Akuyaku Reijou no Tsuihougo! - Vol. 4 Ch. 16 - Escape From the Birdcage of Fate

@valkalket she's kinda in a position where she has to have it resolved that way. unfortunately due to the setting of the world even if she did something more direct about the attempted rape, he's still the first prince, the king would have to disown him and she'd have to prove he was trying to rape her, on top of the fact she's already a banished and disgraced noble. losing battle doesn't even remotely describe the ordeal that would be. i do admit this was resolved a little too easily considering leo walked in on the prince attempting to rape her on top of him attempting to kill leo. i guess we can chalk it up to leo having a one track mind.

@Nimeri well the thing is she did talk to him to try and prevent something like this, he just ended up taking it to mean she wanted her. she's operating under the assumption that she may not be able to simply talk her way out of this and will have to resort to making use of the flags if it can stop a conflict for the time being. judging by how things ended though it's becoming clear this is a stopgap at best and if the other capture targets show up and express interest in her trying to use the flags to her advantage will only go so far if she wants to dissuade them from pursuing her. i just hope she figures that out ><

Contributor
@WanNyan:

Yeah, it's uncomfortable.

Like, it's valid within the setting to try to not get him killed (it would indeed be an international incident) but just hand-waving that he's an asipiring murderer and rapist is not really especially a good look.

Even compared to the realm of "bad boyz gonna be bad boyz" stuff that shoujo does normally.

(Not saying they could have given him his just desserts, precisely, but we didn't even get an effing "bad boy no biscuit" moment)

@WanNyan

8f3b45ac40674fea0236c313761b0ff81d70b6cb722ad8437ec45de74963f8ac.gif

Double-page supporter
And they just leave it at that? Just kill the fucktard already and make it look like an accident, just like he tried to.

This comment section gives me hope :’) Finally, some good food/critical consumption of media, esp as it pertains to the representation of sexual assault. 😭😭 Only took me over 2 decades of weebdom to find a comment section like this. Thank you guys.

Also, as many flaws as this work has, I still read it. So. Thank you to the translators!!

the author didn't even try... feels like they just wanted to move on to the next annoying bunch of dudes to torment the mc. all those chapters wasted on this ugly asf criminal yandere prince. I wish Elizabeth knew he tried to kill Leo at least so she can laugh it off. 🙄

And Leo really needs to step up so we can end this cmon dude.

Dex-chan lover
Uhhh what? We're just gonna move on like nothing happened yeah? Why the FUCK do manga keep treating attempted rape like some minor plot device with no consequences?!

...and that's not even mentioning the attempted murder. Might be time to drop this, yikes

Aggregator gang
I'm thinking the protag isn't as shook by the attempted rape because those characters are hard coded to act that way. Best to just keep calm, move on and be better prepared to foil them instead.

Even if she raised a stink about it, it's disgraced exiled nun vs reputable, innocent looking prince, and would result in more problems than she thinks it's worth.

@sheepdoge
I understand your points, I glossed over MC's mention of leo's attack potentially starting a war but I wish there was introspection on MC's part. Lot of stuff happened and it's over with no satisfying conclusion. it really feels like she's not a character but just a leaf getting carried by the stream of the story with little to no agency

Fed-Kun's army
UM NO??? HE NEEDS TO BE PUNISHED??? IS THAT IT?????? WHAT!!!

i'm so... lmao

thank you for the update!

WAIT LEONID'S A STALKER TOO

Dex-chan lover
Seriously? You’re just going to forgive and forget with literal seconds ago attempted RAPIST AND MURDERER? Fuck you, author, doesn’t matter how much I like main couple, dropping this.

Users who are viewing this thread