sono Osananajimi-tachi no Papa ni Naru - Ch. 8.1 - Swift Judgement (1)

Dex-chan lover
I'm pretty sure he would have killed them if they gave an answer or not. Them blabbering away going back to their meeting location makes it easier. With him already sending someone to scout their meeting location means he has already have enough info to work with.

No need to interrogate the small fries when the head honcho is here to beat the info out of him.
then why waste time or even let the first guy alive if he actually wasn't looking for answers?....

Aggregator gang
I get that he wants to defend the kids but the guy just give them a single panel to answer... they could barely even react when he made the questions... one didn't even finish his thought. If actually wanted to get information and not just kill them, unless he can read minds, then that was a very dumb and rushed decision...

That Clank sound effect, probably signifies them taking a combat stance. Gray doesn't wear metal armor, so it's unlikely to be from him. He also already knows they're hostile, "we'll report to the bishop and finish it within a day". They came at night in the dark, and they left a probably skilled combatant/kidnapper hiding behind their home.

If they had no ill intentions, they could have lowered their swords/relaxed/said something to the effect that they're not here for criminal reasons. But he knows he's caught them saying something that he shouldn't hear. His cackles are already up, from when they were so evasive at his home. Now they've revealed themselves to be working for a pretty high level official of the church. So, why wouldn't they reveal that it's a church thing instead of pretending to be mercenaries? Shenanigans.

And he's not really after information? He wants to solve the problem. Information would be a bonus, but he already knows the hero is in the forest, that purported mercenaries were openly asking about Ariamel along with the hidden arrival of the hero, and that Ariamel has been in the slums for quite a while and no one has asked about her until now.

Edit: And he knows he's in a JRPG game. Of course the Bishop is a villain.

Dex-chan lover
He also already knows they're hostile
he didn't know that, they literally have done nothing so far. he only knows one was sneaking in his house. If one should have died without questions was the one that sneaked in.
If they had no ill intentions, they could have lowered their swords/relaxed/said something to the effect
the guy dropped an unconscious body in front of them, their reaction is quite expected.
But he knows he's caught them saying something that he shouldn't hear
he doesn't know that, the other guy was thinking it but unless he can read minds it makes no sense.
And he's not really after information? He wants to solve the problem.
if he wasn't after information then why leave the first guy alive? it would have been better to just kill them without warning

Dex-chan lover
I don't tend to be one to root for the MCs in these to go around killing anyone that gives the slightest provocation... However, these scumbags are skulking about looking for the chance to kidnap a young lady - and are fully armed to do so...

If they had openly and directly approached in the name of the church, that would at least earn some discussion and/or leeway; they chose to act like bandits in the night, aiming to assault children.

No sympathy, no mercy.

Dex-chan lover
Happy to see this was a one sided bloodbath & I want Grey to learn about Londy since he has that habit of tasting females. Grey will definitely put him in the right path either their castration or death. Those idiots messed up royally. Thanks for the translations.
No real talk, just slices them all into sausage and moves on.

Double-page supporter
It legitimately makes me happy to see a no-nonsense protagonist who holds thugs to "live by the sword, die by the sword" instead of lording over everyone with some nonsense about killing being wrong when dealing with murderers.

Dex-chan lover
then why waste time or even let the first guy alive if he actually wasn't looking for answers?....
Confusion tactics I guess. Putting the enemy in stressful scenario will help him gauge the enemy if they are easy to deal with or not. If they were calmer than usual, then they are dangerous to deal with.

Regardless if the first dude was still alive or not, he just brought him to scare his friends. His intimidation didn't worked that much on them when they came by the house so scaring them is the next step.

Dex-chan lover
Confusion tactics I guess. Putting the enemy in stressful scenario will help him gauge the enemy if they are easy to deal with or not. If they were calmer than usual, then they are dangerous to deal with.

Regardless if the first dude was still alive or not, he just brought him to scare his friends. His intimidation didn't worked that much on them when they came by the house so scaring them is the next step.
He already knew they were easy to deal with the moment they defeated the first guy, Scare them only makes sense if he actually wanted answers... if not why even bother? just kill them and move to the boss if he already knew... it's just lazy writing, plain and simple...

Dex-chan lover
Honestly... in Manga, is there ever not a corrupt priest?

Don't get me wrong, it's a good trope, but it seems like only the corrupt ones ever come across MC.

If it's someone from the church that isn't corrupt it's usually a hot nun XD

Probably because that's still a thing irl
and the nun stories are always present no matter what the era lol

Dex-chan lover
I get that he wants to defend the kids but the guy just give them a single panel to answer... they could barely even react when he made the questions... one didn't even finish his thought. If actually wanted to get information and not just kill them, unless he can read minds, then that was a very dumb and rushed decision...

7135a7cd321384c84305b130697e3627cd74db13.pnj
Beheaded two guys, but the third guy is still unconscious. So he'd have the info anyways.

Contributor
This is the kind of MC i like the most, unforgiving, no pity, eradicate the issue in the best easy way to avoid backfire later, no backstory, no begging, just raw brute force. This is close to the Last Boss work, where mc don't give a shit about of evil people and their circumstances and just straight kill them. (y)

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
The panel where he slice both the neck and arm was wicked. Either his sword was magically sharp or the man has incredible strength. Because beheading required a lot of strength and precision.
Did you see how thick and large that sword is? It doesn't need to be very sharp when there is so much momentum on each swing. His sword is meant to cut large monsters after all. Even if the blade isn't going to cut through vertebrae, it will just knock off a bone like it was Jenga.

Dex-chan lover
Beheaded two guys, but the third guy is still unconscious. So he'd have the info anyways.
Assuming he left him alive after that or that he could regain consciousness quick enough for it to still be useful... which didn't happen because was the adventurer girl that told him where to go next.

Dex-chan lover
Wonder if this encounter will soften the hero somehow, by showing him that there are people out there who think his situation is messed up (by proxy of Gray fighting against the same thing happening to the saint), giving him some confidence to stand up for himself a bit, or rebel against the church a bit, or something. Though, I guess it could go the exact opposite way, embittering him and pushing him more onto the antagonist path we know he was in the original game, by going "why can't I have a family like that! I deserve it! Reee!"

Users who are viewing this thread