Always getting logged out

Dex-chan lover
Hi. So I have this problem since months but I often are logged out when coming back here. What's more is I always need to change my settings and everything again. This doesn't happen all the time which is weird. It is very random.
Is that a problem on my side or because you guys still work on this site? I'm sorry if this is something obvious, I'm not very good with Pc stuff....

Group Leader
Account settings are saved in your browser's local storage, so if you have a setting or extension that automatically clears it, everything will get reset

VIP
I have the same issue. Firefox 110 with ublock origin. Weird enough, I just got logged out from the site but not the forums. Could it be the JWT expiring?

Power Uploader
I get logged out constantly, pretty much every time I put my laptop to sleep then wake it back up. It's annoying if I'm reading a series, then put my laptop to sleep, then resume reading that series later. I can keep reading the series, but since I get logged out without realizing it, it won't mark those chapters as read. It started happening after the authentication rework.

I assume it's because I use a VPN and my IP changes after I reconnect, but I don't know that for sure. I also use Firefox/uBlock.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Since the return I no longer could stay logged in on multiple devices, and now I keep getting logged out on my tablet, the only device I now use for mangadex. It gets comical - I take a 5 minute break from reading manga, and have to reauthenticate upon return, which sometimes means having to reenter my long ass secure password. I'm using chrome for android, no extensions, no VPN. I assume it's not because I'm from Russia and this is some sort of antispam measure, since a lot of others are having the same problem.

Group Leader
Is there a maximum amount of logins allowed? I'm wondering if that's the cause, you login on one device and it auto logs you out of a previous one.

Dex-chan lover
Is there a maximum amount of logins allowed? I'm wondering if that's the cause, you login on one device and it auto logs you out of a previous one.
I've vaguely suspected this for a while as I use multiple browsers on multiple devices, but it doesn't consistently log me out so I don't think that's it.

Dex-chan lover
Since posting here I have yet to be logged out, and I even logged in on PC without getting logged out on mobile. Honestly not sure what to think.

Power Uploader
It happens to me too but only on mobile and tablet (sometimes even during the same day). On PC everything is fine.

Group Leader
it happens to me all the time and im only logged in one one device (my laptop) and i only use one browser...it likes to log me out in the middle of chapters, too

Double-page supporter
I've been having this problem for at least a couple months perhaps much longer? Finally It's gotten so annoying on a day off where I've been reading manga. I'll be reading a series and got back to the overview page for the series and see I've been logged out.

Its CONSTANT, and defeats the entire purpose of how mangadex will help track what chapters have been read (a helpful feature I genuinely appreciate, and why I prioritize using this site over any other) as I then have to manually clear each single chapter, and if I'd not fully read it I have to track down where I left off as well as if I was reading it on any other site in that case.

Cookies are enabled. All of the other "issues" that would lead to data/etc being cleared are not at issue. This is some strange "time-out" problem, despite churning through 50 chapters... and then seeing I'm logged out for some reason while doing so.

Proposed solution: Some sort of Setting to keep ourselves logged in for a set timeframe. Some websites give a generic two weeks. That'd be great to be able to put a little checkbox in my account settings and this never is an issue again.

Dex-chan lover
You don’t usually get logged out that often. I haven’t been logged out for several weeks now in my main device. Even my desktop which can be turned off several days in row doesn’t get logged out that often.

So Im guessing there’s something that’s not working as intended for you. I think it would be wise to give as much information as possible so the devs can see what the issue is e.g what browser and version would be a good start.

Users who are viewing this thread