Anata-tachi Soredemo Sensei Desu ka! - Vol. 2 Ch. 11.2 - Orizuru-sensei and the Secret Consultation (2)

Dex-chan lover
I looked into arranged marriages in Japan, known as omiai (お見合い), and according to Wikipedia, only about 5% of marriages today are arranged. It’s interesting because this trope shows up so often in manga that it gives the impression it's still common, when in reality, it's pretty rare.

Thanks for the chapter!
Author has gray hairs confirmed?

Dex-chan lover
Author has gray hairs confirmed?
Maybe. After @bondejeger mentioned that he thought 5% was high, I did some more research and learned two things:
  1. In the mid-20th century (1950 to 1970), it was estimated that about 70-80% of marriages were arranged.
  2. It might be more accurate to describe 5% as "uncommon" rather than "rare." Although 5% is a small proportion compared to historical levels, it remains a significant percentage. The term "rare" usually implies something much less frequent, like less than 1%.
Given point 1, the author might be older. However, it seems more likely that, even with the substantial reduction over the last 50 years, arranged marriages still retain some cultural relevance in Japanese society.

Dex-chan lover
Man this clichés is boring. At least do it in later chapters when the affection is high or something.

Dex-chan lover
Give her a nice farewell party and wish her well! We have already established she's cool when MC isn't around, so godspeed!

YEAH SURE :pacman:

If it soothes your heart even if a tiny bit, there is no chance of her marrying and leaving the house. None. Zero. Aucune.
I think she's the most popular teacher (for us, dunno about Japan), at least based on what chapters have been most popular. I doubt she's leaving any time soon.

Dex-chan lover
real talk, it would be interesting if it happened. Especially since this series wont be a harem ending. If it was that would be amazing.

Dex-chan lover
good. actually, good for her. I hope this develops realistically and not in some dumb "nuuh dun do eet"

Dex-chan lover
good. actually, good for her. I hope this develops realistically and not in some dumb "nuuh dun do eet"
What is the realistic way to handle a young beautiful teacher that lives with her student, who she likes to tease with her naked body and innuendo, having an arranged marriage? Also why did this highly realistic and common scenario not happen to me or anyone else I knew in school?

Users who are viewing this thread