Anemone is in Heat - Ch. 42 - Junior

Dex-chan lover
I hate this trope where characters can't just tell someone to fuck off for the sake of cheap drama. People would start throwing hands if some rando appeared to antogonize their significant other day after day. Nagisa is the biggest problem here. If she just told her to fuck off and never show her face again, that would be the end of it bu we know she will keep coming and they will keep listening. What a blunder.

Dex-chan lover
I feel like the author doesn't know what to do with the plot anymore, so they just keep adding this cheap forced drama 😔
They went into their folder of "good manga plots" and picked out this gem to drop into the story. We know how this typically goes and resolves, and that's why its a bit bothersome. It now feels like I'm rereading something rather than experiences a story for the first time.

Dex-chan lover
I hate this trope where characters can't just tell someone to fuck off for the sake of cheap drama. People would start throwing hands if some rando appeared to antogonize their significant other day after day. Nagisa is the biggest problem here. If she just told her to fuck off and never show her face again, that would be the end of it bu we know she will keep coming and they will keep listening. What a blunder.
None of you tough guys would ever "throw hands", most people here would piss themselves if confronted anywhere in the real world. Anyway, Nagisa does the right thing, she asks for more info then basically goes "Who the hell even are you?" and gives a small explanation that she's completely happy with her life choices. No sane person would start fighting over such trivial things. Nagisa even senses that this situation unsettled Mashiro so she tries to comfort and reassure her as best she can.

Now, the set up is that Mashiro will overthink this nonsense, but I'd love if the manga took a different route where Mashiro doesn't let this bother her and when this girl will show up again they basically ignore her.

Dex-chan lover
Damn you Mashiro... You and self-esteem are killing. Nagisa says hundreds of times how much she can't live without you and bullshit like that still affects you?! I'm insulted, for Nagisa's sake.

Dex-chan lover
"Prove it to me!"
Uhhhh… no? Who cares about what you think, random junior?

Also, god damnit, Sebas.

Aggregator gang
In the beginning, they may have froze out of pure shock. Neither of them are used to direct confrontation. Mashiro's sheltered and Nagisa was too busy studying to interact with people.

The second encounter, I think the reason why Nagisa froze and why Mashiro's afraid are one and the same. The stranger is basically hashing out their greatest insecurities and failures. Nagisa wanted to get in that school but couldn't. Her school now is not of the highest caliber but she wants to get into med school so where she's attending right now can probably affect which college she gets into. For Mashiro, she's guilty because she's gotten in the way of Nagisa's dream and probably fears Nagisa will realize she'll only continue to hold her back. Mashiro's a deeply insecure individual and while Nagisa has her own insecurities, I don't think they're anywhere near as nerve wracking as Mashiro's.

So really the new character isn't bringing about new issues. She's just made them resurface and quite impossible to ignore with her big fat mouth.

I have a feeling Nagisa will increase her studying, she already mentioned cram school I think, and lose time for Mashiro, further fueling Mashiro's insecurities and loneliness. Maybe this will give them both a chance to grow together instead of apart. Mashiro can gain independence, pick up a hobby, learn how to be a supportive partner like Nagisa has been. While Nagisa can learn time management maybe, learn not to fall into old habits of making everything about studying.

Thanks for the translation! Looking forward to the next!

Dex-chan lover
I've gotta say. Introducing a jealous love rival when you're out of plot is common tactic to keep a publication going...
But introducing a creepy gang-stalking jealous love rival. I can't think of another example! Is this breaking new ground?

Aggregator gang
Why even include your petty drama in the end? Like, it makes both sides look SO bad. Like, was it supposed to be a "GOTTEM" moment?
I mean, thanks for the translation and I know It's hard work, but man, acting like that ain't a good look. Huge ego's leaking out here, since the person you we're bullying was clearly very young.

Dex-chan lover
Stalker upset that victim isn't living up to her standards of what a stalking victim should be like.

Dex-chan lover
down the drop pile this goes. i am just not the target audience for this :haa:

maybe i'll come back once it's finished just to see how things developed

Users who are viewing this thread