Albert-ke no Reijou wa Botsuraku wo Goshomou desu - Vol. 5 Ch. 23

Wow i hate when a teacher is involved in these “otome games” like that’s a pedofile people gross
Even when it's a younger teacher and an older student so that the age gap isn't far apart, it still rubs me the wrong way because of the power imbalance. Like they are in a position to pass or fail you and you are in a position to potentially emotionally manipulate them for a university grade that can change your life depending on your degree. There's just so much outside factors that even without the age gap, it's not healthy.

Dex-chan lover
Starting to hare reverse harems especially when they involve breaking up so many other people

Dex-chan lover
Even when it's a younger teacher and an older student so that the age gap isn't far apart, it still rubs me the wrong way because of the power imbalance. Like they are in a position to pass or fail you and you are in a position to potentially emotionally manipulate them for a university grade that can change your life depending on your degree. There's just so much outside factors that even without the age gap, it's not healthy.
Eh, it's fiction for a reason. There are people that love imagining how a "perfect" taboo relationship would go despite knowing they wouldn't actually like it in real life. Just like watching destruction and death in movies is perfectly fine for most people, but confronted in reality with the same thing has the opposite reaction.

Dex-chan lover
So the reverse harem ending is ridiculously hard to get and a single mistake can ruin it, but the heroine didn't think getting Parfait, who would become her best friend, on her side might be somewhat important to it?
its probably one of those things thats costs more time then it would to ignore like shes speed running this so you gotta think like a speedrunner (minus the no clipping though that would be funny seeing her try to no clip)

Dex-chan lover
uh, do you have proof for that or are you just assuming? Most bonus contents in otome game are about secret characters/characters who you normally can't romance in the game, or some omake scenes about what happened after the game (marriage, having kids, stuff like that).
I guess my kneejerk impressions are slanted by what some friends played growing up? Go figure there's a difference in content between (functionally) galge style and this college-age otome game... Honestly it's a relief if I misread those implications.

I'll update the post.

Dex-chan lover
I feel like they have their place – the problem being that place is quite small, and executing the topic skillfully is beyond most authors. Without the background worldbuilding and chemistry between the harem members, it comes across as hamfisted and/or nonsensical.
That's a fair point. Some I don't mind because it feels like there's no manipulation going on and usually the love interests of the main/self insert also care/love each other so it's not just one sided. I can like those. Like Mob Isekai or Bakarina or so. A harem route in those is fine to me (don't think Bakarina will, but I would be fine with it, I mean).

Dex-chan lover
I guess my kneejerk impressions are slanted by what some friends played growing up? Go figure there's a difference in content between (functionally) galge style and this college-age otome game... Honestly it's a relief if I misread those implications.

I'll update the post.
most galge game aren't like that. 18+ scenes maybe implied and mentioned, but never explicitly written out, especially orgy scenes.

Games where erotic content is included are called eroge, and while some dating games fall into that category, not all of them do.

Dex-chan lover
One of the capture targets was the fucking king if I recall correctly.
You both are misremembering…

The capture target was the king’s brother, and he got drugged with an aphrodisiac by a woman who’s been pinning after him for years. He took responsibility for his actions (even though he should have known something was up and it was her fault but eh, whatever) and even had a second child on the way at the end.

They were colleagues, and they’re both around the same age.

Dex-chan lover
You both are misremembering…

The capture target was the king’s brother, and he got drugged with an aphrodisiac by a woman who’s been pinning after him for years. He took responsibility for his actions (even though he should have known something was up and it was her fault but eh, whatever) and even had a second child on the way at the end.

They were colleagues, and they’re both around the same age.
I'm not misremembering, I'm remembering perfectly well I think just either the manga didn't cover the King scenario, or perhaps it doesn't "come up" unless everyone else is captured as well

The King's Brother is the Crown Prince's Uncle - that's where that one comes in

King.png

Dex-chan lover
Wow i hate when a teacher is involved in these “otome games” like that’s a pedofile people gross
I mean the reason it exists is because these are dating games, and people have attraction to teachers is pretty common for both men and women so not surprisingly it's a trope they lean into. In real life it's f***ed up as hell due to the mental immaturity of the teenager, the inability to truly consent, power dynamics, and that it's usually forced on the student. However from a dating game developer's position it's completely understandable why they do it.

Aggregator gang
Every time I read these novels, I feel like the authors never played an otome game. I've played them, Japanese and western ones. Unless they're Adult rated (I don't play those), there is no reverse harem route. ( Or its very rare) You play through all routes and then unlock a hidden character or ending, but that's not a reverse harem. You're restarting each playthrough single. Where you get harem-endings is in the anime adaptions (which are usually awful).

It's just really bugs me when authors don't bother to understand the genre of games they're writing about. Though I do find it funny they're nonexistent research has led to a whole genre of stories 😅

Eh, it's fiction for a reason. There are people that love imagining how a "perfect" taboo relationship would go despite knowing they wouldn't actually like it in real life. Just like watching destruction and death in movies is perfectly fine for most people, but confronted in reality with the same thing has the opposite reaction.
Yeah I can get that. And sometimes I do enjoy reading about things I know I'd hate in reality, but it entirely depends on how it's portrayed in the writing I guess.

Aggregator gang
its probably one of those things thats costs more time then it would to ignore like shes speed running this so you gotta think like a speedrunner (minus the no clipping though that would be funny seeing her try to no clip)
Seeing someone try to sequence break reality would also be fun.

Tbh I wonder about how observant this girl is. Like you'd think Mary being present at all would be cause to be wary about what else might change from the game.

Dex-chan lover
Seeing someone try to sequence break reality would also be fun.

Tbh I wonder about how observant this girl is. Like you'd think Mary being present at all would be cause to be wary about what else might change from the game.
probably thinks (depending on how old this game actually is in her world before she died) shes part of a DLC that came out after she died and as such is not important cause why risk doing a new route you dont know about or she assumes its a glitch.

also imagine talking to her and she keeps looking around you while mumbling whereas the skip button.

Users who are viewing this thread