Akuyaku Reijou no Tsuihougo! - Vol. 4 Ch. 16 - Escape From the Birdcage of Fate

Dex-chan lover
I know it's. This is just the kind of manga that it is. And nothing is ever going to be taken that seriously but.

...I feel like. Maybe the crown prince. almost explicitly trying to sexually assault a woman. Should have... more repercussions... then none?? If they'd had some reveal of like 'oh no, all he was going to do is forcibly KISS her, it was his first KISS' it would. Still be Really Really Bad tbh, but. At least this kind of brush-off would make sense...

But like. He didn't even get... like... even the most TOKEN punishment. He's not even sorry. Instead SHE has to rush to soothe HIS feelings...?? heeegh.

I dunno who the heck this guy is but i dont care about him i mean how can he said that GOOD FOOD IS GOOD FOOD
WHOEVER MADE IT

@hedgemoney Was it the one about the girl bringing modern infrastructure to the fantasy world? Cause I vaguely remember one that matches your description.

BOOOO, lame as fuck. Don't introduce these plots/characters if you don't have the guts to follow through.

@friendly I would have been fine with any punishment that would get him out of the story for a while, like house arrest or something. Instead it just kinda glosses over the attempted rape and attempted murder with lamest resolution possible.

Dex-chan lover
A happy ending of a really dangerous, disgusting and cruel murderous RAPE, I feel sorry of how normal the shoujou histories make normal something like this

Aggregator gang
Hard to get upset over this chapter when the whole premise is living the happy life of a commoner

That "happy life" includes
no legal rights to speak of
Nobles being able to rape, beat, imprison her at will
An incredibly precarious lifestyle

About the only realistic thing about this story is yes
IT'S GOOD TO BE THE KING
Or in this case the king's son

Dex-chan lover
I'm not really angry at the prince getting away with his attempted murder and rape. Rich celebs nowadays get away with worse so a prince in a medieval setting doong the same makes sense. Its annoying but it makes sense.

What really made me angry is her lack of reaction towards his actions. She just dismisses it as part of his character quirk. Now maybe she's in shock and thus is trying to compartmentalize his actions as that of the otome game character and not a living person in order to be able to process things but that's a level of writing I don't think the author is clever enough to intentionally go for so I'll just stay angry at it for a bit.

At least his character seems to be going on the shelf for a bit so that'll make things more palatable. I just feel this whole Yandere prince mini arc was unnecessary and hurt rather than helped the plot and characters.

Dex-chan lover
hopefully we get to see the prince face repercussions later, shitty as it is that nothing happened can't imagine mc getting away from some sort of horrid legal bullshit (probably execution) if leonid killed him right then and there

Dex-chan lover
haha arrow to the knee
new boy with :3 face is pretty cute anyways, hope he's not a shitbag or anything.

Also yeah didn't like mr yandere. I feel like 99.9% of the time that trope is bad, and the .1% that's good are cases where it barely qualifies as the archetype.

Mmm kinda disappointed with this chapter? The prince's attempt ended just like that? Like no punishment but instead a celebration???

Aggregator gang
@Fari from the looks and that short line it is obvious he’s going to be the ore-sama type

it's clear that the writer couldn't take what they dished out with the previous would-be rape scene... like, c'mon. the story was in a pretty dark place and the whiplash in tone was just too much. everybody was way, way too dismissive over what happened with the Prince, there was no real emotion or reaction that was believable. we get it author, you want the manga to stay light and cute so you gotta reign in anything that goes too hard, but if the writing is going to be this poor as a result, just don't go there at all. this is genuinely terrible writing.

i'll keep reading just because i liked that light and cute side to it, it's entertaining enough, but crap like this is why we can't take these dang otome/isekai works seriously.

Users who are viewing this thread