Anata To Watashi Wo Tsunagu Mono - Oneshot

Dex-chan lover
The time we spend together is a bond that is stronger than a red thread of fate, huh...

Fed-Kun's army
This was a nice twist on the whole fate discussion.
How her parents fated bond leaves little room for anyone else.
How blind pursuit leaves you missing out on other opportunities/options.

I like the implication that the nurse knows about the red string too, only she already, and rightly so, decided not to pursue it.

And lastly, I love the amount of 'Ara'.

Does the author even know what fate means?
Destiny, sometimes referred to as fate (from Latin fatum "decree, prediction, destiny, fate"), is a predetermined course of events. Predeterminism is the philosophy that all events of history, past, present and future, have been already decided or are already known (by God, fate, or some other force), including human actions.
If they don't end up together, that relationship is not fate, and it's fated to be something else. So, that can't be 'the red string of fate'.

Morale 1: believing you know the future makes you a cringe and awful person.
Morale 2: It's fine being awful, as the one you love will patiently wait by your side for when you stop hurting them.

Dex-chan lover
page 10: hmm, that "uhmm", the flags are high! She is going to kill sensei, chop off her finger, and sew it onto herself. Just kidding, no way that is going to be the twist, makes too little sense.
page 20: She looks pained that she isn't her fated one... And the finger has no thread at all! Maybe it will turn out to be an actual twist for this kind of novel, for once, where mc figures out the choice is hers in the end? By choosing the girl who supported her all this time, and at that point see the thread unravel from sensei and move to that girls hand instead. Would be romantic. Unlike just ending up with the fated girl, or settling with someone else in the end (often after a death of the fated one).
end: aww, I said "just kidding", but secretly I kinda thought "maybe..?", and really wished for that to be the case :( And then the expected twist was not of as unexpected form as I had hoped (aside from sensei also seeing the threads), fate was as rigid as always :/

Users who are viewing this thread