Am I Your Daughter?

@Chibi_Chou same gurl, i mean,why did they set fire only when u were 18? it's because at that age u can be freed. I mean, CAN'T U USE UR BRAIN?? i like the type of girls that are independent and plans ahead, instead of doing and planning the action at the same time.

Maybe wait till chapter 200 or 300 so they might finally have character development so this series worth to read~
MC barely knows anything since she was isolated, why even bother make it "time travel" lol

is this going to be along ass chapter bcs idk if i can wait that long till she gets revealed lol

Wow a lot of people are angry at the mc. If you think about it properly. She only has memories starting from 7 years old until 18 since she can't remember her memories below 7 years old(a bit suspicious if you ask me). And shes in that wooden house and shes not allowed to go outside. Im guessing No one told her anything or even taught her anything so she lived her life being ignorant of everything. Thats why all she can do is not to be a bother by everyone. I feel sorry for her tho...

It’s great for the author but I’m so impatient 😭🥺 because it’s getting serialized by Tapas soon

Beware textwall
Mc is literally a child, someone has explained here in the comment section so go find it yourself.
She doesn't have any memories before her 7 while confined and abused and treated like a slave for years. She is trapped in her own small world, never have any decent life and always experiences the worst. Doesn't have any friend or family or even someone who can rely on for, no proper education and nice environment for development. She grow with a big scar in her heart, frightened and terrified even with small thing because the only memory she has is that hellish life.
So chill tf down, try to understand about everything she went through on her childhood days because all of them is traumatic events.
Go google childhood trauma and it's effect and have you ever heard child protection organization? First understand what the organization do and then try to understand the world child and the world abusive and the word effect.
Asking the mc character development is equal to "cursing" a child victim and some people here genuinely cursing her geez.

Group Leader
So I read the raws ( up to chapter 39)
the MC is Still not rescued . Even worse She is back in the small house. She lit the house on fire. She did that on purpose. She's in the Forest the duke is at the burning house.so far Thats it

Y'all really calling a victim of abuse retarted??
She's not acting like an 18 year old cuz she's been imprisoned all her fuckin life. How would she know how to act as a teen when that experience was robbed from her since she was 7?

Some of y'all should realize that not everyone reacts to trauma the same way. If you dont like that her PTSD doesnt make her a strong female character instead, then move manhuas instead of calling a victim of abuse retarded cuz there are plenty out there who react the same way she does.

Everyone fighting over the mc’s dumb personality (which I personally dislike, as a survivor of abuse and w bad anxiety myself, but look forward to her growth) and mostly I’m just super tired of when artist’s don’t draw mouths closed. Like please how many bugs has she eaten already??? :0 :eek: :O :0 :eek: :eek: :0 PLEASE CLOSE HER MOUTH LMAO idk why it bothers me so much, this and another webtoon I read do it really bad lolol

Her father is too unreliable. He should be removed in this series, and let the kid do everything herself, and it would be a dozen times better.

I known the author probably want to let her leave behind her past with this Arc, but still is very dragged out and her "dad" is so useless, to not even let some of his men observe or shadow the house she went.

I stopped reading this at chapter 24 to allow chapters to stockpile, but really, the pacing could do better.

The art is ok so why is the rating so low?
Because reading this is stressful. The MC is, putting it mildly, stupid weak and incapable, so watching anything they do is stressful. I read this shit to be refreshed not get stressed out by someone dumber than the average dumbest.

People commenting mc is retarded are the real retards, can’t even understand the character and story and the pacing is good imho. People just want the story to end in 1 chapter I guess because that’s what they are used too read, trash storys without much development etc.

I am pretty sure all the people disliking this manga are also people that can’t appreciate storys like mushoku tensei and love isekai anime where mc is op from 1st episode. (Yes Know this is exaggerated but it hold some truth imho.
Trash taste people trash talking a story that could unfold nicely.

Ofc I am not saying “Am I the Daughter?” is perfect but it set up good foundation’s up to chapter 35 and we will see how the mc and her father will develope from here on.
This arc (chap 30+) will tell us if this manga is good or bad and the pacing is drawn out or not. Got a rating of 7 from me for now.

People call the mc dumb, and alright, it might be stressful watch her do some things, but if you think from the psychological side it is understandable.
She lived all her life encaged in a “bird cage” and was abused by her fake father, all the while he said it was the better for her. It was quite clear that her mind wouldn't develop much more than the seven years she lived outside the count mansion.

And even if you say that the duke is useless for letting the count get her so easily, even if he wanted he's not the strongest in the noble hierarchy, so there should be some limitations to how much he can move to save her. Even so, the manhwa doesn't seen to be considering those so... they're mostly disposable arguments.

The only thing that bothers me is how fast people warmed up to her, especially the duke who seemed to be so wary of her before, although is not completely false that they would surely feel more attached to each other after the almost kidnapping she suffered inside the dukedom.

All in all, it's not a bad manhwa, there could be some little repairs, but surely it isn't a waste of your time to read. Pretty fun and with an adorable art.

Users who are viewing this thread