Anata ga Shitekurenakute mo - Vol. 6 Ch. 44

Fed-Kun's army
@GigiGalogre oh definitely she should’ve done better for her her husband but she tried to better herself sure it was late but she but he only noticed as she gave up trying fix herself hell michi husband is trying and she noticed his work then again he’s definitely not a good person either but they’re trying

@Rangetrout it is fine if you don't feel bad for her, a lot of people seem to hate her based on her lack of attention and affection towards makoto, which is understandable. A lot of commentators like to point out that makoto has been suffering for YEARS etc., I don't know where in the manga it was mentioned how many years they were married, or when they stopped being intimate, or even how long it has been since their communication became so bad. Please do remind me if it was mentioned somewhere, I know in Michis case it was specified that they hadn't had sex in two years.
BUT, there is one thing I would like to point out, makoto also choose to marry kaeda knowing that she wasn't really the ideal housewife material. She obviously couldn't cook, and was very career motivated from the start, which he says drew him towards her. She clearly became more and more busy with work as she got promoted and her responsibilities increased, and so they started getting less intimate. But acting like Kaeda forced makoto to do all the chores etc., when he chose her knowing she wasn't very skilled at it to begin with isn't really logical. If I marry a man who clearly knows next to nothing about doing chores, and never cooks, and I gladly seem to be taking on the responsibility of doing all those things, I don't think there are many men who would mind or step up to help of their own will. I do suspect that people are extra symphatetic towards makoto because he is a man performing untraditional tasks at home. Michi clearly also does most of the cooking, cleaning and other chores, but no one points this out as her being You-chans maid and the like as they do with kaeda and makotos relationship. When it comes to people mostly focus on the lack of intimacy, including michi. But in kaeda and makotos relationship it seems to piss people of more that she doesn't do all the chores. Just saying.

Also, the key word here is "divorce", If you are so unsatisfied with your partner, you need to divorce, two wrongs don't make a right. I have seen many people trying to blame their partner for their infidelity, but that is wrong, and those who think this way should not be in a relationship.

Man I already went on a rant about the entire thing but the last scene with Kaede crying in the bathroom w all that toilet paper HITTTTT DIFFERENT
Sounds so dumb but I remember doing that in hs over an ex and mannnn the memories 😔

I find it interesting that she considers emotional cheating to be worse than physical cheating. I am not sure how many women think like that, but pretty much no male would think physical cheating is preferable 😌

@Thejobbernowl This series is seriously realistic sometimes. I’ve seen a lot of people follow Michi’s pattern...when they’re usually at the end of or have ended a long term relationship.
Now that you mention it, it's something that sounds so easy and obvious but almost everyone fails this one. Don't ignore the signs and confront things cleanly, they are there for a reason more often than not.

@GigiGalogre Nah, cheating is never inevitable. He should have confronted her earlier about the problems, but he was afraid. Only two possible outcomes could have come out of it, both good: either they would have broken up or her finally understanding.

Why the hell I'm the only one who doesn't pity Kaede. She deserved this she was awful against Niina. Fuck Kaede.

Dex-chan lover
Still don't feel any pity for her. He has always been there for her but when he asks for the same she is wishy washy. Bitch.

It's not whether you can forgive him or not, it's whether you can see the flaw in your views.

@yoshiii Would you have said the same if he was the workaholic and she was the one that cheated?
Who am I kidding, of course not... 😩

@yoshiii It's not about gender roles. It's just a mental experiment to see for yourself if you are biased, to which you just answered.
And what gender roles? Why would it be less of I problem if the male partner cheated? People can get hurt by their partners the same way regardless of gender. And they have the same right to.

Fed-Kun's army
@yoshii AAAAAAAAaand that's still not an excuse to cheat. Because despite all that, he still chose to stay in that situation. And now he's sorry for himself. Not saying she was right, but that he's waaaaay outta bounds.

Leonhart93 Well, the reason why I think it feels worse to know that you partner is in love with someone else (so called "emotional cheating") is because at that point you have completely lost your partner. They now love another person, and thereby will naturally also desire that person sexually (so its like losing body and soul almost to someone else). while during physical cheating only (ex. drunk and slept with someone else), atleast you know that they still have feelings for you even if you walk away.

It's really interesting how we have two sides of the same issue with the husband characters.
One cheated out of a more 'lustful', as some would say, desire.
The other cheated out of an emotional desire.

Who's right? Who's wrong? Who knows!!
But I'm still rooting for Miichi. You go girl! Put your life back together! Find your value!

@Desireless Hmmm, I feel like if they get to the point of physical cheating there is either no love left or at least less of it than it should be. In which case I don't want that relationship.
Perhaps that's idealistic, but I prefer to be single than being with someone that barely loves me anymore.
Also, I never consider being drunk an excuse for anything. We are all responsible for our actions. If you know you are the type that can't control your actions while you are drunk, then you should not get drunk in the first place.

Dex-chan lover
Well, this is what happens when you marry a passionate/career-oriented person. You can try and get a hold of them to talk or drown yourself in pity to the point of cheating.

Sem

Dex-chan lover
Michi gaining a female friend and starting to live the parts of life that aren't work or romance are maybe the only truly positive things I've seen in this manga

Double-page supporter
This is just an opinion from someone who's yet married, but I've read somewhere that while sex is not the most important thing in a relationship, it's still plays a big part. I read that in an article about sex in relationship.

I think it also implies that when someone's cheating (in this case), it's not only about sex. His wife has never been there for him, physically or emotionally. I know it shocked her, but I hope she would understand that, so if someday she would start a new relationship she would fix that part too.

Users who are viewing this thread