Amai Seikatsu - Vol. 10 Ch. 98 - Night Overseas

Double-page supporter
Ah, getting a bit of Fagin & crew vibes from this chapter, especially with that friggin' knife at the end.

Dex-chan lover
Damn; using a kid... that's cold.
Off to meet Sirius, or just gonna get hassled by Edo-San the secret ninja?

Dex-chan lover
Oof, Yumika. Those moves aren't exactly super likely to draw in Edo... Yet, anyways.

@saintguardian
Thanks for your work, as always! And I agree, using kids is just a big oof. No matter the fact that they're probably hard up (or were raised into that sort of life), it's still a "scum of the Earth" situation IMO.

It’s nice to see Yumika really put her hands on things and show Edo that she wants him.

That knife seems a bit big for that kid though.

@saintguardian thanks for the chapter!
dayum, edo slammed his back of the head to hard floor just like WWE show! did he survive that? i expect light concussion or brain damage at least. and that should attract crowd around them (or police).

Fed-Kun's army
Poor guy, he did not want to know what wakamiya was holding all night when he shook her hand

She getting thirsty lol, but she is going to have to be more aggressive if she wants any progress.

Dex-chan lover
Ah yes, open daylight armed robbery-turned-abduction in a wealthy luxury departement with very likely high police presence.... bit farfetched there by the author.

Hi there. New member here; I signed up just so I could comment on this particular manga -- and to let the scanlating team know how much I appreciate their efforts.

@Ren-chan:
Paris is a beautiful city, but as with any major tourist destination, it has its share of unsavory characters. While I have not been accosted by knife-wielding thieves (or children) during my visits there, I have been approached by teenagers who try to distract you so that an accomplice of theirs can attempt to make off with your valuables.

Don't let that dissuade you from visiting Paris if you get the chance, though. It's very scenic, with most major sights within walking distance of each other, and the people are friendly (it helps if you try speaking a bit of French to them, of course -- even just saying "Parlez-vous anglais?" will do).

@Narf:
I can't speak for the level of police presence in Paris back in the 1990s, but I can tell you that during my most recent visit there a few years ago, I didn't see any policemen along the streets known for their designer boutiques. In fact, the only policemen I saw were those posted near the Eiffel Tower and the Arc de Triomphe.

And the failed robbery attempt on me took place outdoors in broad daylight in a well-heeled area of the city, so the scenario is not too far-fetched at all.

@saintguardian:
Thanks for all your work on this manga so far! I've been following it for quite some time now, and I'm very glad you manage to find the time to release a new chapter every week.

I also really enjoy reading the little tidbits of information you place at the end of each release; they help a lot in understanding some of the lesser-known cultural aspects shown in some chapters, and the state of the lingerie/fashion industry during the 1990s.

Looking forward to what happens next!

@Ren-chan:
Oops! I didn't know that. My recommendation must've sounded pretty silly, I guess.

Je vous demande pardon.

@Assam
Pas de soucis, c'était très gentil de ta part.

Though, if you go to Paris, the people won't be very friendly. The "parisien" tend to be prickly because they're in a constant hurry.
Of course, they are not all like that and you can found somtime some very nice people. 😉

@saintguardian Thanks to you and your team for pulling through all the rough patches of this wonderful story and giving us the translations.

Finally caught up after not wanting to because of Kouno... I still don't like her and think that Yumika could take things a little bit slower. Although the smackdown was very cathartic.
But now we are finally back to less upsetting story lines. I say with literal daylight robbery happening. I do expect a whole lot of interesting stuff coming up though.
My gut tells me that there's one of the models waiting for us and also that Sirius might be trans. The whole mystery portion of her is just a bell for that to me.

Group Leader
Sorry everyone, I completely spaced on commenting because I was dealing with a lot of life stuff. I apologize and I won't be doing a comment on this chapter's beginning page.

@asfhoiasfjoiasfjpi You are welcome. Edo is unpredictable so next chapter should be entertaining.

@biznizz Apologies, I have no clue who Fagin & crew is.

@Seraphus Maybe they are off to meet Set?

@BanditHadron You are welcome. It's kind of sad what Yumika did but nothing can be done. I agree with using children to rob people but I think they are below the people who use cancer as a way to scam someone.

@Tbird90677 I think she went overboard with grabbing and even pestering her way in. But there is nothing she can change now. I just hope this is a once kind of thing until they actually head towards that direction.

@theowww I truthfully can't speak for how crime is handled or how present the police is in Paris, France. I'm hoping that it makes a loud enough noise to bring attention from someone. Who knows.

@student4444 I'm just praying he washed his hands. I'm sure he did but you never know.

@SunSun I'm sure you aren't the only one who's been told this. ^.^

@Pinealoupe Just remember that being too aggressive also got him to the point where he caused harm to himself. There is a limit before you have to stop.

@Ren-chan This was the 90's. Let's hope it got better.

@sinfika You are welcome. Look forward to the next one.

@Narf You never know where one alleyway leads. And yes, SOMEONE should have noticed.

@Assam You are welcome. Glad my information is read. Please look forward to more chapters. We are a few weeks away from chapter 100 release.

@ElBichoRaro Agreed, depending on how large the city is. The larger it is, the faster the people seem to be in a rush.

@Nestrior Wow, didn't think Kouno was that upsetting. I don't blame you to think that way. She is a handful and half of a character. We can only speculate what Sirius is but you could be right. We will know when we meet Sirius.

Users who are viewing this thread