Anata-tachi Soredemo Sensei Desu ka! - Vol. 2 Ch. 11.2 - Orizuru-sensei and the Secret Consultation (2)

Dex-chan lover
A plot twist, but a really cliched one that you almost could predict it. It's going to be where MC doesn't want her to leave because the other female tenants are going to miss her which will convince the MC that he too will miss her and which he will convince her to stay.

Let's just see how it will play out.

Dex-chan lover
I looked into arranged marriages in Japan, known as omiai (お見合い), and according to Wikipedia, only about 5% of marriages today are arranged. It’s interesting because this trope shows up so often in manga that it gives the impression it's still common, when in reality, it's pretty rare.

Thanks for the chapter!
I'd still say five percent is pretty high though.

Dex-chan lover
A plot twist, but a really cliched one that you almost could predict it. It's going to be where MC doesn't want her to leave because the other female tenants are going to miss her which will convince the MC that he too will miss her and which he will convince her to stay.

I'm hoping she leaves and it brings MC to the realization that he's in an inn. Eventually they will all leave as mentioned in the first chapter since this is a temporary situation.

Dex-chan lover
I looked into arranged marriages in Japan, known as omiai (お見合い), and according to Wikipedia, only about 5% of marriages today are arranged. It’s interesting because this trope shows up so often in manga that it gives the impression it's still common, when in reality, it's pretty rare.

Thanks for the chapter!
Well, the reason it shows up alot in mangas is because of if you look at what status the "5%" usually belong to you'll see that it's the status that less than ~15% (guesstimating here, don't have the statistics ready at hand) of the japanese population belongs to, which would mean that around a third of those has arranged marriages or "politacal pushed for" marriages.

EDIT: Forgot to add that the same status demographic of people are also often represented in manga.

Dex-chan lover
I feel like this is going to be a matter of "they had us in the first half"
Wow, they did have us in the first half.
Not what I was expecting either. Excited to see what happens next.
As always, salute for the translation efforts.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for uploading. Makes you wonder why sensei tease MC. Perhaps she wants to get out of the arrange marriage.

giphy.gif

Dex-chan lover

well didn't get ecchi, but doubt this resolves without the MC gets the lucky perv with the teacher on the side of the arranged marriage interview or in the worst case in the inn anyway.

Dex-chan lover
Well, the reason it shows up alot in mangas is because of if you look at what status the "5%" usually belong to you'll see that it's the status that less than ~15% (guesstimating here, don't have the statistics ready at hand) of the japanese population belongs to, which would mean that around a third of those has arranged marriages or "politacal pushed for" marriages.

EDIT: Forgot to add that the same status demographic of people are also often represented in manga.
Yeah, it's usually not the broke people we see in pop culture, even if they call themselves that while running the a/c in their palatial estate.

Users who are viewing this thread