Ao Ashi - Vol. 19 Ch. 194 - Tripone Rufin (1)

i gotta say this is the first time i'm really disappointed with the author if no one in the story is going to acknowledge tripone's high kick last chapter... i usually let stuff like that slide because manga but i was expecting better from ao ashi. i haven't necessarily liked all of the author's choices so far but i have believed in the story he wants to tell and believed that the payoff will be worth it even for the parts that i find frustrating or tedious.

i still like the story overall and i love my kids and am very invested in their growth but this is definitely leaving a sour taste in my mouth.

edit: also thanks for the chapter as always!

I said this in the manga comments but let me slide this in the comments of this chapter since it's still relevant:
The manga is about a kid using Sharingan to play football but suddenly is the high leg of chapter 193 what pisses you guys off?? The manga is ruined I guess
Thanks for the chapter BBP!

I like how the main character has eagle eye vision, can see the whole pitch, and can predict players movement. You don't care but one dude has long legs and committed a foul you start crying. As someone that plays soccer and is a 6'5 forward my leg can reach that high. I understand it should have been a foul but for fuck sake can you just drop the manga and stop crying

@ZeroBlu21 Exactly Sometimes I wonder, what manga did they think they were reading all this time?? The same people that are complaining about Tripone's leg are the same people that will tell you that they prefer Be Blues because is more realistic, Yeah sure! a kid can have a tragic accident, break multiple bones of his body, and be fixed enough in a couple of years to aim to go pro, without ever seeing a professional orthopedic specialized in athlete's traumas. He doesn't have any limping or anything he just lost the center of the ball. But fuck tripone's leg that shit is way too unrealistic

Fed-Kun's army
What is the foul everyone is talking about? When I looked it up its only a foul to High kick if it endangers other players, is it that one?

As expected. Esperion would abandon Taira if they are cornered.

'Taira wouldn't be happy if we lose' is perfectly right, but it's dishonest to Taira too to immediately dismiss their goal of getting a huge lead so unceremoniously. There's no word of encouragement or nothing. Takasugi didn't bother saying 'we can do this despite so and so' or 'the plan is still alive' etc.

Takasugi and Esperion can't prove their solidarity through their attitude and it shows.

Nobody's actually wrong here, so I'm hoping someone could get them back on track. I hope it's Ootomo.

Im just saying, Tripone looks so fking cool with the black sclera. I really hope that he plays with Aoi one day, whether it be on a J club or the national team (probs national team).

Dex-chan lover
It's sort of bugging me we don't know why Taira is quitting.
He talked to Kuribayashi a few chapters back so I don't think it's just he lost his spirit.

The high kick is never a foul unless it endangers another player and this type of reach of legs is quite common in tall players.Those who are crying that's unrealistic has never played football .
Those who are complaining about the manga can you please get the fuck out of here.If you don't like it don't read it don't cry like a little baby who lost his/her pacifier.

tripone's kick is so brutal it's a black jackknife, throwback to prince of tennis

Lol, fanboys out in full force here. You guys know that you can like something, but still have valid criticism no? That high kick was a foul simple as that. The point people are making is that all the games in the manga so far have been fairly realistic, with techniques and strategies based on real-world ones. So, when the author writes in some obvious bullshit, it's a bit annoying. Yeah, Aoi's power is a little unrealistic, but there are players out there with great vision of the overall pitch and play, the manga just amps that up a bit. JackRipper7, gtfo. "The high kick is never a foul unless it endangers another player and this type of reach of legs is quite common in tall players." Seems like not only have you never played football, you've never watched it either. People don't do this in EPL, Bundesliga or La Liga - they'd get carded for it.

@ Freznoo how about overhead kick? If high kick is foul, then overhead kick, often done when you got a marking on ur back, also a foul?

Power Uploader
there is no high kick rule. the rule is about dangerous play. a foot above the waist isn't an instant whistle/card. the ref is who decides whether a play is dangerous or not. i honestly have no horse in this race but there sure is a lot of uninformed opinions being thrown around.

Here's the rule:
PLAYING IN A DANGEROUS MANNER
Playing in a dangerous manner is any action that, while trying to play the ball, threatens injury to someone (including the player themself) and includes preventing a nearby opponent from playing the ball for fear of injury.
A scissors or bicycle kick is permissible provided that it is not dangerous to an opponent.
source: https://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/law-12---fouls-and-misconduct

@Freznoo
Screenshot_4.png

This bicycle kick by cr7 was a hell of a lot more dangerous and close than what Tripone did since the defender actually went for the ball and the whistle wasn't blown. Seems you don't watch as much football as you think.

Users who are viewing this thread