Ao Ashi - Vol. 17 Ch. 178 - Best Sensation

Dex-chan lover
I really don't like Kuribayashi's way of thing.
Instead of "leaving everything on the pitch" it's more efficient and sane for the mind to leave everything that's not football once you enter the pitch.

If your life balance is shit you will only strain yourself for nothing...

the thing with the brother is random, 'cause it's just for the spin off.

that moment with his family resonates a lot with people, being negative in that he should talk with her or positive in his grasping something for not only his family but for his dreams (kuri helped a lot with that, not only going pro but reaching world stage)...
I'm with the latter, as from what we have seen the mother worries about him, but they aren't as close actually, he knows she works herself to the bone for him and he loves her for that (part of his dream is to help jer), but another thing is being actually closer and that's where the brother comes in, he was not only a brother but also was something akin to a parental figure as he was actually in charge of taking care of Aoi while the mom works.
So, with all said is done when he's learning at an incredible pace seeing his family only works as detrimental, pretty much as how lately his interactions with Hana has being going on and how this has been building up lately. (kudos to the author)

just to comment an extra, she still sees her "brother" on him, so not much of a fan with that, not a fan of projection or comparing him specially since she has so much influence on him (that's why I still see their "relation" as toxic)... she's still better than the sponsor daughter as romantic interest ('cause it has a reason)

sorry for the long post, but too little comments on the view of Aoi, wanted to throw my view too.

I agree with your message, hana is projecting her brother onto ashito, and her speech is mostly focused on her and her feelings defending ashito's mother, it's quite annoying to read especially. As for anri, I think she's better than Hana, she likes ashito for himself (she thinks he's cute, she likes his state of mind, she worries about him, she likes his game) their common interest is soccer. Unlike Hana, her interest in Ashito is because of Fukuda's interest in Ashito (jealousy) and because she wanted to find and relive her past through Ashito. She constantly projects Ashito onto her brother and just wants to remove the guilt that she couldn't do anything, she just wants to save someone, and even her dream is based on her brother (Hana is selfish because if one dreams of saving people because they feel guilty about not being able to save someone from injury in the past, it's more a way of managing their own feelings of guilt than actually helping others. In this case, it could be considered selfish because their main motivation is centered on themselves and their own emotions.). We see 0 evolution in all this, she's working for her dream, that's fine, supporting ashito in a pinch but for the wrong reasons, she can't manage to detach herself from her brother and get him off the pedestal she's put him on. Her interest is toxic. Ashito's behavior is toxic because she serves as a “drug” with his magical's speech when he's unstable, her interest is just when he needs someone, he is also selfish because everyone helps him but he helps no one.

Super Heavy stuff. Foreshadowing overload. Kind of an awkward place to have that conversation. Also, his brother getting drafted seems kind of random but OK. Can't wait for Gin-chan to translate those too!

I wonder if this will end up being like the time Hana drop kicked him on their date or if Aoi is right to shut out distractions.
is the drop kicking part a spoiler? it wasnt there in the anime if im not wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread