Akuyaku Reijou no Tsuihougo! - Vol. 4 Ch. 16 - Escape From the Birdcage of Fate

What
Just happened
That was it??
Like THAT was it??
It was such a bad flag and THAT was the solution???
Hold up I dont-
Ugh

wtf?? He literally tried to rape her and kill

Unless... she realised that he's only moving as a puppet to the game and is trying to change that as fast as possible?

why? this yandere Fboi should be chop off.
peace is a pause between wars anyway. who's care?

Remember guys, he a prince and she is a commoner. Unfortunately since equal right is not available in that time so she can't convict him. Also, maybe deep down she still think of him as a character with multiple ending.

Dex-chan lover
Did the whole series just made a quadruple salto while jumping the shark? Yeas, it did! Because this is bullshit! Holy fuck, this is bad...as bad as it gets...If the author wanted to keep the yandere further around, the he shouldn't have let him try to RAPE the MC!

I know he is the crown prince and all that hot stuff, which make him really important, but to us readers he is a side character, that did something irredeemable. Forget that about the side character thing. He is irredeemable as a character, that's enough. So I can't stomach the MC tolerating him around herself as if he did nothing or not a major thing. I will always remember, what he tried to do and every instance of him appearing in which MC isn't terrified of him or not seeing him as a threat at least is bound to feel like BS.

He is the heir of the kingdom. Fine, that's a good reason, why he doesn't get punished and is pampered instead. But she can and should still fear him, as this would be a natural reaction. Not doing so just feels too alien and as if the author makes light of the matter. It's a modern tale with a modern audience, that upholds a modern moral. It isn't a gritty, historical accurate melodrama. It is a fun little story about an isekaied person in a rather goofy setting. A comedy. If you are okay with all other inconsistencies, you can also be okay with people not liking a hideous crime being brushed over. What leaves that bitter aftertaste (btw, in german "After" means "anus", so...bitter aftertaste. U get it? lol rofl ^^) is the fact, that seemingly MC isn't just trying to save the situation, because he is the crown prince, but isn't effected at all by the rape attempt, as if it's no big deal. Even in a realistic medieval setting nobody would be so calm. And it looks like the story will continue this that way.

Even though I just highlighted they lighter, comedic, unrealistic parts, this is far behind a line I'm willing to accept, as this is just too immersion breaking. At least the character's behavior should feel halfway realistic, so that I can empathize with them and they somewhat feel alive. This is just bad quality of writing.

Dex-chan lover
Great... those two.... who are they again?

Obligatory "I used to be an adventure like you but then I took an arrow to the knee".

@Qelix
"that did something irredeemable"?
He didn't do anything though, other than try to kill Leonid that is.
It is not like he didn't had the chance to go for it if he wanted, he didn't even undressed or kissed her. The whole situation was forced but it was like he was exepcting her to choose him or something before continuing.

It was a messed up situation but it is not like it was out of the MC expectation and nothing actually happened.

Dex-chan lover
Now everything is back to normal.as if NOTHING rapishh or killing someone by pushing in the cliff happens...

I sense another jerkisshhh character incoming...

Thank you for the update❤

Dex-chan lover
@mahtan: I'm not sure, if I read your comment the way you meant it. He stopped the first time, because she headbutted him and he still went for a second time, even though she was clearly against it. And just because she expected, that he might do something like that, doesn't make it okay, that he attempted it. If I expect to be mugged, when I go down a dark ally, doesn't make the judge later say, "Welp, okay. He should have expected to be mugged, so the mugger is excused." or "The mugger thought it would be okay for the victim to be mugged. Therefore he is innocent."

Nope. Even if that sick bastard thought in his delusions, it would be okay and she would accept him, it is still a hideous act. I still hate him as an onlooker and can't see why anyone would ignore, what he tried to do to them.

Like your avatar though. ^^

just make it look like a boar did it and be done with it its not like they have forensic tech to prove anything! You know what fuck it in for a penny in for a pound, KILL THE REST OF THE ROYAL FAMILY! the queen was sus anyway use MC's nobility to draw up some bullshit claim hope to god the knight can rally enough of the army to your side and instal yourself as queen marry the knight to ensure his loyalty and bim bam bosh you got your self a kingdom with the bonus nipping what ever bullshit the Queen and Michal will pull in the bud.

Just a few words and the crazy ass psyco made a 180° and we are done. Yeah, sure, let's roll with that. All he needed were those magical words to turn around for good. Yes yes.

Users who are viewing this thread