April fools ad source? [Found]

Dex-chan lover
0wBXDiU.png

Dex-chan lover
not sure whats the problem here? was an ad not redirecting you to the manga? are you trying to add ad if so its too late now? a little more explanation is needed please and thank you

Dex-chan lover
not sure whats the problem here? was an ad not redirecting you to the manga? are you trying to add ad if so its too late now? a little more explanation is needed please and thank you
my friend experienced mangadex april fools ass first time and sent me the image without link, when I tell/told (which do I use here?) him to go back and click on the image he already refreshed the page.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
nah my friend is experiencing mangadex april fools ass first time and sent me the image without link, when I tell/told (which do I use here?) him to go back and click on the image he already refreshed the page.
You should use "told" there. You're talking about something that happened in the past, after all.
This kind of stuff is so interesting to me, how does your native language create sentences like this?
Apologies if that was a rhetorical question, and also for OOT (,_,)

Dex-chan lover
You should use "told" there. You're talking about something that happened in the past, after all.
This kind of stuff is so interesting to me, how does your native language create sentences like this?
yeah I thought so too but surprisingly both are grammatically correct, also both sounds pretty natural when spoken hence why I asked

yeah I thought so too but surprisingly both are grammatically correct, also both sounds pretty natural when spoken hence why I asked
Tell certainly doesn't sound natural to me in that sentence, and is also not grammatically correct. As was already pointed out, we're looking at a past event, which means "told" is the correct one to use, as "tell" is present/future tense. There may be some different dialects in certain regions where it can be used different, but in the closest there is to a "standard English" it'd always be "told".

Dex-chan lover
Tell certainly doesn't sound natural to me in that sentence, and is also not grammatically correct. As was already pointed out, we're looking at a past event, which means "told" is the correct one to use, as "tell" is present/future tense. There may be some different dialects in certain regions where it can be used different, but in the closest there is to a "standard English" it'd always be "told".
that so? I stand corrected

my friend experienced mangadex april fools ass first time and sent me the image without link, when I tell/told (which do I use here?) him to go back and click on the image he already refreshed the page.
I don't know if it's grammatically correct, but I wouldn't bat an eye if someone used "tell" in that sentence. Only, I will interpret it in a different manner. When using tell, it would seem to me you're saying that you've said the same thing many times over. "My child is lazy and can't study well, but when I tell him off he just doesn't listen." Something like that, although in my example 'whenever' would be more appropriate I believe

Using "told" is definitely the correct tense though, for reasons already said by others. Also, you clearly aren't repeating the same response ad nauseam to your friend's query, just once

Do correct me if I'm wrong, I never formally studied English

Dex-chan lover
Context. If there is a time in the past mentioned, you use that as the point of reference and assume the bulk of sentences following would be in past tense, unless the context shifts to the present.

In Vietnamese language structure, it would look something like this
During April Fools (implying a past event), my friend see (there is no singular/plural verb conjugation) the thing and send me the image without any link. I tell him to go back click on the image but he already refresh the page.

There is a particle used for indicating the past tense (or rather, the present perfect tense) but it sounds very unnatural in informal settings. So much that it's an instant giveaway you're not a native if you use it at the wrong moment.

Users who are viewing this thread