Couldn't access Mangadex anymore

Dex-chan lover
Hello.
Right now is the first time since almost a month I was able to log in. The site always gave me a blank space before. What's weird is that I searched if the site is down and asked other people and they didn't have any problems.

Seems like it's working again but I'm still curious what caused this. Were there other people with the same problems or was it something on my end?

Power Uploader
Are you on desktop? could be cause a extension maybe blocking the initial pop up hence the blank screen...

Try turning off all the extensions and logging in if it ever happens again

reu

Dex-chan lover
You have to buy a subscription to orange plus
Now seriously, that sounds like a DNS problem, if it just goes blank

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Are you on desktop? could be cause a extension maybe blocking the initial pop up hence the blank screen...

Try turning off all the extensions and logging in if it ever happens again
No I'm on my phone. Also it works perfectly fine again now. I didn't change anything.

I’ve had similar issues for the past 3-4 months, where the site sometimes just doesn’t load. I agree that it feels like a dns issue, or my device being black listed temporarily for some reason.
Here are some takeaways that might help with identifying the issue:

• only happens on my phone (iOS 16)
  • when it happens the issue remains for an indefinite amount of time, usually at least 15 min, but less than ~6 hours
  • If I open mangadex on my computer or some other phone it works fine
  • It can happen in the middle of using it - suddenly the next chapter just doesn’t load nor any other page - or directly when trying to open the site
  • I don’t use any vpn on my phone, though I do have double SIM cards.
  • There doesn’t seem to be any connection between the issue and being on Wi-Fi or not
  • incognito mode or switching browser apps doesn’t solve the issue

Users who are viewing this thread