Akuyaku Reijou no Shitsuji-sama: Hametsu Flag wa Ore ga Tsubusasete Itadakimasu - Vol. 2 Ch. 5.2 - Dark Guild

@Tatherwood
Did your mom ever tell you to dress up when going to fancy events, and what a dashing young man you are?
Oh boy, call the cops. She was grooming you. Are you okay? Did you recover from that blatant sexual assault?
Oh man, I know exactly what you mean. My mom was that way too. Luckily, I was weary of it from a young age.
She would tuck my shirt in, I would untuck the front half of it. She brushed my hair, I shook it. She button all but the top 2 buttons. I would button it all the way up!
She still too this day tells stories of how she failed to groom me into being a "cool" kid. Us nerds be too smart for grooming.
And don't get me started on how she tried to pawn me off to random females.

Aggregator gang
For all the dumb people complaining that he was "grooming her", the most important thing is the "intention/purpose". Adult who specifically raise a child with the "purpose" of making them their lover is what you can call as "grooming" while our mc is just purely rasing this girl to be a better noble figure, there isn't any sexual intent. The "Intention" is also the difference between murder and accident.

I'll be honest, last chapter's spoiler comments explained better what's going on than the manga did in this chapter

Dex-chan lover
@Tatherwood @Sweet_Seats
It really isn't grooming, even if he did have ulterior motives (as a person who knows some of the novel, he didn't), what he mainly did which was different from the original story is kept her from going down the wrong path, what has made her attracted to him is his utter devotion to her and the fact she knows that even if the world turned on her, he would be there for her, and that his kindness to her was, unlike everyone else, who wanted to get on her good side, was completely genuine without any intent for personal benefit.

As for what happened at the dark guild, i think the implication was that the guild leader knew cyril could wipe out the guild if he wanted to through his own connections either through the marquis or other means, but saw it as lacking in benefit(keep in mind, cyril is also trained in combat to protect his lady), and from cyril's perspective he's right, legally it's probably a grey area what the dark guild was doing so getting the guards on his side might be difficult (the parents DID sell their children, whether it was right or not), more importantly wiping out the guild isn't beneficial for either side, if cyril does it, then someone probably worse would take their place, and if the dark guild somehow did win against cyril, it would have the nobles as enemies, so it was mutually beneficial to have a working relationship for both of them as cyril could use their connections, and the guild could have a valuable customer.

Dex-chan lover
The guild can still use the parents, how would they know their debts have been paid off? There's no proof aside from oral promises and they weren't there

Dex-chan lover
@Tatsuya-Kai I think you tagged the wrong people, mate. You're explaining why he's not grooming her to the 2 people who said this is not grooming 😂

@JWChibi Except that Cyril knows what the Dark Guild is actually like. They're not rotten people who'll take advantage of people if it isn't needed.

@Trezcast She has yandere tendencies, of course she'll be clingy which is cute

Dex-chan lover
@ JWChibi
Exactly, even the henchman said this. He based the whole meeting on the knowledge from previous life that they were "good" guys. Well, you know- "good" even when they are dealing with slavery and some other shady businesses.
And that's quite something coming from the guy that completely changed the plot since he "saved" FeMC from going the wrong path, thus alternating the story. It was totally possible that FeMC being good girl changed something trivial for them but super-important for the Nameless guy.
But he's one hell of a butler so he constantly gets the best results.

How long is it need for that butler to notice that his lady actually love him?

Users who are viewing this thread