All You Need Is Kill - Vol. 2 Ch. 17 - Sky Blue

Fed-Kun's army
Bittersweet endings dude, they hit different. I'm glad Edge of Tomorrow improved on this, cause I don't know what to feel about that.

Overall, an enjoyable read. At least Rita is alive somewhere, and Emily Blunt at that.

Beautiful ending, i didnt expect this manga to get me so attached to the characters, i even teared up a little from the ending monologue. Really enjoyed this

I'm sad, but in the same way as the ending of 5 centimeters per second, it feels better that way. I love happy endings, but the story wouldn't be as emotional if there was a loophole that allowed them both to live. The ending is satisfying and heartbreaking despite being only the 17th chapter

Double-page supporter
I have read this multiple times but it's just amazing everytime I reread it, I still feels the emotion and excitement just like the first time I read it, I recommend people to read this every once a month when you got bored of daily routine...

It's a short manga that will boost you up from your boredom.

Dex-chan lover
Bittersweet endings dude, they hit different. I'm glad Edge of Tomorrow improved on this, cause I don't know what to feel about that.

Overall, an enjoyable read. At least Rita is alive somewhere, and Emily Blunt at that.

Edge of Tomorrow is based on the novel version, the manga cuts out a bunch of stuff.

Dex-chan lover
I really do love this story. I appreciate how, with brevity, it communicates the human experience. The passage of time, improvement with repetition, conquering obstacles; but, how - in this life - being the best pales in comparison to being with the rest.

Dex-chan lover
I really do love this story. I appreciate how, with brevity, it communicates the human experience. The passage of time, improvement with repetition, conquering obstacles; but, how - in this life - being the best pales in comparison to being with the rest.
... AND THE AXED FEELING. THAT IS THE REASON THE AXE WAS THERE >>>

Dex-chan lover
I'm glad that hollywood adaptation did not just copy the original. Although this mange was fun to read, the movie edge of tomorrow was much better.
lol didnt tom cruise lefty loosey righty tighty an alien computer to blow it up? Absolute trash film

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
couldn't he just tell her to run for it at the next iteration?
obviously, the antennas have a finite range (otherwise the server and the backups wouldn't need to be present on the battlefield)
if he did another iteration where she wasn't present, he could have won without her dying.
Hey no thinky only feely

Fed-Kun's army
Heavy, but enjoyable - interesting twist for the resolution, too!
Thanks for the translation!

Dex-chan lover
So why did she care either way if the loop continued?
She wasn't looping any more.
Presumably she could die and would just be dead (until Keiji died and rewound 30 hours (before they killed the server and the mimic backups)).
Or was it the case that she technically could still loop, but hadn't died since the end of her first battlefield and never triggered her time rewind? In that case, if she did die (before killing the server and backup mimics), would she wake up the day before her first battlefield? Or would she wake up 30 hours before Keiji's first battlefield? Would Keiji retain his memories (presumably not, since she didn't keep her memories when Keiji died and rewound time)?
She had literally no reason to care about the time loop anymore (apart from the headaches caused by the tachyon poisoning which, presumably, didn't go away (although she didn't seem to be affected anymore)).
Sucks she died, but only because it was unnecessary. I think this is why the movie version made it related to the blood, and she had explicitly lost the ability to loop - and that in the movie, her motivation for helping is to win the war - not to escape the loop... which is questionable in the manga since it's not clear if she's even still looping.

Users who are viewing this thread