Amai-san wa Tsumetakute Amai - Ch. 24

Dex-chan lover
tenor.gif

Aggregator gang
still dont know author want matching them or just friend in the end, bcause fmc still jk/ schoolgirl

Group Leader
Misato-san Chapter 9 vs Amai-san chapter 24

Which is worse?

Dex-chan lover
I get being angry that she weenied out, but is nobody going to acknowledge her indirect confession at all?

I guess I can sympathize with that-- that would have probably been well-received if she fully intended an indirect confession instead of retreating to it as a salvaging of her fumbling.
Not because she backed out. All it does is causes more confusion. It reminds me a bit of what happened in the movie Zutto Mae kara Suki deshita. Kokuhaku Jikkou Iinkai and she's going to regret backing out like that. It's now going to be more awkward between them and it will be harder to confess again.

Dex-chan lover
Actually it's a bit on the translation teams now that I think about it. Translating to "I like you" simply isn't correct, proper translation should be ambiguous as well.
Maybe "I like..." or something like this
This is one of those things that doesn't translate well. The object of "sukide" is usually left out and has to be gleaned from the context. When in a confession situation it is understood to mean "I like you", but if you're talking about something like baseball then it would mean "I like baseball". If the context is unclear then mentioning the object may be necessary.

Unfortunately that can't be directly translated because "I like" is (generally) incomplete and "I like..." implies hesitation when just saying "sukide" by itself is a complete sentence in Japanese.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
And a first year jk at that. She is like what? 15?
Since they're in cherry blossom season it's very late March or early April and they either have or are just about to end their 1st year. The way it (usually) works in Japan is that assuming normal progression you will be XX years old at the END of year YY of high school:
  • 16 - 1st
  • 17 - 2nd
  • 18 - 3rd
But yes, she still has a young skull full of mush.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
All you had to do was stop talking after "I like you". You coward.

Users who are viewing this thread