All You Need Is Kill

You know a story is good if you read the final chapter on accident and don't consider the entire thing spoiled (I was kinda lucky in the way the plot reveals were placed but still).

The road to the finale was as interesting if not more interesting than the finale itself.

On one hand I wish there were of this
story, on another it was just perfect
length.

Overall I really liked it 10/10

Pretty damn good. Haven't seen anything with this concept yet so it seems original and they did a good job. Good manga always feels a little bit short but either way, 9/10.

When I was younger I loved the movie adaptation (The Edge of Tomorrow), it used to be my favorite. About a year ago it blew my fuckin mind how there was a manga adaptation also. Needless to say this manga is one of my favorites. 😁😁😁

(I know the movie doesn't have as great of an ending as the manga but you can't really blame them. It was marketed as an action movie, had a cool big explosion end and didn't have all the poignant stuff with it. They had to appeal to the American audience. The author even worked on the screenplay of the movie!😎)

Aggregator gang
You know a manga's good when barely 20 people gave it a rating lower than 5.

Great manga, i loved the idea behind it. The ending is a bit disapointing, but i wouldnt call it a deus ex machina since there's a bit of foreshadowing.
It's a good thing the author made it short. No drama, no fillers. Just a simple, straight to business manga. And we need more of those!
9/10, well written story, the art is very nice too. My only gripe would be some of the characters who are a bit too archetypal.

Picked up the full 17 chapter version at a bookstore when I saw it -- probably wouldn't have gotten into it if I didn't read the first half or so online - LOVED the manga

I watched Edge of Tomorrow since I heard the premise and the story sounded familiar... and was thoroughly disappointed with the interpretation
since it lacked the emotional depth the manga had. Let's just say the random 'humor' in the movie destroyed it for me, as well as little to no lead-up on any sort of romantic elements that got thrown in with the movie...? The movie lacked the psychological element that manga pulled off so well, so it was very disappointing

Dex-chan lover
The classic sci fi. Straight to the point, consistent story line, and a ominous ending.

'The Edge of Tomorrow' was an adaptation of this story with slightly different endings.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edge_of_Tomorrow
Read at 'based on' part.

Military science fiction at its finest.
Excellent drawings, fast paced action, just the right amount of gore to convey the horrors of the war without grossing you out.

The movie has the same concept, but many key aspects of the story (including the ending) are different, so it's very much worth reading even if you watched the movie already.

If you've seen the movie and read the manga already:
I think it's GENIUS that Edge of Tomorrow's protagonist is called Cage, just like Kiriya's exo-suit is named Killer Cage in the end! Such a nice touch!

This really tore me apart wth.

So many times I find these scifi stories the most tear jerky

Users who are viewing this thread