Always getting logged out

Dex-chan lover
Hi. So I have this problem since months but I often are logged out when coming back here. What's more is I always need to change my settings and everything again. This doesn't happen all the time which is weird. It is very random.
Is that a problem on my side or because you guys still work on this site? I'm sorry if this is something obvious, I'm not very good with Pc stuff....

Group Leader
Account settings are saved in your browser's local storage, so if you have a setting or extension that automatically clears it, everything will get reset

Dex-chan lover
It happens daily. My browser is set to keep everything for the session, so it shouldn't be losing any cookies or local storage while it is open.

If I leave my tabs for several hours, I don't stay signed in. Then it ends up opening the next chapter without my account tracking my progress.

Depending on how long it has been, I will either have to:
  1. hit refresh,
  2. hit refresh and then the sign in button,
  3. hit refresh, the sign in button, and put my password in again. (so much for checking the "remember me" box)
The interesting thing is that I can be signed in in one tab while another tab continues to stay signed out until I hard refresh or press the sign in button there too.

It seems the site is configured to timeout accounts on open tabs and then let you continue to navigate the site using partial live page content refreshes while forgetting that you're signed in until you force a manual full page load/reload.

Quite frustrating.

As someone else mentioned, this doesn't seem to happen on the forums.

Dex-chan lover
Oh, I just noticed this happening to me too. Desktop Firefox and the usual add-ons.
A very recent thing for me I only noticed today. Hasn't even gotten annoying yet, I'm sure it will soon.

Okay annoyance achieved. It also seems to go short term amnesic and forget chapters I've read before logging me out. Grrr

Last edited:
VIP
I have the same issue. Firefox 110 with ublock origin. Weird enough, I just got logged out from the site but not the forums. Could it be the JWT expiring?

Power Uploader
I get logged out constantly, pretty much every time I put my laptop to sleep then wake it back up. It's annoying if I'm reading a series, then put my laptop to sleep, then resume reading that series later. I can keep reading the series, but since I get logged out without realizing it, it won't mark those chapters as read. It started happening after the authentication rework.

I assume it's because I use a VPN and my IP changes after I reconnect, but I don't know that for sure. I also use Firefox/uBlock.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Since the return I no longer could stay logged in on multiple devices, and now I keep getting logged out on my tablet, the only device I now use for mangadex. It gets comical - I take a 5 minute break from reading manga, and have to reauthenticate upon return, which sometimes means having to reenter my long ass secure password. I'm using chrome for android, no extensions, no VPN. I assume it's not because I'm from Russia and this is some sort of antispam measure, since a lot of others are having the same problem.

Group Leader
Is there a maximum amount of logins allowed? I'm wondering if that's the cause, you login on one device and it auto logs you out of a previous one.

Dex-chan lover
Is there a maximum amount of logins allowed? I'm wondering if that's the cause, you login on one device and it auto logs you out of a previous one.
I've vaguely suspected this for a while as I use multiple browsers on multiple devices, but it doesn't consistently log me out so I don't think that's it.

Dex-chan lover
Since posting here I have yet to be logged out, and I even logged in on PC without getting logged out on mobile. Honestly not sure what to think.

Power Uploader
It happens to me too but only on mobile and tablet (sometimes even during the same day). On PC everything is fine.

Users who are viewing this thread