Ao Ashi - Vol. 17 Ch. 178 - Best Sensation

Super Heavy stuff. Foreshadowing overload. Kind of an awkward place to have that conversation. Also, his brother getting drafted seems kind of random but OK. Can't wait for Gin-chan to translate those too!

I wonder if this will end up being like the time Hana drop kicked him on their date or if Aoi is right to shut out distractions.

Damn, Aoi. This time I must agree with Hana, just a little bit.

Don't let football consume you to the point that you can't realize one of the most important things in your life, is your family.

They're the ones who will lift you up when you hit your lowest, so don't push them aside. Even if no one is on your side, your family will always be with you. That is what I see in your family, Aoi.

Anyway I'll continue to observe the Ashito family's dynamics, but Aoi, play your best and grasp that realization tight once you find it.

After all, your mother is here, all the way from Ehime to see you play your football!

Fed-Kun's army
there are players in europe who have asthma, maybe a scout saw his brother when he was very young and saw something. maybe his brother's new club is funding his medication.

Damn, the character is really well-written. I mean I understand on Aoi's outlook on football but also understand the dilemma that comes with it.

This really makes me wonder. What is the thing Aoi currently pursuing? Is it really for his mom in the end, or to be best player. Kuri really is a huge influence to shift Aoi's focus.

Liking this more than Be Blues tbh. Mostly due to better pacing and progression I think. Also Be Blues author is doing too much blue balling on me, damn.

Yooooo. The foreshadowing in this chapter? Spicy.

Aoi is gaining the same distant trait as Kuri has (leaving everything on the pitch and being distant IRL) and the implications that Fukuda also went through something similar. The Funebashi match was implied to be a physical match up with the offensive attackers and seeing as Aoi will be going against them I'm curious to see if the author wants to increase similarities with Fukuda and give Aoi a good wake up scare by having him injured enough that he can't continue playing in the match (and Taira subs in). This chapter really linked Kuri, Aoi and Fukuda given that they all "understand" each other to an interesting extent.

But I also wanna see Akutsu get pissed off at Aoi lol. Maybe cuz he's becoming similar to Kuri. And then just explode at Aoi and help bring him back from his closed off state.

Having Shun scouted seems a bit random since idk how his skill would be displayed enough when he's so busy and "quit" football.
Thank you for the translations!!

Thanks BBP for translating it to us. Starting to catch up to the raw. I hope that we can also see Aomori Seiran match / end of the league before catching up to the raw.

I called it, whatever it is that Ashito, Akutsu, and Kuribayashi are doing is not completely positive, and the manga tried to bring the topic to the front.

You know, Balance is good but it doesn't give you more or give you less, and only extremes get to the top by giving up everything else.

That's why sharing the burden is the best yet hardest thing to do, exactly what a highschool football embodies. They are extremes that worked like 'balance'-- covering up each others minuses by their pluses, and strengthen up their pluses by each other pluses. Their safety cushion are each other.

A player like Ashito, Kuri, Akutsu need a fan or family for cushion since the team can't give them that due to their fundamental approach to team football.

lil more back story/development as to why he loses himself like this (im very familiar with the feeling tbh, and its mainly not good lol but has major advantages)
the triggers that caused him would have us understand him more (even if u dont like this side of him, i don't personally, but jus need a bit more)
all in all....it will be interesting to see if he falters, pops off, or its more muted in what hes trying to grasp.

I think we got the response of why Kurobayashi is the way he is in this chapter. He cut off everything and everyone that was distracting him from football to the point that no one can communicate properly with him, I'm afraid to see Ashito is walking the same path. I'm really impressed with the writing in this chapter, I remember back in one of the first matches, Hana mentioned how "scary" Ashito's eyes were and I have been waiting patiently for that line to pay off but I didn't expect the author excellent built up to this moment. I feel I have a lot more to say but the majority of ppl already commented about it. I WANT TO SEE THE SPIN-OFF WITH ASHITO'S BROTHER.

Thanks for the chapters.

I don't think blowing off his mum is the best but I can understand that he doesn't want to lose his focus. I hope everything turns out well cos if this was DnA it would have been some injury,yips or great defeat foreshadowing.

Imma be mean af now... I want them to lose the next match so bad! XD
They all kinda need to reevaluate what they are doing and for what reason.

That being said... I can't wait for the spin-off series!
Aoi's brother was always such an interesting character to me so I'm gonna love seeing how he is different and still similar to his lil bro!
I wonder what position he plays~

Users who are viewing this thread