Ao Ashi - Vol. 17 Ch. 170 - The Skies Over at Prague

@lisaisa: I read in Kuroko no Basuke once the expression "To hate one-self". Akutsu and Aoi are very much alike, only their energy differs. Aoi always has a positive drive, Akutsu has a very very negative outlook. Aoi wants to play the best football possible, Akutsu wants to surpass the best footballer (Kuri) as fast as possible. We know Aoi came from a troubled background (single mom, bartender iirc) maybe Akutsu has something similar as well

Akutsu notices not only the raw talent in Aoi, but also that it happened the same like with him. He can't deal with someone just like him, so he tries to snuff him out (or make him drop out). Funny thing is, Kuri was getting interested in Aoi after he saw Akutsu talk to him (an effort of Akutsu to make Aoi drop out). If he would have kept quiet, that would not have happened.

Thanks for the chapter update!! I like how we keep having Akutsu and Aoi compared to each other by the coaches and then having their tense relationship act up. I'm looking forward to seeing them work together lol

Thank you for the chapter! Akutsu... I understand his frustration for not playing, but he does need to calm down.

Anyway... To those people saying shit like "wow thanks! But I really miss more than one chapter a day releases," you're not fooling anyone with that bull. Stop being an entitled prick and be grateful Be Blues team has spoiled us so much. Do you not see the other groups releasing a chapter a month, or even longer, like once every three months? Can you rein in your disgusting greed? I'm 99% sure y'all don't pay for the raws, yet you keep wanting more, more, more.

Fed-Kun's army
Thanks for the chapter! When you guys catching up with the raws, please took a long break. You guys need it.

Appreciate the way you guys keep pumping those chapters one after the other obn the daily.
Appreciate all tbe hardwork .

Fed-Kun's army
@Alex_79 100% agree I think that behavior is called projection in psychology. I have the theory that Akutsu is ashamed to see traces of his past self in Aoi and just lashes it all out on him. Unlike Kirikiri he isn´t dismissive of all first years, or at least not in the same degree that he is on Aoi. I just think Akutsu is a teen with insecurity problems.

If this was any other manga I would immediately think he´ll go for the obvious route, and make a cheap humbling moment. But my expectations have been raised a little bit with what he did with Kirikiri´s.

HCO

Dex-chan lover
@yoshiii it cracks me up that I open the comments and the first thing I see is what everyone's thinking.

i mean, they really gotta develop the backstory why akutsu hates aoi...otherwise jus drop him as a character after this arc, its pretty useless for him to be in the story and gettin all the attention...

remember kids, theres always someone better. always.

Fed-Kun's army
uhhh... that's way too convenient for making Aoi scores against the 2nd team, isn't it?

How the hell the whole team can't score but he can 😅

Dex-chan lover
@r2r499 Probably cause Ali keeps improving while Akutsu is stuck in his position since the beginning with barely little change.

Aoi flaws are apparent to anyone , but in the right ( namely Fukuda) , they can be negated. But Akutsu flaws are deeply ingrained in his character.
Sort of reminds me of the relationship between Bakugou and Midoriya in MHA. Probably one of the most common tropes in shounen manga

I know some people like Akutsu, but I just can't.
He's a great player, I respect his motivation and hardwork. But he has the personnality of a bully, someone who wants to crush others.

I guess he has a very troubled background, I smell some child abuse past or something like that. But still that's not an excuse to become a jerk yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread