Anata ga Shite Kurenakute mo - Vol. 11 Ch. 83

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, she's selfish and vain. She only ever complains and wallows in self-loathing and pity. Even admits to being only self-serving in this chapter too.
You can't have both a career that expansive and an active home life. She just wants her cake and eat it too.

He deserves better. Just end it Niina, ffs, be happy for once.

Dex-chan lover
Ultimately I think the problem is not really with Niina, but with a work environment that expects time commitments that makes a relationship between two working adults impossible. It’s seen as normal here, probably because in Japan it is.

Dex-chan lover
nahhh kaede is fully just deluding herself with her work at this point. "None of us are at fault" lmao that's the problem right there, she thinks her being busy is a valid excuse for her negligence towards Makoto. I get that she's super busy, but it really isn't a difficult thing to at least show some appreciation for your own spouse, especially when you realize how much you love him. It doesn't need to be something drastic as sex everyday, even a simply thank you (like when Makoto did some of the chores) goes a long way. Balancing work and love life can be challenging in her situation, but she's choosing (probably inadvertently) to make this an either/or thing

and poor Makoto even though he has feelings for michi deep down he still truly does love kaede and wants to make things work in the end

Oh, right. I forgot about the other husband. That definitely was cheating. Did the FMC and MC kiss before the company trip? It's been so long that I can't remember. Kissing would also be an intimate breach.
yeah they had a mini fling for a while before the almost sex. Kaede is really the only one of the 4 who hasn't cheated on their spouse

Dex-chan lover
I will never understand working so hard for someone else's business. I hope that editor-in-chief at least comes with equity.
This. But I'm willing to bet her salary isn't even particularly high. I've heard of those "Fashion is your passion so be glad you're able to work for us" types of positions.
Ultimately I think the problem is not really with Niina, but with a work environment that expects time commitments that makes a relationship between two working adults impossible. It’s seen as normal here, probably because in Japan it is.
What if next arc is about unionizing like in F.I.S.T. ?

Dex-chan lover
I would sympathize more with Kaede if she wasn't such a control freak at work. She could have trained her subordinates better and spread out her workload to organize some time for her husband, but she's not happy with the results from her younger employees and insists on doing busy work herself. She's not really a good boss if others can't really improve in that environment.

But the author wants us all to believe you have to choose between your work and your own life so 😒

Honestly, why are you both married if you can't even spare some time with your spouse?

My brother is a project manager; he often comes home late at 8 or 9pm. But he still spend his time with his family, even his fiance.

And this kinda remind me to a tweet I read recently. Someone complained that he had to attend his son's two-hour graduation ceremony. He thought those two hour should be spent by making money, not "idling".

I know this is just my perspective, but I think money can still be sought for, but moments with loved ones are irreplaceable.

Makoto shouldn't apologize for asking quality time.. Marriage is between two people. Kaede accepted Makoto's proposal, so she signed up for it too. Just go marry your job, Kaede. I feel really bad for Makoto. :(
The mangaka is purposely trying to make us hate Kaede. Never mind that she is the only one who never cheated on her spouse in the story.

She literally doesn't have a work life balance and it's affecting her marriage. I wishes she learns that you can take the editor job but have strong boundaries. She can probably have both.
I doubt the mangaka would let her have a work life balance. Otherwise readers won't hate her if she does.

"Busy" is such a weak excuse. Just a bullshit way of saying that you just fell out of interest or simply don't care.

Dex-chan lover
marriage counseling would be great if there was one lol

this chapter kinda regressed whatever progress kaede made. now I'm leaning for them to divorce no matter how much I want them to work things out specially when makoto no longer loves her anyway.

Dex-chan lover
At first I pitied the FMC because she was working hard and it seemed like she cared about him but being a workaholic and all that made it seem otherwise. But now I just detest her because that wasn't the case. She's just some selfish b*tch who wouldn't think twice to say she loves her work more than she loves him to his face.

This only makes her discourse of being unsure about getting the job because she wants to be with him feel so fake. Seriously there's no need to cheat on this woman, just get a divorce and find a better person to love. His feelings and regret are wasted on this witch ffs.

Dex-chan lover
At first I pitied the FMC because she was working hard and it seemed like she cared about him but being a workaholic and all that made it seem otherwise. But now I just detest her because that wasn't the case. She's just some selfish b*tch who wouldn't think twice to say she loves her work more than she loves him to his face.

This only makes her discourse of being unsure about getting the job because she wants to be with him feel so fake. Seriously there's no need to cheat on this woman, just get a divorce and find a better person to love. His feelings and regret are wasted on this witch ffs.
Agree. There are several factors that come into play, of course being Japan there is no work life balance, but also she's a very career driven individual. That's her motivation and frankly her personality. It's who SHE IS AS A PERSON.

Some people just can't see that and blame it solely on the work culture. It is she who is ultimately deciding her work is important, if not more important, than her husband. The disdain for her only grows.

*editing: @maddery, wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
You know who to blame? The toxic working culture in Japan. It's not because she's a woman, if my husband is like this, I would probably dump him too (not gonna cheat like Makoto). Or maybe like Makoto said, don't marry a workaholic who value his/her work more than you. Maybe no one is at fault here and Makoto just chose the wrong partner from the beginning.

Dex-chan lover
Agree. There are several factors that come into play, of course being Japan there is no work life balance, but also she's a very career driven individual. That's her motivation and frankly her personality. It's who SHE IS AS A PERSON.

Some people just can't see that and blame it solely on the work culture. It is she who is ultimately deciding her work is important, if not more important, than her husband. The disdain for her only grows.
True, it's her personality. I live in Germany where work life balance is value, yet still met people who complain why other people don't work as hard as them, don't spend time with their family because of work, don't even take maternity leave (in Germany a man can take maternity leave to help his wife). Sometimes I wonder why these people get married to begin with.

Dex-chan lover
Use spoiler tags.

Yeah I went to check the raws (99 chapters as of today) and it seems

she told him to divorce. So he is with Michi now. She seems okay with that since her work is like her most important thing in life.

Problem is the author didn't end the story there. I suspect they will make her return somehow to complicate things again. But who knows. I'm seriously tired of this story that could be easily solved if they found counseling before of get a divorce. Now it just feels like the author just wants to stretch the story as much as possible which is a shame imo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dex-chan lover
Yeah I went to check the raws (99 chapters as of today) and it seems

she told him to divorce. So he is with Michi now. She seems okay with that since her work is like her most important thing in life.

Problem is the author didn't end the story there. I suspect they will make her return somehow to complicate things again. But who knows. I'm seriously tired of this story that could be easily solved if they found counseling before of get a divorce. Now it just feels like the author just wants to stretch the story as much as possible which is a shame imo.
Yeah, I believe that's the case too lol
Stretching out the drama as much as possible.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread