Ao Ashi - Vol. 17 Ch. 178 - Best Sensation

Dex-chan lover
the thing with the brother is random, 'cause it's just for the spin off.

that moment with his family resonates a lot with people, being negative in that he should talk with her or positive in his grasping something for not only his family but for his dreams (kuri helped a lot with that, not only going pro but reaching world stage)...
I'm with the latter, as from what we have seen the mother worries about him, but they aren't as close actually, he knows she works herself to the bone for him and he loves her for that (part of his dream is to help jer), but another thing is being actually closer and that's where the brother comes in, he was not only a brother but also was something akin to a parental figure as he was actually in charge of taking care of Aoi while the mom works.
So, with all said is done when he's learning at an incredible pace seeing his family only works as detrimental, pretty much as how lately his interactions with Hana has being going on and how this has been building up lately. (kudos to the author)

just to comment an extra, she still sees her "brother" on him, so not much of a fan with that, not a fan of projection or comparing him specially since she has so much influence on him (that's why I still see their "relation" as toxic)... she's still better than the sponsor daughter as romantic interest ('cause it has a reason)

sorry for the long post, but too little comments on the view of Aoi, wanted to throw my view too.

First of all, thank you Be Blues team for the chapters!

Okay, this was a very heavy chapter. On one hand I am annoyed at Aoi for how he treated his mother. She went all the way to tokyo to see him and "let's talk after the match" with a forced smile is all he can give her in return? That is dipping into some asshole territory, intentional or otherwise. One the other hand, I can sympathize with his tunnel vision right now. Do I think it's healthy? No. But I can understand it.

I'm very impressed by the build up of this manga so far. However, when Hana mentioned how he resembled her "brother in spain," it really ticked me off. I know this isn't the case, but it really makes me feel like this is all that goes through her head regarding Aoi. He will always stay in the shadow of her brother no matter what. And she has so much influence on his emotions and mental state. That's why I hope he doesn't get together with her. IMO, even sponsor daughter is better,because at least she sees Aoi for himself, not another person.

Okay, rant over xd

Fukuda got ruined by an career ending injury at his peak right? I really feel like Ashito is going to experience something insane in the next match that will ruin his ideals, too. I really hope it's not an injury or something career ending with a shounen miraculous healing or whatever... but something big enough to open his eyes perhaps? Hana has been drawing wimilarities between Ashito and Fukuda for so long I feel like it's not just her thing but rather the author's premonition...

HCO

Dex-chan lover
If you want to go pro, you have to make sacrifices. This is shounen after all so I expect him to change back but I'm honestly surprised they even tackled the subject matter in the first place. Just look at Tiger Woods' personal life, or watch the Jordan doc. All those dudes know is their sport.

Dex-chan lover
Dude, your mom :( But i understand too, the feeling of being absorbed in something.

I really liked this chapter. I kinda regret doing what Ashito did to his mother. I'm a professional player in argentinian baskeball league. By the time I was 16 I had to choose between going pro or studying a degree, I choose going pro. At that time I had a girlfriend, she was just my soulmate, even 2 years after she left me I still feel it. In order to go pro I had to practice like 6 to 7 hours daily (gym, individual practice and team practice) so I pratically cut off my relationships with everyone (I just talked with my parents and a little with my girlfriend), I lost almost all my friends because I didn't want to make time for them (believe me, it wasn't that I didn't have time, I didn't want to spend it in something other than basketball). I honestly could have made time for them. Last but not least the only person apart from my best friend that stayed was my girlfriend, she left me because I was just way too concentrated in basketball to the point that I would have choose basketball over her at all times (ATM, I wish I wasn't so dumb). I'm pro now but only have 1 friend, view as a jerk by almost everyone that knew me and most important I have broken heart.

chillll mannnn aoi-chan it's your mother!! if you dont have time just talk for couple of minutes and catch up... and then say see ya later! no need for all these dramas .. oh wait it's a manga

anyway, my prediction is esperion will lose against funebashi and aoi fails miserably.... only to realize he need support from loved ones he cannot go at it alone... this story is written all over before in lots of tv dramas

I was thinking lately that it's likely Aoi will suffer an injury in the story.
Now I feel like the serious injury flag has been raised for the next game.

Meo

Double-page supporter
Everyone seems to think Hana is projecting her brother onto Aoi. But I really don't think that's the case, it's because they are similar. I'm not sure how he got injured but maybe from being so focused on football, not getting enough rest, straining himself, etc. She's concerned for Aoi because she seen it happen once and doesn't want history to repeat itself.

BTW as a normal person that never had any obsession, I too would be worried if I saw someone think of their mother as nothing but a hindrance when she was only concerned because he refused to pick up the phone to have a normal conversation with her and tell her he was OK.

EDIT: The kid didn't even thank his mom for coming but instead basically told her, I'll make you enough money so you can live comfortably. Now the get F- out of my way so I can focus on this match. If I was his mother, I would be seriously hurt, so I'm glad Hana had the guts to speak up and tell him, he shouldn't treat his mother like that.

Rereading this chapter again makes me jealous that Aoi has a very supportive mother and girlfriend, this kind of support goes A VERY LONG WAY for a man as you tackle bigger things in your life

Dex-chan lover
Aoi, right now, you are more of an asshole than Akutsu in that moment. Jesus...

Fed-Kun's army
I totally understand what Aoi means, and he’s right in my opinion . When you have something, that objective or goal you just have to do , even if you have to cut ties, you people will understand . It’s like an obsession though

Users who are viewing this thread