Amagami-san Chi no Enmusubi - Vol. 11 Ch. 88 - A wondrous night

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter!

I was very much looking forward to this chapter and seeing the "main" panel (spread?) for Yae's date, but it was a bit of a let down when compared to the ones for Asahi and Yuna's dates. I still loved the chapter, but it's kind of like when you know the big payoff in a piece of music or a movie is about to happen, but it turns out to be just underwhelming. idk how to describe it but anyway.

Also, I wasn't expecting a Mahiru date, but damn am I here for it. Honestly though, whilst I would prefer a date, I'm pretty sure it will be something along the lines of Uryuu helping Mahiru take the kids to the beach and watching over them. Not that that's a bad thing by any means, any Mahiru chapter is a good chapter to me.

Edit: Looking back, Asahi now has both of my 2 favourite panels in this manga; the one from her date two chapters ago, and the one from the fireworks festival back in chapter 49

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
this chapter confirms yae as worst girl when i wasnt sure before; everything she did and said in this chapter is unappealing, just rubs me the wrong way

yae is written for pathetic mommy gf people with the testosterone of a mouse. can't really picture themselves dominating a girl at all so their favorites need to have that dynamic be unnaturally missing. though she's very far from the worst examples of that character type

Banned
this chapter confirms yae as worst girl when i wasnt sure before; everything she did and said in this chapter is unappealing, just rubs me the wrong way

yae is written for pathetic mommy gf people with the testosterone of a mouse. can't really picture themselves dominating a girl at all so their favorites need to have that dynamic be unnaturally missing. though she's very far from the worst examples of that character type
Sir sir
This is not Wendy's

Dex-chan lover
Nice job with your charm, Uryuu! Instead of relying on internet knowledge, use your natural skills to get Yae to like you! This kind of Art is about your interpretation of a story, not another person's after all.

Yae was pretty fun in this chapter. A perfect blend of teasing and affection!

The dude finally scored a critical hit. Other dates seemed to work because they already love him.
Also, I wasn't expecting a Mahiru date, but damn am I here for it. Honestly though, whilst I would prefer a date, I'm pretty sure it will be something along the lines of Uryuu helping Mahiru take the kids to the beach and watching over them. Not that that's a bad thing by any means, any Mahiru chapter is a good chapter to me.
It will be impromptu date of course, but the fact, she's finally getting her own chapter and in a fan-service arc, is already a treat.

Aggregator gang
Thanks for the chapter!

I was very much looking forward to this chapter and seeing the "main" panel (spread?) for Yae's date, but it was a bit of a let down when compared to the ones for Asahi and Yuna's dates. I still loved the chapter, but it's kind of like when you know the big payoff in a piece of music or a movie is about to happen, but it turns out to be just underwhelming. idk how to describe it but anyway.

Edit: Looking back, Asahi now has both of my 2 favourite panels in this manga; the one from her date two chapters ago, and the one from the fireworks festival back in chapter 49
whats a mahiru date??

Dex-chan lover
I have a feeling it's a lot harder to portray Yae truly being Yae. She is a care free genius that spent her time as a kid being told she had to do things. Had to master so many different things and get married. Life to her was nothing but a prison. Until she met Uryuu that black painting was her life. He freed her from all of that and she figured out that life was about doing the things that make you happy.

So if Yae is happy and smiling, that is Yae being Yae, whatever she is doing in that moment is the most important thing in the world to her.

Second only to her sisters and Uryuu
Yeah true that lol her entire supernatural adventure arc that Uryuu went through was all about explaining that exact fact.

Other than her introduction as being an airheaded art student that has genius level talent in most aspects from academic to creative, she also has that childish lack of common sense about her lol

So all in all, any slice of life chapter with Yae in it pretty much  is a Yae characterization chapter haha

All I meant was that we rarely see Yae's genius level talent being used in any setting she excels at. This was pretty much one of the few chapters to do so, and even then, it was mostly implications and subtle hints.

Like how the piece she painted was priced at 330,000¥ (roughly, in general conversions cause lazy, $330), so she's clearly talented enough to justify setting the price for her work at least that high, since most amateur college art students wouldn't even hope to price their work that high without some prior established reputation or connections.

Hell, they wouldn't even get to show their pieces at a legitimate exhibit like Yae's, and usually do an art collective/DIY art space or a college art show/exhibit at the school lol

Not to mention even considering putting a price tag on their work to begin with, since selling their work isn't or shouldn't even be on their minds at that point in their careers lol or at least that's what the going mindset is (or was, idk, been a while since I've been in college), since college aged students are usually supposed to be focusing on honing their crafts than getting too confident that they can make money on their amateur base level skills unless they're legitimately 100% talented or a prodigy like Yae lol

Dex-chan lover
Yeah true that lol her entire supernatural adventure arc that Uryuu went through was all about explaining that exact fact.

Other than her introduction as being an airheaded art student that has genius level talent in most aspects from academic to creative, she also has that childish lack of common sense about her lol

So all in all, any slice of life chapter with Yae in it pretty much  is a Yae characterization chapter haha

All I meant was that we rarely see Yae's genius level talent being used in any setting she excels at. This was pretty much one of the few chapters to do so, and even then, it was mostly implications and subtle hints.

Like how the piece she painted was priced at 330,000¥ (roughly, in general conversions cause lazy, $330), so she's clearly talented enough to justify setting the price for her work at least that high, since most amateur college art students wouldn't even hope to price their work that high without some prior established reputation or connections.

Hell, they wouldn't even get to show their pieces at a legitimate exhibit like Yae's, and usually do an art collective/DIY art space or a college art show/exhibit at the school lol

Not to mention even considering putting a price tag on their work to begin with, since selling their work isn't or shouldn't even be on their minds at that point in their careers lol or at least that's what the going mindset is (or was, idk, been a while since I've been in college), since college aged students are usually supposed to be focusing on honing their crafts than getting too confident that they can make money on their amateur base level skills unless they're legitimately 100% talented or a prodigy like Yae lol
I understand what your saying. We did get a bit of that when
she was making the charms for the festival. Her process is chaotic at best, doing what ever feels right and she believes that will take her to the right place. I don't think she would seriously study her work and think about what it needs she would just let it flow freely. From her brain through her hands.

She was serious when she was fighting those guys. That was cool to see.

Then again a character that can do anything can turn out pretty boring, and over bearing. In that way her being carefree is a tremendous plus to her character otherwise she wouldn't be as likeable. She would be like the female lead in Medaka Box maybe.

It would be interesting to see how much of her personality is real or if it is calculated by her so she has the most fun. Though I think it is truly her. I don't think it is a mask hiding a cunning intelligence. She really is a loving expressive girl that lives in the moment.

Her talents and genius are just things she can do. They are not who she is.

T51

Double-page supporter
Man, this chapter made Yae even more special. It felt very different from the other 2 although the twist from the last chapter was still a surprise.

Also, Mahiru chapter? hello???

Dex-chan lover
whats a mahiru date??
Haha, by Mahiro date, I meant a date with Mahiru Anekoji. She's the doctor/dormitory mother at the orphanage where Uryuu grew up and part of the reason why Uryuu wants to be a doctor. I was talking about how the final page of this chapter says that next chapter will be "a car date with Mahiru!?"

Don't worry, I had to go check who Mahiru was because I honestly couldn't remember. I thought it meant Shirahi for a second, and boy am I glad that I was mistaken lol

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Artists drawing a black dot on lined paper and having it hung up in New York art museums for millions of dollars

Dex-chan lover
Artists drawing a black dot on lined paper and having it hung up in New York art museums for millions of dollars
Meanwhile Yae's painting goes for 33k Yen, which is a bargain for a painting that size even by an unknown no-name.

Users who are viewing this thread