Akuyaku Reijou no Shitsuji-sama: Hametsu Flag wa Ore ga Tsubusasete Itadakimasu - Vol. 2 Ch. 5.1 - Dark Guild

Double-page supporter
@Add1152000
well, he is pretty much trying to guilt trip him. Aka, if you are so generous to pick random kids from the street, and even use 30 gold coins for that, are you still going to abandon parents (who also need to be saved). If yes - then you are hypocrite.

Yes, i know that you can't help everyone, and that accusation is ridiculous. But that's what bald guy is trying to do.

Dex-chan lover
Seemed to me there's a few layers going on here.

The human traffickers seem to be as decent as they can be for human traffickers and want to price gouge the greedy nobles for extra money since the butler and her noble mistress seem like easy marks.

The butler on the other hand is either suggesting that the gold coins should have been enough to pay off the debt so that the traffickers have no more hold over the parents, OR to simply have the parents eliminated so that the kids will have no outside attachments. To which the "moral" human traffickers probably take offense to either way.

Dex-chan lover
Explaining a bit on the chapter on spoiler, because novel stuff

The bit of the 30 gold coins was for two things: to show that Cyril already did some digging around the dark guild and that he knew they were going to ask for that amount, instead of the 3 gold coins they were worth
The bit on the parents debt is not only to guilt trip him into more money, but to make the kids able to see their parents so they can get info on the house inner workings as well a channel for future deals
The part on the faithful servants is there to say that they will raise the kids as to Foster their hatred towards the parents that sold them and not question the reason(the debt) as to make them more easily acceptable for them to throw away their past and serv only the lady and the house and to make the life of their parent have no value as hostages or links

Dex-chan lover
@RolandMayfield thanks for the explanation, I guess I'll read the novel if author actually puts some thought into stuff instead of having the average IQ of series hover around 65.

Shouldn't you draw up a contract or something first before antagonizing them? I'm pretty sure even human trafficking involves something more substantial than a verbal promise.

Fed-Kun's army
@jimmyclear it depense on Paper Production. if its too expensive, the one in higher power has to be the judge. and Cyril is the one of higher power.(having the backing of nobility)
it will become risky to betray in this situation.

and as the dark guild has nothing to lose by doing nothing, they have nothing to complain about.

if things break down the dark guild will be unable to perform activities without trust. and will be targeted by solders and knights.

like in the beginning of the manga, where they have to believe sofie and cyril or the maid.
maid lies, and will never be trusted again. essentially she will never get a job under someone because of her rep.

Group Leader
@ilvanezzo @Al_Azif If you were dealing in criminal activities would you want to have physical evidence for your crimes on hand that may be used against you one day?

Group Leader
@Ohgodpleaseno Nah, they would think you're a moron or complete newbie and would need to be removed to avoid becoming an issue in the future.

Dex-chan lover
That made no sense.
First off the parents abandon their own children for their survival what does their debt have to do with them
Human trafficking but with morals? I won't sell you the kids if you're going to do something worse to them than what we've done? Does it matter, they're slaves now. Whether it's with the guild or another person they'll never have their freedom back and even if they try to run away they're hunted down

Users who are viewing this thread