Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, never did

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Never heard of their ENG dub

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dex-chan lover
Does anyone know the VAs on Animax's ENG dub?
I enjoyed all of them when I was a kid, but when the first time I watched anime on the internet, they sound weird af.
After some searching, I read Animax had a different studio to dub them and not considered as an "official" ENG dub.....
But hey, Cardcaptor Sakura Animax dub considered as official, yay. But I heard most people doesn't like it, because they sounded too "childish/unrealistic" and there aren't any ENGLISH NAMES (EWWWW)

Do you enjoy Animax ENG dubs?

Dex-chan lover
Animax makes eng dubs? Guess that's a local thing cause when I used to watch that channel the only thing available, most of the times, is Japanese with Info dub. And MD's biggest traffic comes from Indonesia. That means that a decent chunk of the people here can't contribute to the discussion.

I do remember some of the really old animes like Vanguard and Fairy Tail having other language dubs tho.

Dex-chan lover
@DANDAN_THE_DANDAN
Animax makes eng dubs?
Yeah, they did. But I read a news article on AnimeNewsNetwork, Animax hired another company to voice act because the production was cheaper and I think they mentioned the VAs had small wages

And MD's biggest traffic comes from Indonesia.
I'm from Indonesia, I used to watch anime on Animax. Animax was the only channel to aired ENG dub anime with Indonesian sub. Animax was a cable channel.m, that's why only middle-high incomed family can afford it
Other local TV channels aired Indonesian dub animes. Mostly animes for children, such as Doraemon, Shinchan, Pokemon, Bakugan, Digimon, only DBZ, other cartoons, etc.

I can understand why most Indonesian children watch the Indonesian dub tho, because they grew up with the Indonesian dub and were illeterate when they were kids (me too), and Animax was a cable. But I grew up with Animax ENG dub, it helped understand English and reading (that's why I had the most score in English at elementary lol)

I don't watch them on TV anymore tho, anime is viewed as "for children/childish" by my family.... some of my siblings watches mainstream anime tho (OPM, MHA), other slice-of-life, and other action anime.
Good thing internet is a thing. Now, I can watch anime on my phone :D

MD? MangaDex?

Group Leader
I Never hear their ENG Dub but I hear their Evangelion(Renewal version) Latinamerican Dub and I hated it

Users who are viewing this thread